Critical 47

I also have them everywhere. Asian Beatle\lady bug things. When the surrounding fields get planted with beans our house gets to the point you can barely see it on the outside. Some years worse than others with crop rotation but they're never completely gone. Come fall the kids and I are getting them with the shop vac. Only bug I've seen in the garden so far was one of our lizards crickets that hopped a ride lol.
Those crickets travel! We have beardies, so I hear ya!

The most destructive bug I get every year is the dreaded Japanese scarab beetle. They eat the petals off my roses! I don't like killing things, I don't mind killing them. They'll devour a whole rose blossom in a few hours. Idk how they'll act on the cannabis!! They have little clustered orgy's and that's the best time to get em. When they're not looking! Grab em all as one and squeeze. I found they die best when you hear their shells crack. This spring we're guaranteed to have cicada's by the trillions, the bug guy said "expect at least a million cicada's per acre" that's a fuck-ton of locusts!!! @Sierra Natural Science gonna be busting with customers! Specially since the gov. FDA (or whomever) ex-nayed the farmers from using specific pesticides and stuff on their crops recently. Oh buddy!! I do like cicada's tho, I can fall asleep to a tree of them screeching from the canopy's. Ooh that reminds me, I gotta bring out the hammock!!

The most destructive bug I get every year is the dreaded Japanese scarab beetle. They eat the petals off my roses! I don't like killing things, I don't mind killing them. They'll devour a whole rose blossom in a few hours. Idk how they'll act on the cannabis!! They have little clustered orgy's and that's the best time to get em. When they're not looking! Grab em all as one and squeeze. I found they die best when you hear their shells crack. This spring we're guaranteed to have cicada's by the trillions, the bug guy said "expect at least a million cicada's per acre" that's a fuck-ton of locusts!!! @Sierra Natural Science gonna be busting with customers! Specially since the gov. FDA (or whomever) ex-nayed the farmers from using specific pesticides and stuff on their crops recently. Oh buddy!! I do like cicada's tho, I can fall asleep to a tree of them screeching from the canopy's. Ooh that reminds me, I gotta bring out the hammock!!
They are well all bugs are the reason I sealed my room up so good. The Beatles haven't effected our houseplants or seem to care. Just see them coming from somewhere with temp changes. I try not to squish them because I think that stinky shit they shit out attracts more and that's also how they find their way in. So I normally vacuum them up and burn them or flush them down the toilet. My rooms down in a basement and last spring I had ants eat some seeds I started down there so I'm paranoid. Ants can bring in the aphids to I think. As for cicadas I don't know much about them other than there was a study done and they found some produce an amphetamine like substance along with dimethyltryptamine which I thought was pretty interesting. I need to find some mean ducks and chickens that would stand up to my cats a free range them. Oh I read cat nip detours Asian Beatles. I'm going to try that out too.

They are well all bugs are the reason I sealed my room up so good. The Beatles haven't effected our houseplants or seem to care. Just see them coming from somewhere with temp changes. I try not to squish them because I think that stinky shit they shit out attracts more and that's also how they find their way in. So I normally vacuum them up and burn them or flush them down the toilet. My rooms down in a basement and last spring I had ants eat some seeds I started down there so I'm paranoid. Ants can bring in the aphids to I think. As for cicadas I don't know much about them other than there was a study done and they found some produce an amphetamine like substance along with dimethyltryptamine which I thought was pretty interesting. I need to find some mean ducks and chickens that would stand up to my cats a free range them. Oh I read cat nip detours Asian Beatles. I'm going to try that out too.
You're right about them leaving a stink that attracts others. They do that. And ants do carry aphids, they utilize them like cattle. They actually will keep herds of them underground and bring them food. The aphids secret a honeydew tasting liquid that feed the ants. It's like a super food, ant Gatorade.

Finally found my way here!
The girls are looking great!
I’d have to agree with your brother, you a natural.
I use the fox farms stuff as well but, you probably already know that, having been to my journal and all… lol
Definitely gonna hang out with ya here if you don’t mind!

Princess Peach
20240226_172052.jpg
1000001085.jpg
1000001089.jpg
1000001084.jpg

The top of her has so much going on. The white hairs are gathered throughout the canopy. All between the branches and almost every tip is going through the flowering morph. When I stand next to her she's almost at my chest, the picture really makes her look smaller. Or maybe I'm just really short.. 🤔😋
Also, I'm working with what I've got at the moment with lighting. I pulled out the bloom bar, or whatever it's for. Idk much on it it didn't have any writing on it. However, I'm gonna pretend it's a bloom bar for the time being. So I ductaped it to the wall. Get some illumination up in between them branches, touch the parts where the @VIVOSUN don't shine.
The other girls are doing great as well. Since putting them together in their own grow box each with their own light hovering above, ones a blurple light at 9w, and the other is a white 9w. It works out pretty nice. I've figured out where exactly to dangle them so they both benefit from the lights while not pulling their leaves towards the better. 💎 Homeostasis has been achieved.

How do you keep your cats outta the plant lol mine are always sneaking into the tent, chomping on a leaf trying to get in between the stalks lol
Oh she has gotten up there once or twice an chewed a leaf or 3.. I had made a cardboard wall that was preventing her from getting into it. She's over the curiosity now so she doesn't bother it anymore. She still rushes the baby box when it's open. Shes getting better about it too. I wonder if they're attracted to the smell.. almost like catnip. Catnip kinda looks like cannabis when it's full grown. Never know 😊

My last cat couldn't care less about weed. She ignored my indoor plants, and used the outdoor plants as cover to hunt mice and watch birds.
My current cat loves to munch on leaves.

Awesome 👍🏼 I started the same way with a small cardboard space in the corner...worked well to get me started.

Great little garden keep up the good work.

Oh and how is Chicago? Im from Chicago and haven't been back in about 6 years.... Last time I visited my old neighborhood was tore down and store fronts replaced it.

Awesome 👍🏼 I started the same way with a small cardboard space in the corner...worked well to get me started.

Great little garden keep up the good work.

Oh and how is Chicago? Im from Chicago and haven't been back in about 6 years.... Last time I visited my old neighborhood was tore down and store fronts replaced it.
Thank you thank you
I'm actually fairly new to Illinois, Mount Olive, been in my house for a year. I'm 100% Texas made--Spicewood/Austin TX.
I hear Chicago is a dangerous place to be. Must mean you have extra tuff skin. 😇😉
Yeah there's a lot of aged buildings everywhere, I do enjoy how you can see the different era's throughout the towns and structures. They definitely need to power wash some these places!!

Thank you thank you
I'm actually fairly new to Illinois, Mount Olive, been in my house for a year. I'm 100% Texas made--Spicewood/Austin TX.
I hear Chicago is a dangerous place to be. Must mean you have extra tuff skin. 😇😉
Yeah there's a lot of aged buildings everywhere, I do enjoy how you can see the different era's throughout the towns and structures. They definitely need to power wash some these places!!
Yea dangerous if you look/act like a punk or doing things your not supposed .... But otherwise it's not to bad.

But yeah a blend of Chicago and Rochester NY(current city) has made my skin tough 😂 people out here gangstas for nooooooo reason.

I wanted to share how my plants react with the weather outside. Usually my girls are perky and lively. Yet when the temperature drops a few degrees and the rain comes in, they all do the droop. It's the same 'claw curl' you witness when a plant is over watered. Environmental claw.
20240227_215928.jpg
20240227_220007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom