First Grow, 400W MH/HPS, Nirvana NL + Wonder Woman

34 days in and I'm starting to see some orange color in the buds and they stink so good :). They are slowly bulking up and I'm excited to see what they will be like in another two weeks. The heat is getting pretty killer, even in my basement. Temp is 84-86, humidity is in the low 50s. Outside it's been in the 90s and really humid the last 2 weeks. I've been chilling water twice a day now to keep the water around 75 as much as I can. I will definitely never grow in the summer again! Looking forward to a nice cold midwest winter for growing :xmas:

34 days in and I'm starting to see some orange color in the buds and they stink so good :). They are slowly bulking up and I'm excited to see what they will be like in another two weeks. The heat is getting pretty killer, even in my basement. Temp is 84-86, humidity is in the low 50s. Outside it's been in the 90s and really humid the last 2 weeks. I've been chilling water twice a day now to keep the water around 75 as much as I can. I will definitely never grow in the summer again! Looking forward to a nice cold midwest winter for growing :xmas:

:amen:

Something I have been concerned with lately is res temps. They drift up to about 78-80 with the heat lately. Daily I am draining a gallon out of each res and chilling it for an hour or two. This drops temps to 74ish in the tubs and 68 in the 5 gal. I'm nervous that the temps it gets up to is really bad. They seem to be doing OK, no funky smell in the res but I don't know if it is something that will slowly kill them. I use 5 ml/gal of hygrozyme with each res change.

What I'm thinking of doing next res change is making an extra gallon for each res and putting it in the fridge. Then pump out a warm gallon and replace it with a cold one from the fridge. I figure I can do this rotation twice daily. Anyone see any problems with doing that?

Some pics today...37 days flower.

The plant in the middle is northern light, the biggest plant. Also shedding the most leaves.
IMG_06495.JPG

The NL tops, kinda big but not nearly as much flower development as the others
IMG_06483.JPG

Wonder Woman #1
IMG_06531.jpg

Wonder Woman #2
IMG_06474.jpg

And the fattest for last, Blue Mystic #2
IMG_06512.jpg

All Fems. Jack Herer - 2, Cream Caramel - 2, The Kali - 2 , White Widow - 1 and Blue Widow - 1. I call this my leftover seed grow. LOL!

They are all 8-10 week strains and I'll manage the height. I'll light nute all of them in veg and then when I get a feel for what level of nutes they like I'll put the power to the one's that can take it when I get to flower.

Hey MC, you say you've seen plants in flower stay a little yellow at the tops and continue to grow?

My Northern Light is 48 days in flower and still a little green at the top and growing (not fast). She drinks almost a gallon a day, PPM is around 1300 and PH has been pretty good, in the 5.8-6.3 range.

Is there anything I can do to get her to concentrate on flowering?

Back
Top Bottom