First Attempt - Indoor Soil CFL's 3 Strains Clones

Looking real nice there Muggles

I like the 10 bulb CFL setup. You ever add up your watts and lumens?

One 250w HPS gives you about 33,000. You close to that? Not suggesting a change, just curious.

I like the flexibility of CFL's. You can always change configuration to suit your needs.
With a HPS hanging, you pretty much have to conform the plant to the bulb for optimum exposure. Trying to talk my buddy into a scrog or early LST next time.

Good luck in the home stretch.

Looking real nice there Muggles

I like the 10 bulb CFL setup. You ever add up your watts and lumens?

One 250w HPS gives you about 33,000. You close to that? Not suggesting a change, just curious.

I like the flexibility of CFL's. You can always change configuration to suit your needs.
With a HPS hanging, you pretty much have to conform the plant to the bulb for optimum exposure. Trying to talk my buddy into a scrog or early LST next time.

Good luck in the home stretch.

Hey Hound, thanks for stopping by.
With the 14 bulbs, I'm burnin' 322 w. and 22,400 lumen. With the pile of CFL's I've got, I'm set for a while.

Ive read and reread the cfl tutorial. I think because of the versatility of light spectrum you can give the plant I am convinced it is the way to go.imo. Of course I am new and just like things simple so I can understand them.lol

IMO the only downside to cfl's is how close you need to keep them to the plants, so you need lots all over the place or you need to try and keep the canopy low and even. They can definitely grow great buds.

Had to get some groceries and picked up another bottle of molasses. WOW, all molasses are not created equal. Also found the numbers for "Sucanat", and will put them up too.

Picture36.jpg

....................Grandma's.....Brer Rabbit......Sucanat...........
............................per TBSP.................. per tsp......

Calories...........70...............60.................15
Sodium............20mg...........20mg...............0
Potassium........110mg..........180mg.............0
Total Carbs......16g..............16g................4g
Sugars............14g..............13g................4g

.........minimum daily req. % .........

Calcium...........4%...............6%.................0
Magnesium.......2%...............6%.................0
Iron................4%...............8%.................0

I think I'll use up the grandma and get sucanat for the future, use the rabbit on the tomatoes and melons.

FWIW I've read that blackstrap is the least refined, has the most minerals and is the one you want to use. But I've also read good things about sucanet, which looks like it doesn't have much of anything in it. Makes my head hurt.

I see people talking all the time about adding molasses. Why do you add it? When do you add it? What do I look for in the ingredients?

Inda if you go to the Grow Room & search there are several threads on it, and Doc talks about it too in one of his threads. It's function is to feed the microbes in the soil and I guess would fall into the catetgory of a bloom/trich enhancer. You only use it during flower and only if you're in soil. I think of it as a poor man's Snowstorm Ultra.

Inda if you go to the Grow Room & search there are several threads on it, and Doc talks about it too in one of his threads. It's function is to feed the microbes in the soil and I guess would fall into the catetgory of a bloom/trich enhancer. You only use it during flower and only if you're in soil. I think of it as a poor man's Snowstorm Ultra.

Gotcha:thumb:

I see people talking all the time about adding molasses. Why do you add it? When do you add it? What do I look for in the ingredients?

I think the Sucanat would be the best for strictly carb loading if you're using Cal-Mag already. Don't know what those percentages equate to, but it might be too much along with adding C/M, and who needs the added sodium. And the OC+ has pretty much everything needed for the girls.

The dreaded PM has returned to Patty. I don't remember exactly when it was, 3-4 weeks ago when it first appeared, and got treated with Safer brand fungicide. Patty was the only one effected, but they all got the treatment. Possibly that treatment gave Cherry and Mai a little immunity to the problem.

Thanks to Dime and a suggestion by Cateros, I started misting her with distilled,
PH upped to 9.2, cranked up the fans, and gave her a good blow-dry.

Had to remove a couple small branches, and have them in a small jar of water.
Water cure idea from BlueDog and Dime. Sort of a mini practice run.

Hopefully the misting will control the PM for a few more weeks, I really don't want to chop yet.

Sorry about the PM man, that shnizz F'n sucks. Hopefully the spray will get it but I'm sure it will as Cateros didn't earn "plant of the year" by not knowing his stuff . I'd just be sure you coat them good and then turn on the fans. I think my biggest mistake was increasing air flow with the PM sitting on some hidden spots and the fan blowing spores everywhere. I'm rooting for you!

The WC is probably the easiest thing I've done so far :). Just keep it in a warm dark spot (thanks BlueDog) and follow Blues directions. I'd like to see how the WC affects different strains, just sorry it had to be under these circumstances.

Good luck my friend!

just stumbled upon your journal and have to give you major props. you've been a great parent to those girls.

