Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc,

A silver lining is starting to appear on my high brix outdoor plants. Strange thing is in my side by side comparisons this does not come up in the adjacent non brix plants. Did a brix foliar yesterday pm and it rained a bit today and they did not have this look yesterday. Any ideas? It does not rub off either. Normal feed and foliar per your schedule and was just wondering why the others would not have the same symptoms if it were fungis/mold related.

29913.JPG

29135.JPG

Doc,

A silver lining is starting to appear on my high brix outdoor plants. Strange thing is in my side by side comparisons this does not come up in the adjacent non brix plants. Did a brix foliar yesterday pm and it rained a bit today and they did not have this look yesterday. Any ideas? It does not rub off either. Normal feed and foliar per your schedule and was just wondering why the others would not have the same symptoms if it were fungis/mold related.

29913.JPG

29135.JPG

Whoa....hold on. One question at a time!

What I"m seeing is the foliar spray residue on the edges of the leaves, after a rain. Are you asking if it's mold, or are you telling me it's mold and the other plants don't have it? Please clarify.

I don't see any mold on the leaves you show above. The others don't have it because you didn't spray them the day before with Brix perhaps?

I hope I got all your questions answered.

Thanks Doc!!!!........sorry my question was a bit unclear was rushed out the door by wifey but wanted to get the question in lol.

I had a strong feeling it was related to the brix foliar the day before. I imagine it should disappear over time.

Thanks again!

Any2

No convincing needed here. Everything looks amazing. I would love a bit of the C99! I grew C99 in the past, but didn't look that good. :thumb:

High Brix makes everything seem new and different! Very few plants grow the same in HB as they do in other methods, which is great....and it sucks at the same time.

Pro's

Better effect, healthier plants

Con's

Unfamiliar taste on familiar strains, plants tend to be taller and "Sativafied."

Basically, almost anything you grow is going to be unique.....you could literally rename a familiar strain by growing High Brix.....it's that different and wonderful.

But I do miss my dank OG taste and smell! I'm working on a solution.

Doc. The last round of pics looks better and better. And thanks for answering some questions on my journal.

How big of a role does the CO2 play in resin production? Most of your strains look..... I dont know..... not real. I mean those are amazing. I know some of it is a good camera, but I know those plants look better in person!

I also wonder if the increased resin is strain dependent, meaning some just do better in HB than others. I think you are onto some amazing strains. It is so cool to see a strain that does really well in HB soil!

Doc. The last round of pics looks better and better. And thanks for answering some questions on my journal.

How big of a role does the CO2 play in resin production? Most of your strains look..... I dont know..... not real. I mean those are amazing. I know some of it is a good camera, but I know those plants look better in person!

I also wonder if the increased resin is strain dependent, meaning some just do better in HB than others. I think you are onto some amazing strains. It is so cool to see a strain that does really well in HB soil!

My camera is a piece of crap and I don't know how to use it. It's on "auto." I point and shoot. I do plan on getting some professional pics done, but I've got some other expenses first.

I don't think the Co2 does much for resin. I think it's due to the environment, and the fact that I run my lights pretty close. The lights on movers are often within 6 inches of the tops. It pushes them to the limit, and they respond with frosting.

When you find something that grows well in your garden, keep it in the rotation. You'll soon find others to add. When something isn't healthy, cull it. If it looks like it's going to suck....cull. Hermie? Cull.

You get the picture. I describe it to people by saying that I want every strain I grow to be someone's favorite strain. Only winners.

I really like that description "...somebodies favorite strain". I am going to log that in the memory banks. I happen to come accross a post today in which a member put up a photo of a nice looking plant with quite a few trichomes on his leaves. He posed the question, "has anyone every seen trichs like this on a fan leaf?". I had to laugh because the first thing that came to my mind was your C99 which is needless to say on another level in comparison. Nothing against him of course! But now that I know what is possible, I see things in a different light. I can not wait to go High Brix and try some stuff that has been washed! BTW thank you for your help with the CBC question Doc.
:thanks:

That C99 looks amazing Doc! Thanks for all your help on my journal. Hope I can grow buds like that someday.

