DWC - Drip Irrigation Scrog 2400W

if only i had the money to do a dwc setup. but like I've seen you post you have to do whats best for the care taker. Those are beautiful pics. How amazing to see so much growth in tree days.

I've been reading up here for the last couple days, everything is looking smashing! I love the hydro. done a lot of experiments over the last few years with a lot of different mediums and the cleanliness of hydro is a sell for me. Increased growth rate is a bonus! Sry to hear about the spill. I had a bad one not long ago, the float on my electric valve for my RO came apart and it ran for 8 hours straight into a 5 gal bucket. Flooded the whole kitchen, ran down the vents, wrecked the drywall and paint downstairs. It was horrible. Anyway I'm subed

if only i had the money to do a dwc setup. but like I've seen you post you have to do whats best for the care taker. Those are beautiful pics. How amazing to see so much growth in tree days.

DWC doesnt need to be expensive, infact its prob one of the most cost effective ways to grow.

I've been reading up here for the last couple days, everything is looking smashing! I love the hydro. done a lot of experiments over the last few years with a lot of different mediums and the cleanliness of hydro is a sell for me. Increased growth rate is a bonus! Sry to hear about the spill. I had a bad one not long ago, the float on my electric valve for my RO came apart and it ran for 8 hours straight into a 5 gal bucket. Flooded the whole kitchen, ran down the vents, wrecked the drywall and paint downstairs. It was horrible. Anyway I'm subed

Welcome

Yes i like the cleanliness of hydro and also not having to manually water/feed everyday. Accidents and unforeseen events happen in most grows, just have to soldier on and fix it! lol

Ok so on the oxypot front:

I am going to start a 36hour dark period from 12 midnight tonight 10/11/12. I find this dark period initiates flowering faster. So lights, switch to 12/12 monday. Ive just changed each res and placed the following nutes:

10litres water per pot

35ml Dutchpro Grow A+B (soft water)
20ml Advanced nutrient Bud Ignitor
25ml Cannazyme
7ml Guardian

ph 5.6 Dutchpro PH- Grow

The IWS Flood and drain is a couple weeks behind the oxypots. So they will continue to veg for now.

OK now i'm very interested but with no funds it can be. I'm never down long though so I'll keep sitting and as some say stay focused. I believe in the 36 hours of dark before too. I also do at the end after flush. Is that something you do to?

Well thank you for your advice and as we know with the clones patience is not good here. Hell i had sucessfully done clones before in 4in rockwool only to get impatient and split the wool to find the rotts just a day away from finding the bottom. I blame my early chopping on 1 unexperience and 2 my partner drooling because of all the smoke already there. She's perfect forgetting me to where i need to be early though!. Thanks again cultivator and sorry if I'm asking to much not meaning to hijack your journal. Only interested in your knowledge

cultivator this is this the pimpest setup i have seen in a long time amazing m8 i am in the process of doing a flower room and would love to know how your setup works if its able to build yourself or isit better to jump in the deep end and spend a grand on a hydro system like this i have no experience and have only used nutrient film technique for a long time but more and more i want to know how green the grass is on the other side any insight would be great as i have a short few weeks to make a decision on build or buy and the type of system majestic im subbed!!!

cultivator this is this the pimpest setup i have seen in a long time amazing m8 i am in the process of doing a flower room and would love to know how your setup works if its able to build yourself or isit better to jump in the deep end and spend a grand on a hydro system like this i have no experience and have only used nutrient film technique for a long time but more and more i want to know how green the grass is on the other side any insight would be great as i have a short few weeks to make a decision on build or buy and the type of system majestic im subbed!!!

Hi and thanks.

depends what u want to achieve mate. if u have the lights and extraction, the system wont cost u anywhere near a grand. The pots i got going are about £15 english without pumps and u could make them for less, (i just lazy!). DWC is so simple. People make it overly complex. Its a case of keepimg ph right which again is easy if u buy a quality ph meter, keeping it clean and if necessary keeping temps down. Ive grown coco for years and was reluctant to switch as i thought it be a headache. But infact it simpler and cleaner and wish i did it 10 years ago instead of 1 year ago. if u can grow in coco u can grow hydro easilly so long as u dont cut corners. NFT is cool, if u done that successfully u will have no trouble with dwc.

have you got any specs m8 i really love the idea of your setup it looks easy clean low maintinence what more could you want i have no experience and not sure i understand as im just finished curing from about 2 months ago its 11 am and im taste testing trying to work out your system not sure if this is the way i want to do it but eye candy everywhere on this thread what i really want to know is if i had 8 self contained buckets i would need 8 pumps/air and would be a headacke and a half im just trying to get my head around how it works with your res then to individual buckets and then recirculate back to the res for sum reason iv got it in my head that the first in the line would fill right to the top and overflow before goin back to the res i dont know im just having a very blonde moment any advice would be great tho where i come from iv priced up this system in my local hydro store and wat about 200 pounds per 4 pots and that was a joke to me when iv always built my own hydro systems i shouldnt be forever trying to find that perfect system for me and have got it in my head this is the one

eh uve got me confused? just go for oxypots without the pumps. U looking at max £15 per 21litre pot. Then buy a pump that can accomodate them all. 8pots=8 oulet pump. 12pots=12 outlet pump etc. If u want to diy just buy load of buckets with lids, cut a hole and insert net pots. fill with nute then add air stone. simple. A recirculating system is easier for res changes but individual pots best if u can run it. if u have a prob on rdwc all plants get it. takes me hour a week to res change 10 individual pots and i check ph every other day. its good to let them swing between 5.2 and 6.2 but average 5.6-5.8. For me a bad grow will be 50 oz on this grow. Under 2 600w hps i should pull 70 oz easy. But we'll see.

IMO. Nft is best for many smaller plants and dwc for larger ones. In my previous setups vertical space was limited so a short wide nft has been my personal preference

How Many scroggs have you done? i put a metal baby frame bed as my scrogg and with only usnig @ plants it frrls up fast. i fact its full it almost 2ft by 5 or 6. but drom my understanding to keep a level canopy should a add another frame? sorry if this is a dumb question. just seems like after so long the plants will keep going toward the light? I'm stuck and dont know if i showed keep supper cropping the one that want to keep going above the screen? any knowledge would be appreciated. sorry just woke from a napp and i cant spell good let alone half asleep. CULTIVATOR your one of the hand full i look up to.

ya thats what i been doing but seemslike over nite they will be inches above creen ans my 1000w light is at 14 in should i move to 18 in in case i dont catch in time> you guys really do help me out so much and i wish i could rep you guys but dont think im there yet .. THANKS AGAIN FRO YOUR KNOWLEDGE

thanks i just finished dark priod so i moved the lights up
... thanks again

Back
Top Bottom