First Attempt - Indoor Soil CFL's 3 Strains Clones

Hey Muggles! They all look great but Patty is a superstar wow! Fingers crossed that you've seen the last of the PM. Good luck!

/\ This! /\

Patty's buds are swollen like she's be given steroids! Female buddy-builder :morenutes:

:goodjob:

One thing I did notice while researching today on the WC (BlueDog please chime in on this if you would :)) is whether to leave the lid ON or OFF. Seems as if those who left the lids off or allowed air to escape had darker buds than those who (like me) left the lids on.

As the Chlorophyll gets leached out it evaporates... but with the lid on it, it basically gets left in the water. Now I could be off but this does sound logical... :scratchinghead:

Blue... any thoughts?

/\ This! /\

Patty's buds are swollen like she's be given steroids! Female buddy-builder :morenutes:

One thing I did notice while researching today on the WC (BlueDog please chime in on this if you would :)) is whether to leave the lid ON or OFF. Seems as if those who left the lids off or allowed air to escape had darker buds than those who (like me) left the lids on.

As the Chlorophyll gets leached out it evaporates... but with the lid on it, it basically gets left in the water. Now I could be off but this does sound logical... :scratchinghead:

Blue... any thoughts?

Hey dime your guess is as good as mine, all the threads in my research said to keep the buds underwater with a net or something and keep the jars open. Woodsman was the first I saw keep the lids on.

I took some of those plastic lids on coffee cans, cut them a little bigger than the neck of the jar and drilled a bunch of small holes in them. I needed something fast and that was all that came to mind. That works but something like an aquarium net would work better imo.

Not sure about in your case but for me there were always a lot of bubbles on the surface the first few days, and I assume that's a release of gasses going on.

How long has it been for you now?

Hey dime your guess is as good as mine, all the threads in my research said to keep the buds underwater with a net or something and keep the jars open. Woodsman was the first I saw keep the lids on.

I took some of those plastic lids on coffee cans, cut them a little bigger than the neck of the jar and drilled a bunch of small holes in them. I needed something fast and that was all that came to mind. That works but something like an aquarium net would work better imo.

Not sure about in your case but for me there were always a lot of bubbles on the surface the first few days, and I assume that's a release of gasses going on.

Today is day 6. One thing I am noticing is that when I close the jars I just snug the lids up, not crank them on. When I go to open them, they have a bunch of pressure and are hard to open, the buttons in the lids are firm too. Guess the gasses are still releasing, but maybe not as fast as it could. That would explain the slower color change and the water not being as dark as I thought it would be. I may just sit the lids on tonight and see if there is any changes or maybe rubberband some landscape fabric on top.

Thanks Blue and Good luck Mugs!

/\ This! /\

Blue... any thoughts?

That's all I need, open jars of water sitting around in a dark cupboard or closet. It won't be long before the water will be everywhere but the jar, probably all over me. And isn't excessive moisture in a dark enclosed area the perfect breeding condition for mold and mildew.

My mini water cure is showing cloudy water but no real color change, maybe because I have a lot more water than plant material in the jar.

I misted Patty again this morning with the high PH water. The PM is a tough little bastard, and I'm not sure who's winning this war. She's now 6 weeks in bloom, and hoping to hold the line for another 2-3 weeks.

I have a test bud air-drying and can hardly wait to try it. The trichs are about 50% cloudy with a few amber.

Muggles you can only do what seems right for you. It looks like the WC works well with sealed jars also.

I feel for you bro, especially with such a stunning plant like Patty. Good luck!

The high Ph water misting didn't seem to help, in fact, it almost appeared to increase the growth of the PM. Then last night, laying in bed, Bam, it hit me, water surface tension, The misting water was just beading up and not really wetting the leaves. Solution, a couple drops of liquid soap added to a pint of 9.2 PH water. Testing this on a couple of the affected areas, and so far it's looking good. After blow drying, and spraying again with clean water, the little spores are no longer there, but the trichs are. If this doesn't hurt the test buds by tomorrow, I'll treat the entire plant.

That's all I need, open jars of water sitting around in a dark cupboard or closet. It won't be long before the water will be everywhere but the jar, probably all over me. And isn't excessive moisture in a dark enclosed area the perfect breeding condition for mold and mildew.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy on the home front. I don't think you'll have a problem with mold and mildew as you are changing the water so often. Now if you leave a cup of anything out it usually gets moldy in a few days give or take, but if you have a bud submerged in water I would think that would take a long time to turn bad even if you didn't change the water daily.

Leaving the lid on the jar, I think you will have a slow change in color as evaporation really doesn't get a chance to take place. I left the lids on for ~6 days then off for two... I ended up with some interesting results. Next time around I'm going to do a side by side with one jar the way I just did it, and another jar with the lid off and compare the results.

The high Ph water misting didn't seem to help, in fact, it almost appeared to increase the growth of the PM. Then last night, laying in bed, Bam, it hit me, water surface tension, The misting water was just beading up and not really wetting the leaves. Solution, a couple drops of liquid soap added to a pint of 9.2 PH water. Testing this on a couple of the affected areas, and so far it's looking good. After blow drying, and spraying again with clean water, the little spores are no longer there, but the trichs are. If this doesn't hurt the test buds by tomorrow, I'll treat the entire plant.

Gotta love those moments :thumb:

Sounds great to me! Good luck with your treatment :wood:

Alright muggles!!!! Hey, if it doesn't work (and I know you are pretty far along) SNS 244 fungicide is THE SHIT! I've read pretty much everyone has had great success with it. Like I said, I know you are pretty far along for that, but if it isn't too spread maybe you could contain it with the sns. Just a thought, hope the soap works!!!