(first post by the way, had to make sure it was worthy. haha)

This has been the grow week from hell around here, sorry to hear about the pm. Almost all the problems seem to stem from the rising temps and rH.

I'd seriously be thinking about removing all unneeded fan leaves, which is pretty much all of them that aren't growing out of the buds. It's not going to hurt you a bit, it opens up the canopy for air flow and it's less surface area for the pm to grow on.

I've heard good results too from spraying with high ph water, good luck bro. I hate to see anything happen to your girls, they're looking so damn good.

Sorry about the PM man, that shnizz F'n sucks. Hopefully the spray will get it but I'm sure it will as Cateros didn't earn "plant of the year" by not knowing his stuff . I'd just be sure you coat them good and then turn on the fans. I think my biggest mistake was increasing air flow with the PM sitting on some hidden spots and the fan blowing spores everywhere. I'm rooting for you!

The WC is probably the easiest thing I've done so far :). Just keep it in a warm dark spot (thanks BlueDog) and follow Blues directions. I'd like to see how the WC affects different strains, just sorry it had to be under these circumstances.

Good luck my friend!

Thanks Bro, first grows are learning experiences, and we're learning a lot. High PH misting and water cure, I'd never heard of such things. Following so close behind your grow has added so much to my knowledge base, its unbelievable.

just stumbled upon your journal and have to give you major props. you've been a great parent to those girls.

(first post by the way, had to make sure it was worthy. haha)

Thanks for stopping in, cmd. And thanks for your first post. Welcome to:420:, one of the best places on the net.

This has been the grow week from hell around here, sorry to hear about the pm. Almost all the problems seem to stem from the rising temps and rH.

I'd seriously be thinking about removing all unneeded fan leaves, which is pretty much all of them that aren't growing out of the buds. It's not going to hurt you a bit, it opens up the canopy for air flow and it's less surface area for the pm to grow on.

I've heard good results too from spraying with high ph water, good luck bro. I hate to see anything happen to your girls, they're looking so damn good.

The last 2 days its been in the 90's out, and its been hell trying to keep the temp down. Even with the tent open and fans blowing in, hit 84 inside, RH 37. Suppose to drop back into the 70's, hopefully tomorrow.

Fortunately its only Patty that's infected, and will continue to mist her every couple days, and keep a close eye on the other two.

Funny that you should mention trimming. This weekend will be 42 day in bloom for Patty, Is it 21 & 42 days from 12/12 or in flower for the major pruning.

A couple days ago I took off a few little budlets off of the inside lowest branch on Cherry. were never going to see much light, but they were real sticky. Let them air dry, and came up with 8 grains. Vaped about half tonight, and got a fairly nice buzz. Actually, a pretty good buzz as its taken 45 minutes to get through this post.
Cherry_buddette.jpg

I'll try the other half in a pipe in the morning.:hookah:

It's days from 12/12 bro. The theory is that taking the leaves shocks the plant so you should only do it twice. I'm not sure I agree with that. I'm going to defoliate when the plant is at the size I want, and then I'll remove leaves as needed. On this grow after the first defoliating I didn't need to do a whole lot after that. And if it puts the plants into any kind of shock they sure get over it quickly! :peace:

It's days from 12/12 bro. The theory is that taking the leaves shocks the plant so you should only do it twice. I'm not sure I agree with that. I'm going to defoliate when the plant is at the size I want, and then I'll remove leaves as needed. On this grow after the first defoliating I didn't need to do a whole lot after that. And if it puts the plants into any kind of shock they sure get over it quickly! :peace:

Thanks Blue. That is perfect, in 2 minute it will be friday and that is 42 days since the switch. Need to get to bed, up early to prep water for all three. then some trimming on at least two, I'm going to be busy.

All three got a mini flush this morning. Then Patty and Cherry met Edward Scissorhands for their day 42 trimming. Found another small branch with the PM on Patty and the good part when into the water jar. Misted her again after the trim.

Finally sat down and smoked the rest of the Cherry test bud. A little rough, but a good sativa type high. If she's this good at only 3 weeks in bloom, she's going to be top shelf by the end.

The pile, about 58 grams.
The_Pile.jpg

Patty.
Papaya-1.jpg
Papaya-2.jpg
Papaya-3.jpg
Papaya-4.jpg

Cherry Baby, lookin' a little naked without her fans.
Cherry_Pez_13.jpg
Cherry_Pez_23.jpg
Cherry_Pez_33.jpg
Cherry_Pez_43.jpg
Cherry_Pez_52.jpg

Mai-Li, don't want to stress her to much, yet.
Pineapple_Thai_13.jpg

And my mini water cure.
Water_Cure.jpg

Back
Top Bottom