Crawdaddy's 4'X4' Grow Tents w/Mars II 240X5W LED

Here are some quick shots of the Fruity Chronic Juice and Strawberry Blue that got booted to small tent to finish their lives. nothing impressive here, I have clones of each that will finish outside and that it for these strains for me.

FCJ...
DSCN25371.JPG
DSCN25385.JPG

SB...
DSCN25392.JPG
DSCN25404.JPG

CD, sometime, I would like to see a diagram of how you do this separate reservoir thing with two pumps. I've thought about doing something like that but always afraid I would run pumps dry.

Here is 'ghetto' paint drawing ( i just realized forgot to say the red thing in picture is water catch tray, in this case a big pot saucer, the proportions are not the best but you get the idea)...
irrigation.png

Sump pump I use is
419_43OIXAL_SY450_.jpg
my current problem is the sump pump runs dry, trying to configure some sort of switching mechanism for it, bought a float switch but need to mess with it to work right. Right now it just runs on same time as water pump, it a bit load cause running itself dry, but works for now.

Here is 'ghetto' paint drawing ( i just realized forgot to say the red thing in picture is water catch tray, in this case a big pot saucer, the proportions are not the best but you get the idea)...
irrigation.png

Sump pump I use is
419_43OIXAL_SY450_.jpg
my current problem is the sump pump runs dry, trying to configure some sort of switching mechanism for it, bought a float switch but need to mess with it to work right. Right now it just runs on same time as water pump, it a bit load cause running itself dry, but works for now.

I see. So how much lower can you get the plant by using the two sump system?

That pump looks pretty cool. How low will it pump? Or in other words, how much water does it leave in the bottom?

I see. So how much lower can you get the plant by using the two sump system?

That pump looks pretty cool. How low will it pump? Or in other words, how much water does it leave in the bottom?

I probably get 6-10 inches, it all depends on how high the plant tray ends up being, I could probably get another 2-4 with more refined design, or if not already had cut drain holes in the big plant flood tray, thus not needing it to be on wooden blocks draining into catch tray. With an optimal system maybe able to get as much height as the res is tall that originally put plants on top of.

Heck I just got an idea, the bottom liner of the grow tent is waterproof I may be able to drain directly to it and put sump pump in low point. Hmmm...

That pump sucks like crazy it barely leaves any water in catch tray, maybe 1/8 ".

The concept is solid just need to refine it a bit.

I probably get 6-10 inches, it all depends on how high the plant tray ends up being, I could probably get another 2-4 with more refined design, or if not already had cut drain holes in the big plant flood tray, thus not needing it to be on wooden blocks draining into catch tray. With an optimal system maybe able to get as much height as the res is tall that originally put plants on top of.

Heck I just got an idea, the bottom liner of the grow tent is waterproof I may be able to drain directly to it and put sump pump in low point. Hmmm...

That pump sucks like crazy it barely leaves any water in catch tray, maybe 1/8 ".

The concept is solid just need to refine it a bit.

That's awesome. I wish they made a smaller one. at 12" tall, it wouldn't even fit in my reservoir! Keep us updated if you get it fine tuned.

Looking great Crawdaddy, I perked right up when I saw your res on the side of your tray & the sump pump, if you could find a small sump pump that would fit in the flat section of the tray (with no holes) problem solved. A 5'x5' tent with a net to spread out to fill in above the res area, just thinking out loud Crawdaddy. The smaller sump pump is the key to this. Outstanding Sir, keep up the great work.

Could you put a timer on the sump pump to run a little longer than the feeding pump?

That's awesome. I wish they made a smaller one. at 12" tall, it wouldn't even fit in my reservoir! Keep us updated if you get it fine tuned.

The sump pump does not go in res, it just sits in tray with no top, so may stick up a bit, but that not biggie.

Looking great Crawdaddy, I perked right up when I saw your res on the side of your tray & the sump pump, if you could find a small sump pump that would fit in the flat section of the tray (with no holes) problem solved. A 5'x5' tent with a net to spread out to fill in above the res area, just thinking out loud Crawdaddy. The smaller sump pump is the key to this. Outstanding Sir, keep up the great work.

Could you put a timer on the sump pump to run a little longer than the feeding pump?

Yea about the timer, I am trying to fashion a float switch, if that does not work then probably go with 2nd timer.

I think the optimum would be to have a flat tray for the plants, the flood tray i got has tons of drain channels, and the lowest point is not big enough for sump pump to fit in, and just have the try at a VERY slight angle with the sump pump at the low end.

I was going to mess with it some yesterday but spent 2 hours thinning out the Crimea Blue outdoors, it needed it.

Here are some trich shots of the Fruity Chronic Juice and Strawberry Blue

The FCJ is turning out better then I thought, nice trich density, I need the space so thinking start to flush and chop in a week. a few ambers here and there...
FCJ_1.jpg
FCJ_2.jpg
FCJ_3.jpg

the Strawberry Blue is not very impressive trich density is just not there, she could go longer, but she will be flushed and chopped in week too...
SB_12.jpg
SB_21.jpg
SB_31.jpg

Was messing with the irrigation system in Tent # 2, sump pump is not working as well as hoped. going to have to find another 'sucking' pump solution, got to be something. I will figure it out eventually :) Went back to normal water pump, it just does not get water level as lo as I want in catch try.

while I was in there, I trimmed out alot of underbrush and spread the plants out some, here is what they look like now, poor things are a bit beat up. Cotton Candy on left Spicy White Devil on right. current plan is to veg another 1-2 weeks then flip. The CC going ot be bigger then the SWD that plant grows like crazy.
DSCN25483.JPG
DSCN25492.JPG

And here is the pile of stuff I pulled out, will be more later of course...
DSCN25502.JPG

You can see I made a mess with the water, I like these Gorilla Grow tents cause the base liner seems very strong and water proof.

