DWC - Drip Irrigation Scrog 2400W

heres quick update. 6 days after potting roots are coming through nicely. beautiful and white. temps are a little high in res's 70f but i am using extra cannazyme and guardian so roots shouldnt struggle so long as dosnt go over 73f

2012-10-31_09_12_37.jpg

2012-10-31_09_12_43.jpg

Nice on the root growth. I wouldve never thought of the idea of connecting chains to the top for support when changing the res. Thats what the chains are for right? Or am I wrong?

yeah the chain holds the lids while i change res. These are all individual pots, so each pot needs its own nute made up. I have 2 pumps with an air stone in each pot. Its a bit more hassle than rdwc but it means if anything goes wrong only one plant is affected. I expect atleast 60 oz dry off these pots.

Ok so a quick update. I will be potting cuttings into flood and drain system today. I have had it running for a couple days with pebbles in to wash them through. I rinsed pebbles in shower first. Then filled res with water and peroxide to sterilise system. I'll drain it this afternoon and rinse pots as they'll most likely be mucky off the pebbles. Its a bit of a hassle using pebbles as media at first cos if u dont clean them properly they can leave sludge in lines and it plays havok with the ph.

The cuttings will be going straight under 4 600w hps, but only 2 on at a time at first. i like to use cfl's to start them off normally just to get roots going but the cuttings are well established and it would mean having to modify fittings in this space which i dont have time to do.

So heres quick pic update of oxypots 10 days after potting:

The air pots with seedlings will be removed soon, i just struggling for space at the moment. They should be in a propogation tray or have humidity domes over ideally but they'll be fine

2012-11-02_15_30_09.jpg

2012-11-03_17_55_40.jpg

2012-11-02_15_30_40.jpg

2012-11-03_17_55_47.jpg

2012-11-03_17_55_52.jpg

2012-11-03_17_56_16.jpg

I have been topping plants and bending but i forgot to take pics, i'll get some pics of that next time around.

roots go brown wen water temps are too high. or sludge from pebbles or light getting in res, they'll go brown or green. i use nothing to chill res's, i'll add frozen milk cartons if gets too warm. my temps are around 70f which is on the warm side, however using guardian works to prevent root rot and lets u grow in warmer water without problems. u can see it works from pics. i also add cannazyme.

At the moment this is what is in res:

10 litres water
30ml Dutchpro hydro A+B (soft water) E/C 1.5
7ml Guardian
25ml Cannazyme
3ml Root excellurator
Drip Clean 1ml

PH 5.6

Looking really good C.
This is exactly what I'd like to try next, so I'll be watching eagerly..
Just wondering, aren't you worried about crazy stretching using just the 2 hps?

i wont get any crazy stretch mate. I always use hps now. I used to use mh but i cant tell difference now. As long as u use quality hps bulbs. I never have a prob. I'll just end up with multiple resinous heads, and i wont complain about that! lol. Anyway u want a some stretch to get bigger buds a little like this....

2012-10-23_14_55_31.jpg

2012-10-22_14_09_50.jpg

Good to know C.
and that my friend is one hell of a nice bud..
Looks like a baseball bat you'd keep at the front door to smash burglers..

I use Hortilux super HPS bulbs exclusively..
They're a little pricey, but they kick butt..
Picture_241.png

Yeah mate i pay around £25-£30 so around $50 a bulb. u'll be able to use hps in that ballast. U need the red spectrum that the hps brings, obviouslys it would be best to get the whole light spectrum but as far as i under stand the only thing that can do that is the sun. I cant find any pics, ive got so many and going through them all is a pain. im sure u could google it though. U will regret using mh if u flower with it though.

I set up my flood and drain finally today also. I'll let the pics do the talking.

11 day old cuttings

2012-11-06_16_30_59.jpg

2012-11-06_16_48_55.jpg

24 pot iws flood and drain system

2012-11-06_18_28_22.jpg

2012-11-06_18_28_33.jpg

2012-11-06_18_29_07.jpg

2012-11-06_18_28_50.jpg

The room still needs cleaned up. Needs extraction fitted, be using airforce2 12" fan (not sure of cfm), 12" duct and large 12" rhino carbon filter. The mould on walls has been treated, i wont be lining walls with mylar, i cant be arsed to do it. I'll clean up all the spilled pebbles etc tomorro. Its hard running multiple grows, such a time demanding job. People think its easy and it is when u manage a home grow but it can get frustrating and stressfull wen running a large op. i had to quit a good job to do this and i still dont have enough hours in the day. I spend like 10-14hours sorting out grows, go mma training then see my family for an hour, thats if the kids arent in bed. But im passionate about what i do so the show goes on!

Anyhow Nutrient regime for the flood and drain is:

200litres water
650ml Dutchpro grow (hydro, soft water) A+B
400ml B-52
20ml drip clean
120ml Guardian
500ml Cannazyme
60ml root excellurator
Voodoo Juice

ph 5.6 (dutchpro ph- grow nitric acid)

As u can see from the list the additives are mainly geared to root health. I cant stress the importance of this enough! People worry too much about what is happening above the ground, grow large plants but wonder why yield is so low compared to size of plant. Any good plant needs a large as possible and healthy root mass, thats where the nutrients are taken up. Bottom line is great roots equals great buds!

As u can see in pics cuttings vary in size above the surface but i'll be training plants til the smaller ones are in a more equal playing field.

GOOD Update! Killer set up also. Working with hydro 2 separate grows man would be a work out for me. I plan on filling up my space which is just a 4x4 closet in soil. I know that would be work also with keeping things running smoothly. I will be def sticking around if this grow room will also be apart of this journal. I just asked my hydro store guy about Voodoo juice. I was going to pick some up yesterday but he steered me away from doing so. Whats your take on it, since you use it and all? With soil have you seen the results using it?

Back
Top Bottom