Alright muggles!!!! Hey, if it doesn't work (and I know you are pretty far along) SNS 244 fungicide is THE SHIT! I've read pretty much everyone has had great success with it. Like I said, I know you are pretty far along for that, but if it isn't too spread maybe you could contain it with the sns. Just a thought, hope the soap works!!!

This maybe working, this morning, the places I test sprayed yesterday were free of spores. Hit every spot I could see today, dried and misted again with clean water and dried again.

Was surfing websites of local hydro shops and saw a product for PM. Its called P.M. Water, and the info states that it is just water set to the frequency of mold. At $15.00 a quart, this has got to be one of the greatest rip-offs of all time.
Take some distilled or RO, PH it to 9.5 add a little wetting agent (liquid soap) and save $14.97. This store doesn't carry SNS products or too much of anything thing I've heard of. Won't be going there.

Into week 6 for Patty and week 4 for Cherry And Mai. Toked a bit of the test bud from Patty I snipped last week. If the worst were to happen and I had to take her down, the high is pretty good and so is the pain relief. About 60% cloudy and a few amber trichs as of 5 days ago.

Finally did a little trimming on Mai-Li, and have a couple small buds drying.

Patty
Papaya_a1.jpg
Papaya_a2.jpg
Papaya_a3.jpg

Cherry Baby
Cherry_Pez_a1.jpg
Cherry_Pez_a2.jpg
Cherry_Pez_a3.jpg

Mai_Li
Pineapple_Thai_a1.jpg
Pineapple_Thai_a2.jpg
Pineapple_Thai_a3.jpg

Muggles

Plants are looking real nice. Awesome buds for a CFL grow.

I am beginning to think the removal of the big fan leaves is more important to a CFL grow than it is on an HPS grow. Reason being the CFL's don't penetrate as deep, so exposing the buds might be advantageous. Where as the HPS has more penetrating power. My lower buds are very well developed, and I am not convinced stripping the fan leaves is the way to go. Maybe strip them close to the finish, but my plants are way to healthy to experiment with now. If my plants are suffering from anything, it's from overcrowding.

I gave a friend 2 Papaya clones. He has no clue about growing and will go with what ever I tell him. So I am going to tell him to experiment. Strip them off one and leave the other alone. Should be a good comparison since they are clones. Time will tell.

Hey Muggles good call on mixing in the soap, I'd read about it before but completely forgot. I've heard good things about this method and hope it works for you.

The girls look stunning! Patty kinda reminds me of my ak, you'll have her trimmed in about a half hour.

Hope that's the end of the PM and you can rock this one out my friend :thumb:

Muggles

I am beginning to think the removal of the big fan leaves is more important to a CFL grow than it is on an HPS grow. Reason being the CFL's don't penetrate as deep, so exposing the buds might be advantageous. Where as the HPS has more penetrating power. My lower buds are very well developed, and I am not convinced stripping the fan leaves is the way to go. Maybe strip them close to the finish, but my plants are way to healthy to experiment with now. If my plants are suffering from anything, it's from overcrowding.

I gave a friend 2 Papaya clones. He has no clue about growing and will go with what ever I tell him. So I am going to tell him to experiment. Strip them off one and leave the other alone. Should be a good comparison since they are clones. Time will tell.

Hey HH I think that's true too about cfl's and defoliating, they don't have much penetrating power. I hope you get your friend to do that comparison, it would be very interesting. What kind of light does he have?

Hey HH I think that's true too about cfl's and defoliating, they don't have much penetrating power. I hope you get your friend to do that comparison, it would be very interesting. What kind of light does he have?

He is using 400w MH veg and HPS for flower

Girls are getting plump! (girls don't like to be called fat :))

Fantastic buds on those ladies, I hope my girls look a lot like yours... that would be damn near perfect for my setup. Nice and compact yet full of buds!

Great job!:thumb:

Muggles

I think it would be interesting to see a comparison to find out if removing fan leaves would help the lower inside buds increase in size. I've noticed that since I trimmed, those under buds are starting to get bigger, and the frosting on them is actually heavier than on the tops.

A top bud on Cherry.
Top_Bud3.jpg

And low inside buds.
Under_Bud.jpg
Under_Bud_a.jpg

Hey Muggles good call on mixing in the soap, I'd read about it before but completely forgot. I've heard good things about this method and hope it works for you.

The girls look stunning! Patty kinda reminds me of my ak, you'll have her trimmed in about a half hour.

Hope that's the end of the PM and you can rock this one out my friend :thumb:

Got up this morning, and there was no sign of the PM old or new out-breaks. I'll keep a close eye on them and spot treat if necessary.

Will have to do the water cure to lose the residue from the mold and soap treatments. With a little luck, 2-3 more weeks should do it, 45 days in bloom as of today.

Girls are getting plump! (girls don't like to be called fat :))

Fantastic buds on those ladies, I hope my girls look a lot like yours... that would be damn near perfect for my setup. Nice and compact yet full of buds!

Great job!:thumb:

With the pistils changing, the colors on the Patty buds is breath-taking. The pictures don't do justice to the gold color of the mix of red, yellow and green.
Patty_Bud.jpg

Found this at the store this morning. Maybe I'll pull some seeds and grow some granola strain[lol]:rofl:
Cereal.JPG

Breathtaking indeed :thumb:

You have brought them a long way and are doing great Mugs.

Hash Hound, sorry to hear about the bud rot. Sending some good vibes your way.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom