First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Re: first cfl grow using 30watt cfls

Yeah man give it a go on the 12/12 I would like to see one of them from start to finish! Your probably right on 5 seeds cause who knows how many will be females. You should end up with at least 4-5 out of the 10 plants you will have going being females. I would think your yield should be way more then enough to last you till your next grow ends given that nothing goes wrong and you have enough lights in there.

Ohh and I never received a PM but you remember I can't respond to them until I have over 50 posts. :)

Yeah man give it a go on the 12/12 I would like to see one of them from start to finish! Your probably right on 5 seeds cause who knows how many will be females. You should end up with at least 4-5 out of the 10 plants you will have going being females. I would think your yield should be way more then enough to last you till your next grow ends given that nothing goes wrong and you have enough lights in there.

Ohh and I never received a PM but you remember I can't respond to them until I have over 50 posts. :)

My indoor deal is basically 12/12 from seed. I ran 20/4 for exactly one week after they popped, but it's been 12/12 since then. My journal got blown away last week, so if you want I could put a link to some pictures here or in your(teSmp) new journal.

im trying thats all, your more than welcome to post pics here, ill be soaking my seeds tomorrow ill do 5, so you only vegd yours for a week till they had grown slightly, was this one week from when you put them in pots, or one week after the grew out the soil,

i just wanted to try 12-12 from seed but i dont mind a few days under 24-0 just so its growing its next real leaf, i dunno, might just go 12-12 as soon as i put them in the pot then i can see exactly what i can get, im not sure if a few days veg will make much difference as the plants wont start flower cycle till the mature enough so the first few weeks i would of thought would be rapid growth as the plant thinks its at the end of summer and produces more growth as it needs to flower before it dies, this is what i have read anyway and this is also why the gas lanter routine works so well.

when you put the plants to 12-12 you get a massive growth spurt just before it produces flower, the plant does this as it needs to try and pollenate so goes into overdrive to grow and flower, the glr routine tricks the plant into thinking its coming to the end of its yearly cycle and it needs to reproduce before it dies, but by giving the plant an hours worth of light during the 12 hours of darkness this then prevents the plant going into its flower cycle but that plant still gives massive growth due to this

post me some pics, so you vegd for 1 week and then went strait to 12-12, how long did it take from start to finish and do you remember what the dry weight was when it was all done

post me some pics, so you vegd for 1 week and then went strait to 12-12, how long did it take from start to finish and do you remember what the dry weight was when it was all done

I'm still in the middle of it, bro. I'm roughly 1 month from seed right now, I topped my Trainwreck and I've LST'd my Blueberry. The trainwreck is about 16-18 inches tall, while the Blueberry is about 10-12 inches(LST'd). They're both looking pretty good at the moment. The Blueberry seemed to strech less and start the actual flowering process sooner. I'll get some current pics tomorrow, and post some links on here for you.

ye no probs mate, just put the link up to your journal n i can have a read, or post the pics here if you like mate, it dont bother me in the slightest, be good to see the pics, let me know when their up,

ye no probs mate, just put the link up to your journal n i can have a read, or post the pics here if you like mate, it dont bother me in the slightest, be good to see the pics, let me know when their up,

I'll just post some little green links in here. I'm not gonna fool with rebuilding my journal until I transplant my outdoor plants into some 2.5 gal pots.

right a quick update, i never bought the son lamp, instead i bought some 30watt 2700k cfls for the flower room,
as for the plants the upwards growth is not to fast and the plants are looking better now their growing their filling out as well as getting bigger so i wouldnt say its stretch as much but before i raised the lights i was getting no upwards growth and the stem was getting thicker and thicker and lower shoots had caught up with top of the plant, now the plants are all growing upwards and still bushing out so it looks like things will be ok.

my auto seeds is very slow at growing and not sure whats wrong with it, the seed leaves have barely poked out the soil and the first set of real leaves is starting to grow where it should be but the plant is basically level with the soil so im getting very little growth at all, im hoping that now its broke the soil it will pick up but it hasnt as of yet, just hope it grows and dont give up the fight, i wont be to surprised if it does as it looks very week, when it broke the soil it was white, its got some colour to it now so im thinking maybe the roots where not developing as they should do, ill know more tomorrow.

Now can anyone tell me why a 30watt 6500kelvin bulb is half the size of a 30watt 2700 k bulb, i purchased 2 today for the flower room, and i bought 2 different makes and both bulbs are twice the size of the other 30watt 6500k bulbs, their both 30 watt but the warm white colour bulbs are twice the size.

The size for me wasn't that different what was surprising was the price. I paid 10 bucks a set of two for my 6500k sylvania grow lights which was 60 bucks for my 12 lights. and for 12 2700k lights it was half 30 bucks. The only light that makes me think it's a toy is my TCP 68 actual watt light it's huge but haven't used them yet starting on Monday I'm going to start flowering and I'm hoping for the best

i know its shocking, its seems the 6500k bulbs are more expensive, i think its because most people buy the warm white for their house lights and the cool lights are more for work areas and workshops so i think they cash in on it, i mean i can get like a box of 4 20watt cfls for about £3.00 but i had to pay £7.00 for 1 6500k bulb, all the supermarkets sell the 2700k bulbs and you can buy them pretty much anywhere but getting some 6500k bulbs is a lot harder i got mine off the net as i never found a shop that sold them

nice now u got a good set up going now bro! im going to clean out my big shed and clean it all out bomb it so no bug will be there and start on a grow garden in there :)

the only problem with outdoor grows and attic grows is the law, they use thermal imaging cameras on their helicopters and any heat source that stands out they keep an eye on and then come and raid your ass, fukin wankers, the lot of em, they need to go after peado's and murderers and organised crime instead of going after people who grow for their personal use.

i think i got a problem with my auto seed, yesterday the leaves had just broke out the soil, well i checked it just and their is barely any grow at all, the leaves are still at soil level and very small, you can just about see the next leaves starting to grow out the middle, but the first seed leaves are still very small and its not growing a stem and growing out the soil, is this normal with autos are the slow to start, or have i got a dud seed, im thinking if it was my compost then the other seeds would have struggled, but my berry bomb is stretching loads so i dont think its the soil, ive give them all a good spray today, i bought a spray bottle and give the plants a fine mist spray.

also my special kush and big bud are filling out but still not much upwards growth, they have grown a bit but not as much as i would like, maybe the fim slowed it down due to stress, well thats what im hoping anyway, im hoping blue planet nutes is going to be like steroids to me plants and make them grow loads, but till it gets here i gota make do, i havnt used nutes for a few days incase it clashed with the bpn products,

ill see what happens the next few days but i think the auto is not going to last long, hopefully it might pick up but at the moment its a very sorry sight indeed

this is what i have read anyway and this is also why the gas lanter routine works so well.

when you put the plants to 12-12 you get a massive growth spurt just before it produces flower, the plant does this as it needs to try and pollenate so goes into overdrive to grow and flower, the glr routine tricks the plant into thinking its coming to the end of its yearly cycle and it needs to reproduce before it dies, but by giving the plant an hours worth of light during the 12 hours of darkness this then prevents the plant going into its flower cycle but that plant still gives massive growth due to this

Easy Don.p,
What your talking about I think is the diminishing light cycle , which tricks the plant into thinking winter is coming by cutting down the amount of light per week.

The GLR benefits the plants by giving it rest during lights out, but not enough to enduce flower. The hormone that starts the budding cycle is stopped with too much light, so the GLR keeps the plant in a more natural outdoor environment where it would see dark at night.

