First 420 Grow - CFL - Budget - Soil - NL Blue & Midnight Kush!

welcome to the madhouse!!!!! I am still using CFL's on one grow and they do ok... Only advice I have is to have patience and add more bulbs.... that is all I got for now :)

Crash, you're not running a journal on your 13/11 run?

welcome to the madhouse!!!!! I am still using CFL's on one grow and they do ok... Only advice I have is to have patience and add more bulbs.... that is all I got for now :)

:Namaste: Thanks for your advice. I can't at the moment but I will be for flowering. What strains are under your CFL? You got a grow journal for it?

:Rasta: Hi perthpiper, well done on your journal! I am new to:420: and hoping to do a budget grow simular to yours. Good luck, happy growing and happy smoking :goodjob:

:welcome: dude and thanks for stopping by. I'm pretty new to growing as well but if I can give you a hand on your grow just let me know man :peace:

Thanks for the memories, Perth. I got nothing going on now but had some astounding personal results with the simplest of setups. For me, one pinch after 5 or 6 nodes. Mid-veg, I got rid of any branches that were small and appeared they would stay that way, and trained the hell out of the nice cola branches. What node I prune at depends somewhat on the strain; indicas I'd prune early to get 3 or 4 good branches; bigger heartier sativas I'd prune a little later. And train like crazy. Kush strains worked very well. Good luck.

Thanks for the memories, Perth. I got nothing going on now but had some astounding personal results with the simplest of setups. For me, one pinch after 5 or 6 nodes. Mid-veg, I got rid of any branches that were small and appeared they would stay that way, and trained the hell out of the nice cola branches. What node I prune at depends somewhat on the strain; indicas I'd prune early to get 3 or 4 good branches; bigger heartier sativas I'd prune a little later. And train like crazy. Kush strains worked very well. Good luck.

Thanks for dropping in bro. I agree with literally everything you said, especially about not pruning sativas to early. On my first grow my sativa ended up looking like a dead tree lol not one leaf for most of the grow ;)

Flash update

So a quick update for you guys :) All three girls are looking very short and healthy. I will put pics up tomorrow or Sunday. I attempted to FIM them all last night, even the auto :shhh: So we will see how many tops arrive over the next week or so. It was the little bud of the fourth true set that got the clip if you get my meaning. The Midknight kush is just looking beautiful, I can't praise it enough. Perfect wee hash plant :love: The only other thing worth mentioning is that my night temps have been as low as 5-6C or 40F and they seem fine, not that I can do anything anyway lol. Hopefully it will bring out some purple shades. Have a good weekend guys :peace:

yea you shouldn't have done the fimming on the auto gonna slow growth on an auto is not a good thing its why if anything its only lst on autos

but I cant wait on them pics man looking forward to the update
Happy Freeweed day and a Chronic Weekend to you :thumb:

yea you shouldn't have done the fimming on the auto gonna slow growth on an auto is not a good thing its why if anything its only lst on autos

but I cant wait on them pics man looking forward to the update
Happy Freeweed day and a Chronic Weekend to you :thumb:

I know mate but it just didn't seem fair on the other two going through stress and not the auto lol. And funk it rules are made to be broken right? :thumb:

I guess we wouldn't learn new things if we didn't try
although some things have been tried before :rofl:
there can be little things that could make things go either way tho so
I guess so it be like your kids then if one gets ice cream they all do lol
but people don't spank all their kids together just because :rofl:
just a thought

Some snaps on the crappy camera after FIM

Midnight kush
20140117_212431.jpg
20140117_212422.jpg

Northern light blue
20140117_212448.jpg
20140117_212454.jpg

Sugar Mango ryder
20140117_212320.jpg
20140117_212302.jpg

I guess we wouldn't learn new things if we didn't try
although some things have been tried before :rofl:
there can be little things that could make things go either way tho so
I guess so it be like your kids then if one gets ice cream they all do lol
but people don't spank all their kids together just because :rofl:
just a thought

I actually topped a NIRVANA short ryder previously with some pretty nice results. You ever tried it on an auto?

looking good! they're growing strong now. I would let those roots expand in search of water

nope out of the 3 60 dw autos ive grown I haven't topped or anything tried to lst the first one a bit but it was already
kinda big and the stem snapped on me so I taped it up and it healed and finished lol
all the ones ive done was 18/6 till it couldn't fit in the 18/6 area then to 12/12 so it has room
out of the 3 the second one was a disappointment at about 21 grams dried
the first gave me an oz dried and the third was 40 something grams
but 28- 40 ish grams per plant is what they say for that strain
none of mine looked like the pics of the ones they use to sell the seeds tho lol
the ones they used were all soil and were about a foot foot and a half tall
like small Christmas trees

3 weeks today - UPDATE

21 days from first seed emerging :) I attempted to FIM all the plants last week. Which if my understanding is correct failed and resulted in a pinching effect, because all plants now have six new tops each coming through but the tip did not split but repaired itself. I have extra wattage and some pipe cleaners on the way to start LST. I also started 1/4 nutes (baby bio original) on the auto which looks great. The other 2 girls in the 27 litre pot have not been watered in over a week and no nutes. Pics in the next few days :peace:

Back
Top Bottom