That C99 looks amazing Doc! Thanks for all your help on my journal. Hope I can grow buds like that someday.

You certainly can. Here's the secret:

1. Stable, controllable, reliable, environment
2. High Brix Kit
3. 1000 watts minimum on lighting
4. Allow the plants to grow, don't pack them in too tight

You do that, and you're doing what I'm doing. Very simple, no secrets, no advanced Jedi wisdom....just the basics done right.

I've said it 100 times on this forum at least: The single most important factor in success is your environment. Temps, humidity, lights, water, soil. Get that right and you can use hardware store nutes and grow Grade A bud.

You certainly can. Here's the secret:

1. Stable, controllable, reliable, environment
2. High Brix Kit
3. 1000 watts minimum on lighting
4. Allow the plants to grow, don't pack them in too tight

You do that, and you're doing what I'm doing. Very simple, no secrets, no advanced Jedi wisdom....just the basics done right.

I've said it 100 times on this forum at least: The single most important factor in success is your environment. Temps, humidity, lights, water, soil. Get that right and you can use hardware store nutes and grow Grade A bud.

You dont have jedi wisdom? Guess I gotta quit telling everyone you do.

You dont have jedi wisdom? Guess I gotta quit telling everyone you do.

Teeming with the Living Force, my soil is.... young Padawan.

Plants, being fed by the soil, they are! :Namaste:

Seriously. Get your soil balance and alive and the rest is on autopilot. It's really easy, and those who have checked out my set up always comment on how simple everything is.

I've only got 2 hours a day to grow, harvest, water, clean up, etc. It's got to be simple.

That C99 is pretty bad ass Doc. Have your cookies started coming on really nice after week 8?? It seems to be what mine have done both runs of them, well one plant is. We'll see what the other one does in a week or so.

I tossed the GSC in the garbage.....I would have been embarassed to say I grew it. It's gone.

I don't know what the problem was, but it was very uninspiring to look at and had very little aroma. No bueno. Sayonara.

... pot snobs ...

:cheesygrinsmiley:

(I may do the same thing with my sh*tty Indian Skunk)

I know the embarrassing feeling you speak of doc I am about to do the same with you guessed it Flo.

Yup. A grower has standards....I know your's are quite high, as are mine. ;)

... pot snobs ...

:cheesygrinsmiley:

(I may do the same thing with my sh*tty Indian Skunk)

Some of the people in our collective are horrible snobs, including me! My wife is the worst. Her idea of bad weed is the best Pineapple Express I've ever grown. She didn't like so she thinks it's bad weed.....yup, she's a big time snob.

True story: We were running low on Lemon Paki---I'm 100% out as of now---and she wanted to roll a bunch of joints with it. I said it would be more economical if we used a bong.....and she said, "What kind of grower are you? You can't even supply your wife with some joints?" Now, she said this with a twinkle in her eye, 90% in jest...she's 100% supportive....but she's so snobby she has certain ways she like to smoke certain strains and she doesn't give a damn what the cost!

Many in our collective are like that. It's pretty cool throwing weed around like rice....one of the joys of growing.

Now, where I'm going with this little C99-inspired vignette, is to say that when you become accustomed to tasting, experiencing and critiquing weed, and applying that to your growing, your personal standards go up, and along with it your reputation.

When that happens, if you let grade B out the door it damages something you've worked hard for, namely your reputation. So, I try not to ever harvest substandard weed. If I blow it and harvest crap, I won't let it go. If it tastes good and has a good effect, I might make joints out of it, or oil or hash.....but it won't go out as quality bud.

Hopefully I cull those plants before putting all that effort in. But no one sees my mistakes......

It's pretty cool throwing weed around like rice....one of the joys of growing.

I'm getting there, myself. I'm in the new and novel position of having more than I can consume, and I'm not even slightly interested in distribution, so at some point soon it won't be "wasting pot", it'll be saving pointless effort. It's not like I'm actually gonna smoke it - I have better pot I'll smoke.

Meanwhile, I'm learning.

Back
Top Bottom