The GLR is good followed by the diminishng light cycle, apparently. Im only on GLR and to me it works Great!! I'll give my heads up on the full cycle soon to add to the 420 archive lol :peace:

i know its shocking, its seems the 6500k bulbs are more expensive, i think its because most people buy the warm white for their house lights and the cool lights are more for work areas and workshops so i think they cash in on it, i mean i can get like a box of 4 20watt cfls for about £3.00 but i had to pay £7.00 for 1 6500k bulb, all the supermarkets sell the 2700k bulbs and you can buy them pretty much anywhere but getting some 6500k bulbs is a lot harder i got mine off the net as i never found a shop that sold them

O yeh forgot to ask, Don.p are all the CFL's they sell in the shop for your house, like the ones they used to send to your door lol, are them orange house CFL's 2700k?? I thought they where a bit off, I may be wrong thats why i'm asking. Buzzing if they are coz I got loads!! haha got a few big 2700k but if they all over my house, even better ha!!!

I thought you had to get the warm white or the ones that advertise the kelvin heat signiture as 2700k.

But as for 6500k, homebase does stock them bro! Maybe not your, go to a bigger one. They are hard to find and to be honest they just the same price on-line so dont matter, but they are in some shops man.

the ones i got free are the warm white the orangey looking lights the ones you have all around your home, i got shed loads of them but their only good for the flower cycle as their the 2700k rating ones, ive got loads ranging from 8watt upto 20 watt, so ill be hanging them all around the plants during the flower stage, i just purchased 2x 30watt 2700k cfls as the bulbs where huge so will be ideal above the plants, the lower wattage ones ill use around the sides for a bit of side lighting, i wanted the higher wattage above the plants so the side cfls dont draw the main stem towards them, so im hoping my plant will be lit up like xmas tree and should have all round good bud growth.

the ones i have problem getting and have only got off the net is the 6500k cool white cfls, i managed to get a few 30watt 6500k cfls and thats what im using in veg now, could do with a couple more but im doing ok for now, but the 2700k ones ive got more than enough to light a whole room up let alone a small 3ft by 3ft cupboard, so the flower stage should be pretty much sorted with lights now, i just want something more powerfull for the veg cycle, problem is i cant go to advanced cuz i need to keep it looking basic so if the worse does happen then it wont involve production with intent to supply, so im thinking about staying with cfls for now, ill soon no by what happens during the flower stage, but i have got at least 100 2700k cfls, so i wont run out of lights for a good few years, i use all the lower wattage 8 watt to 11 watt 2700k bulbs around the flat as their the standard ones you get free.

their is also a huge price difference between the 2700k and the 6500k bulbs, im not sure why either, i mean surely the only difference is a few more layers of paint in the bulbs, im sure thats how they colour them, they use a certain amount of layers of what ever they use to paint them with.

and i think its strange that cfls come in mainly 2 kelvin ratings, how come their isnt much in between, its as if they had cannabis is mind when they made these things,

how ever i have seen the longer cfls you know the 2 and 4 pin fitting cfls in 4000k range, i have got one at the minute in my flower room to supliment light during flower stage, i was checkin my bed side lights that i dont use and noticed the bulbs where different shape, so i pulled on out as its only a push fit and not bayonet or screw in and looked at the bulb and it was a 26watt 4000k cfl bulb, but instead of it been a short bulb this had 2 long u shaped glass tubed coming out of it, so i dismantled the bed side lamp and removed the balast and bulb holder and hung it in the flower room,

these bulbs are not self ballasted so i couldnt just wire up a light fittin i had to wire the ballast in as well, so i have tried it and it all works, so in the flower room i have got the following

2x 30watt 2700k cfls, its says it gives out 150watts, but that only compares by lumins and not actual power usages.
1x 26 watt 4000k cfl
and as many 20 watt 2700 k cfls as i need, i can hang them around the plants and fill any places that dont have light, so this should mean i dont need to keep the plants trimmed and small as the lights will be hanging all over the place.

ive tried places like, screwfix, toolstation, b&q, and all the hyper markets like asda, not tried homebase though, ill go and have a look when i get chance, but i got mine off the net so ill have to check the prices in home base, could do with some 30 watt 6500k bulbs that are as big as the 30watt 2700k bulbs, so if i could source some of them then i would be very happy indeed,

does anyone know if its worth me having any 2700k bulbs in the veg room, am i gaining anything by having them in my veg room or am i just wasting my time,

Back
Top Bottom