Crop Kings Northern Lights Auto Fem

yesterday morning I nuted Jezebel again with 1/2 strength nutes, she's looking better. I mixed up the nutes the afternoon before and PhD the mix at 5.9 and put an aerator in it to keep it mixing. Before I fed her I checked pH again and it was at 7.45 - higher than original tap water (7.4). So I re-phd it to 5.9 and fed, runoff at 6.4. Today I started thinking if the pH didn't hold for 13hrs what is it doing in the soil??? I am assuming the same thing so I called my local supply store (45miles) and asked them the same question. He said that the same thing is more than likely going on in the soil so I asked him about something more stable and he told me
IMG_20160422_124937695.jpg
so I headed down. I also explained about using well water with a high pH and he "set me up" told me to add
IMG_20160422_125020959.jpg
IMG_20160422_125005112.jpg
to stabilize the water first so it would hold the nutes. Then started talking about using Epsom salts and realized why do I want to add more salt to the soil so I bought
IMG_20160422_125033917.jpg
since I've been having issues all along. Then on snids recommendation about p/k deficiency added
IMG_20160422_124951339.jpg
to the mix. She won't be ready to eat again until Sunday or Monday so I'll flush her again and add the new mix to my tiger bloom,big bloom, and bsm mix. Do you think this all makes sense, I know I'm late in the game but better late than never. Right??

No rush Lupey, she's still got a ways to go. Those buds need to get hard and dense. The pistils will almost disappear into the buds. 2 Weeks at least man, if you want to shorten the photoperiod then do half an hour every couple days. For mine I just put them into 48 hours of darkness once the trichomes got to be about 25%, once she came out of the closet she was a little more amber by then. And try to finish on a dry pot... Keep up the good work Lupey and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanx again snid you sure are an inspiration

Day 77- trimmed the remaining damaged foliage. Did some tying to even things out to get more uniform light penetration. She is sure getting sticky and frosty. Fed her with new nute mix - amino and humic to stabilize well water and aid in nute absorbtion in water, 1tsp tiger bloom, 3tsp big bloom, 1tsp bsm, 1/4tsp beastie bloom, calmg, PhD at 5.89 runoff at 6.65. Added 4-42w 2700k cfl's pointing up from the bottom. 428w 2700k and 300w led panel from top. Tent temp 78deg, Rh 38%
IMG_20160423_215208544.jpg
IMG_20160423_211516809.jpg
IMG_20160423_211506208.jpg
IMG_20160423_211457715.jpg
IMG_20160423_211438887.jpg
IMG_20160423_211427667.jpg

Getting closer gonna check trichromes Sunday night

Oops just looking back through my posts and screwed up on my aging today she is at day 70 not 78 no new pics today had to work early. Stopped and got a magnifying glass today to aid in seeing the trichromes, the USB magnifier I bought needs some modifications yet, I'm going to build a holder to connect to my gopro tripod to hold it steady but I just haven't had time yet. I tried the magnifying glass tonight and was grinning ear to ear seeing all the trichromes. You can see the frost without it but with it is cool

I'd say one more week then flush her out and let her dry completely before harvesting her bone dry. This includes your 48 hours dark period too. If you want to you can less the light period over the last week while she's drying out and then put her in perpetual darkness..

Looking much better since the flush, you may have lost 10% of the potential mass but she's going g to finish very strong. Well done brother! :high-five:

Ps edit: check the most inner bud trichomes ass possible, the outer leaves trichs go amber sooner. The pistil colour is not as important as the actual crystals, look for darkened trichomes heads, once they reach about 25% is when I flush for finish.

I'd say one more week then flush her out and let her dry completely before harvesting her bone dry. This includes your 48 hours dark period too. If you want to you can less the light period over the last week while she's drying out and then put her in perpetual darkness..

Looking much better since the flush, you may have lost 10% of the potential mass but she's going g to finish very strong. Well done brother! :high-five:

Ps edit: check the most inner bud trichomes ass possible, the outer leaves trichs go amber sooner. The pistil colour is not as important as the actual crystals, look for darkened trichomes heads, once they reach about 25% is when I flush for finish.

Thanx snid you guys have thought me so much. I'm going to try and build my stand tonight or tomorrow night for my USB magnifier I've played with it before but my hands aren't steady enough with the magnification to keep it focused. Tuesday night I'll be ready to do some serious examination and will post pics

Day 74-thought she would be ready to eat tonight but not quite yet will wait till morning. Color is coming back working its way up her stems. No new dead leaves. Switched my light timer to 16/8 read on here somewhere more darkness at the end increases THC production? Should I start cutting her back 1/2 hr per day till the end now? Pistols are starting to darken.
IMG_20160420_175156357.jpg
IMG_20160420_175213600.jpg
IMG_20160420_175256659.jpg
IMG_20160420_175307547.jpg
IMG_20160420_175631953.jpg
IMG_20160420_175755517.jpg
:thumb::high-five::thanks: thank you thank you thank you guys for the help! It is definitely an honor to be amongst so many fine horticulturists

i see that AR behind the plant lupey....:thumb::Namaste:

Your buds look awesomely frosty, Lupey. Are you getting anxious yet? The end is near...

:roorrip:

Yes I am but on the other hand have 5 others I'm helping a buddy with this summer 3 northern lights and 2 crown royal. I'm gonna miss playing in my basement but got too much going on this summer. I'm gonna do another personal grow after labor day crown royal and another northern lights my cluster fuck of lights seemed to make a difference but it really limits my grow area I might have to buy another tent or a bigger one

Hey snid is this what you meant by inner most trichromes

Im in northern lights auto is a great strain to grow even after topping will reach 5 and a half foot.under 600 hps anyway lol but they do stretch good and yield suprisingly well;) i say if u can afford it add led,s dont have to be expensive;) ur plants will grow and bloom much better;) and beanz great work already throwing out top info and helping a new grower;) top job mate keep it up;)

Added the twighlight group led and she's doing great

Day 71 - got the magnifier set up tonight still a pain in the ass to focus but works. I'm not sure I'm checking the right spot snid suggested but he will let me know
IMG_20160425_174438039_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160425_174252546.jpg
IMG_20160425_173912043_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160425_173851028.jpg
IMG_20160425_173840217.jpg
Oh you must be proud.
Very beautiful I did not know till recently how beautiful these plants are. Has given me a whole new appreciation of this plant.thanks for shareing your beauty. Hate to see them die.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

Oh you must be proud.
Very beautiful I did not know till recently how beautiful these plants are. Has given me a whole new appreciation of this plant.thanks for shareing your beauty. Hate to see them die.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420
Thanx they are a thing of beauty. Was just going through my journal watching the progression and I think it's pretty cool
20160306_132836.JPG
IMG_20160425_173912043_HDR.jpg

From this to this in 60 days

For the trichome check I like to bend my cola So that the second down bud on the cola is freshly exposed. You'll see the stickiness In there compared to the outer crusty leafs. That's where I check my trichs, you can also look on the under side of the top Colas lower down the stem. But check all over to be sure, but I'd disregard the top of the plants buds as an indicator, check the underbelly of the buds. Don't worry Lupey.... You got this!

Edit... Lol now you've got a similar answer on three threads. Glad to help buddy.

Back
Top Bottom