Critical 47

Wild Thia has roots coming through the fabric pot at the sides. Does anyone have any advice on this? Is this something that should be addressed or will it work itself out.?
I didn't/don't get that growing in fabric pots, but some others do.
Unless your humidity is really high the tips should die and stop that root from growing any further out from the pot.
Usually that happens before it goes through.

Channel+ I do not remember what this technique is called, it's supposed to bend the stem to grow horizontal. Causing the plant to focus growing up the middle section. I also topped the tiny nodes that were coming out from the lower half. Hopefully to create 2 branches to grow from the site instead of just 1. If I'm doing this wrong please please give me some pointers. I was reading training techniques from @Herbies Seeds and so I wanted to practice.
20240304_133830.jpg
20240304_133840.jpg
20240304_133757.jpg

Wild Thia got tied around the fabric pot, I tied her 4 corners to the bag. Is this all there is to do with this type of training?
I do believe this technique is meant to open the in wr canopy to let in more light to the middle. Allowing the plant to grow wider and produce more budding zones. This is my 1st time with any training techniques so feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong or right.. anything goes 😇
I appreciate your comments.
20240304_133918.jpg
20240304_133903.jpg
20240304_133922.jpg

If you spead out the top two branches, bringing them down to level with the rest it'll break apical dominance, and trigger more growth in the lower branches. You just have to go slowly and gently, you can split the stalk, or break branches off fairly easily.

If you spead out the top two branches, bringing them down to level with the rest it'll break apical dominance, and trigger more growth in the lower branches. You just have to go slowly and gently, you can split the stalk, or break branches off fairly easily.
Yeah figured I'd slowly stretch the bottom half down and then go for the top 2 branches. Thank you Mel.

Channel+ I do not remember what this technique is called, it's supposed to bend the stem to grow horizontal. Causing the plant to focus growing up the middle section. I also topped the tiny nodes that were coming out from the lower half. Hopefully to create 2 branches to grow from the site instead of just 1. If I'm doing this wrong please please give me some pointers. I was reading training techniques from @Herbies Seeds and so I wanted to practice.
20240304_133830.jpg
20240304_133840.jpg
20240304_133757.jpg
They call this style LST, or low stress training. The small tops you took is still considered topping, but less stress full. Bending is far less though, stressful. I call taking those tiny tops, micro topping, and can sometimes result in what is called fimming.....long for fim, or fuck I missed. Other training is called mainlining, which I've never got into. Another tequnique, I believe they call super ripping? Not sure, but I do it regularly. Basically it's when you take the stem, and pinch it till it snaps and bends over. A bit more technical, but on ce you do it, it's no biggie.

They call this style LST, or low stress training. The small tops you took is still considered topping, but less stress full. Bending is far less though, stressful. I call taking those tiny tops, micro topping, and can sometimes result in what is called fimming.....long for fim, or fuck I missed. Other training is called mainlining, which I've never got into. Another tequnique, I believe they call super ripping? Not sure, but I do it regularly. Basically it's when you take the stem, and pinch it till it snaps and bends over. A bit more technical, but on ce you do it, it's no biggie.
I've accidentally done that stem pinching before with other plants, it's just a manner of pressure pointing. The plants usually heal pretty fast from it. Like skinning your knee.. Err fracture.. 😆

I untied channel+ from her mainlining. I'm gonna reduce it, wondering if I should let her grow a node more or should I start now. She still has a bend in her, I'm definitely sticking to the LST on the Thia.
I'm thinking maybe if I plan on mainlining a plant I should plant it in a more convenient way so that the vent stem grows across the circumference of the container. Like how a traditional bonsai has that permanent blowing in the breeze look to it .. that sway
The girls are liking the light.
20240304_195650.jpg
20240304_195455.jpg
20240304_195357.jpg
20240304_195330.jpg
20240304_195608.jpg
20240304_195432.jpg
20240304_195412.jpg

I would suggest super cropping those 2 top stems on the wild thia when u LST them because the toped area is a weak point & a potential stem split , even when at first it may not split it could occour later , with super cropping between that tiped area & the next set of leaves the stress will be lessened , this i just learned lately from @Azimuth
Your plants look fantastic jiggi , take care & peace to all 🤙✌️

Wild Thia got tied around the fabric pot, I tied her 4 corners to the bag. Is this all there is to do with this type of training?
I do believe this technique is meant to open the in wr canopy to let in more light to the middle. Allowing the plant to grow wider and produce more budding zones. This is my 1st time with any training techniques so feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong or right.. anything goes 😇
I appreciate your comments.
20240304_133918.jpg
20240304_133903.jpg
20240304_133922.jpg
Yeah, when you pull the limbs down and out like that you create a stress point right at the stem junction and that can split later on. As the plant gets bigger and stronger it will pull harder against the fixed points holding it down.

We see splitting more so on a topped plant right at that center topping, but I've found supercropping first really helps.

I've cracked too many stems just doing it with my fingers so my technique is to press the stem around a cylindrical object like a pen or small diameter pipe where I want the bend to be, typically an inch or so out from the main stem. Press the stem against the pen, rolling the pen against the underside of the stem slightly, until you feel the stem give a bit and then move slightly further out from the main stem and do it again.

Doing this moves the pressure point out away from the main stem and also has you simply bending the stem down rather than pulling it out and away from the main stem. So, less pressure on those joints.

The added bonus is you get a big fat knuckle at the bend site as the plant repairs the damage and that repair seems to increase the flow of water and nutrients leading to more robust growth.

Great looking garden and nice new light 😁

Your doing great with the lst..... Don't be afraid to get a little more aggressive.... For some reason I believe this plant has evolved to adore abuse and bounce back 😂

Back
Top Bottom