I am hoping the 5 gallon airpots are big enough for these plants, time will tell :volcano-smiley:

Well good news and bad news today on the 4 flowering plants in tent #1.

They all look good and smell great, but after closer inspection they have mites GRRRR! to late in flower to spray so will be harvested over course of next day or two. Got some trich shots for now, will take pics as I harvet starting tomorrow. They a bit early but should be ok smoke...

MKUltra(flower Day 62)...
MKU_2.jpg
MKU_3.jpg
MKU_1.jpg

Hawaiian Snow, 2 plants of this, only one got pictures(flower DAY 62)
HS_26.jpg
HS_36.jpg
HS_16.jpg

Cotton Candy(flower day 56
CC_22.jpg
CC_31.jpg

CC_13.jpg

EVERY other plant I got vegging is getting sprayed down tomorrow.

Harvest report and Grow Summary on the MK Ultra, by TH Seeds.

This plant was a freebie seed and a regular seed so was double lucky to be female.

I was pleasantly surprised on the genetics of the is plant.

Was on of my first seeds started and finished all the way through 'Capn Style'.

She is a VERY strong vegger and looks to be able to make fat buds, this was cut premature due to mites, and to late to spray, flower Day 62. I believe I messed something up with light schedule or something a few weeks in as she, and her tent mates, showed some sort of weird reveg pattern and you can see that in these buds. IMO it also increased the flower time, I am thinking under normal conditions be a 55-60 day strain. I have a large clone of this plant growing in 3X3 by itself we shall see.

she also stretched out MUCH more then I was thinking, all my Capn Style plants are doing this compared to previous soil grows. So she had trouble staying upright the whole time, as you can see in pics. Her clone is being SCROGGED.

Lastly when I checked roots, sorry no pics, they where brown and small, I have to be better about keeping my roots healthy with tea and proper pH.

I think she has very good genetics and excited to see how her clone turns out.

Pics...
DSCN25804.JPG
DSCN25814.JPG
DSCN25822.JPG
DSCN25834.JPG
DSCN25844.JPG
DSCN25863.JPG

Buds will be washed and dried now.

Harvest and Grow Summary for the Hawaiian Snow....

I really love this strain, such a fruity/sweet smell and resinous buds, not the densest buds, and great high.

I grew this plant in a Waterfarm with rockwool cubes instead of hydroton, she grew WAY too big and lanky, a hazard of this strain. Like the MK ultra she stretched more then I am used to and seemed to go through a regrow phase early in flower. Being only Day 62 this could have gone ALOT longer, but mites and too late to spray.

My goal is to find a way to train this strain to get a nice screen full of sweet Sativa buds, have some clones to play with now.

The buds are lanky and sparse but should be some good smoke....
DSCN25891.JPG
DSCN25914.JPG
DSCN25923.JPG
DSCN25933.JPG
DSCN25943.JPG

Here is the skeleton...
DSCN25953.JPG

Root shots, not the whitest roots, but sure matted in the container before growing into bottom ...
DSCN25965.JPG
DSCN25975.JPG
DSCN25984.JPG
DSCN25995.JPG
DSCN26003.JPG

And trimmed buds, they will be washed with the rest when done.
DSCN26014.JPG
DSCN26025.JPG
DSCN26038.JPG

Hey CD, those buds look great for LED, man! Way to go. Maybe it could have gone longer but I'm sure it will be plenty potent as is. When I'm growing something sativa-ish, I top it right when I put into flower. This slows down the stretch and lets the little stuff catch up.

Those roots look really nice, especially after this long in flower. That slab o roots is a crack up. What was your irrigation schedule in that?

So the top part was basically cubes, and the bottom part was DWC? I've done that a lot, but can't do it in the summer time. Water temps too warm.

Hey CD, those buds look great for LED, man! Way to go. Maybe it could have gone longer but I'm sure it will be plenty potent as is. When I'm growing something sativa-ish, I top it right when I put into flower. This slows down the stretch and lets the little stuff catch up.

Those roots look really nice, especially after this long in flower. That slab o roots is a crack up. What was your irrigation schedule in that?

So the top part was basically cubes, and the bottom part was DWC? I've done that a lot, but can't do it in the summer time. Water temps too warm.

It one of the GH Waterfarms that just uses an airpump to power drip and aerate bottom part at same time. It runs 24/7.

Yep basically cubes in top and DWC in the bottom, by design supposed to use hydroton, but i think rock wool cubes superior.

The better buds are coming tomorrow on the Cotton Candy, ran out of time today to trim :)

Grow and Harvest summary for the second Hawaiian Snow.

Flower day 62 for harvest, way immature, but once again too many mites. We hall see how it smokes when done, might be worst of this bunch cause most immature.

Only things of note for the grow of this plant was that I attempted a spiral flux at first, this strain just stretched out of it, so that was unsuccessful. also it was originally in a 1 gallon soil pot and I transplanted into rockwool and 5 gallon airpot, showed no ill effects from change of medium and being in both.

DSCN26043.JPG
DSCN26083.JPG
DSCN26093.JPG
DSCN26107.JPG
DSCN26115.JPG
DSCN26125.JPG
DSCN26136.JPG
HS_2_1_.JPG
HS_2_2_.JPG
HS_2_3_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom