Crawdaddy's 4'X4' Grow Tents w/Mars II 240X5W LED

Sorry smokerjoe.I just rem u wanting 2 know wot buds were washed.I rem seeing ur water an thinking no way on earth.whole container was filled with trics.I used 2 be a chef,trained.so I get the need 2 wash vegetables,salads ect.meat also,but there's rules,u never wash steak.water must never come near a steak.but u can wash chicken,infact washing chicken is a must.but u wouldn't wash pork.water added 2 moisture,u don't want moisture,wen adding 2 hot flame grill,also mushrooms arnt washed.and arnt advised 2 either.dry wipe.there's a reason 4 it,the cooking process is completely different 2 dry vs wet.wet produces boiled like,fried produces fried like.washing cannabis,coming from were I come from,bad idea.100%.added moisture isn't welcome.it adds 2 the overall performance of the final product.FACT

Well that was from 100's of buds from 3 plants so really only a few from each bud plus it was leaf,dirt,dust and tons of gross crap you dont want to be smoking. You dont mind because out of sight out of mind. Washing marijuana doesnt relate to your experience as a chef to be honest. Completely different ballpark. I wont try to convince you to do something you dont want to because its your buds and your lungs but as I have said the trichome loss is not even noticable when smoking the dried buds and its a lot healthier. It burns a lot smoother without that harsh throat burn but its your body I was just trying to help you.

No fair enough smoker.I guess we live on diff sides of the world,so things are done diff.2 be honest,I grew up smoking brown,u burn.all this green came along wen I was well off everything.then I started smoking again an suddenly every1 was smoking/dealing in herbal cannabis.stuff is 10× stronger than that brown stuff.so washing buds seems so alien 2 me.its just something I can't get my head around,but hey,if it works,that's great.its just my grow,there was never anything near my plants,insects ect.so I def don't need 2 wash.

Why do I keep reading Americans washed their buds?? I haven't heard anything like that in all my life.wots the point in washing buds?? They are 2 be smoked,not cleaned down and most of the THC content washed away?? No??

I did it once and I didn't like it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Speaking of washing buds...

So my girlfriend was a good g/f today, I asked her to make the water for washing when i was at work, she ending up doing pre trim and washing all the buds herself, they are hanging in closet to dry a day before final trim....
DSCN20084.JPG
DSCN20095.JPG

This shot is to show the worst top I could find in a 30 secs inspection, I cut it off after taking pic. Well examine better for mite residue(I hate the little bastards so much) when trimming tomorrow evening.
DSCN20101.JPG

Here are the next two plants (if room) to go in tent in next 30 mins when it come on. A big Hawaiian Snow, different pheno then last one, and a Brainstorm. Will probably squeeze the brainstorm in but might not be enough room.

HS..
DSCN20115.JPG

Here is some leaf burn from being right on the LED
DSCN20125.JPG
DSCN20133.JPG

BS..
DSCN20145.JPG
DSCN20159.JPG

my 2 cents

I have been washing my buds the last few grows and will continue to do so. Especially since I use foliar sprays.

I originally thought it would add to the dry time, but it doesn't slow it down at all.

It definitely improves the smoke. The trichomes don't wash off.

Try a few branches if you don't want to experiment with a whole plant.

If I wouldn't wash the buds, I would still soak them down with a hose or sprayer to clean them off a bit before harvest.

its just my grow,there was never anything near my plants,insects ect. so I def don't need 2 wash.

If there was AIR around your plants then there was also airborne dust/dirt/micro-debris/pollution/spores/animal dander etc etc around your plants. Consider that the plants are sticky by nature and you'll understand that they are a natural dirt magnet. I haven't been in a position to wash anything yet, but the testimonials I've seen are honest and it is something I would definitely try for myself before passing judgement. I mean, why not? Gotta stay open minded, otherwise you'll end up smoking "the brown stuff" forever and never know there's anything better...

B.real, why didn't you like it? Just not enough difference to warrant the effort or was there something that was actually less appealing about your herb afterwards?

Well I choose to trash all buds, after trimming a few I noticed they smelled good but they had this weird texture and look to them.

O well, shit happens, I still got 4-5 quart mason jars of good stuff to smoke on till next haul, which will probably be autoflowers in outdoor grow, some of those are smelling REAL good.

All the plants got sprayed down last nite with 'Nuke-Em' mite killer.

The new HS and BS added to tent are looking good, maybe post some pics later. The 2 X Critical, Power flower and Flowerbomb Kush are getting some good buds.

Were the buds too airy to use for smoking? You could always make hashish from that plant. I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

They where not airy at all, just had a brown tinge to them I did not like. And got plenty of good smoke stashed.

I offered to g/f to male hash, she uses dry ice method, but she has a large backload of trimmings/popcorn, so it got thrown in leaf/branch bin.

Disappointing, but one moves on:)

The first time I saw someone do the dry ice method I totally LOL'd at how stupidly awesome it was. I don't know why anyone would ever do it any other way after seeing that!

Hey Crawdaddy, let me know how you liked or disliked Nuke-em. Thanks.

The first time I saw someone do the dry ice method I totally LOL'd at how stupidly awesome it was. I don't know why anyone would ever do it any other way after seeing that!
Yea it seems to work great and easy as pie, if have access to dry ice.
Hey Crawdaddy, let me know how you liked or disliked Nuke-em. Thanks.
It will be a while before I can judge, need to see how works long term.

Back
Top Bottom