First Grow - Bag Seeds - Germinated July 27 2015

Mary - day 77
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

Grow and Bloom nutes mixed yesterday at 1TSP each per gallon, pH adjusted to 6.62 and was fed to her this morning. :morenutes:

She appeared very dry and somewhat tired although color is improving. I think you can see 5 main branches with one hiding a little at left-center rear.

I think all the attention to stretching her branches has actually shocked her slightly. I'll look in on her some today but no training.

IMG_150227.JPG

IMG_150317.JPG

Better believe it. For almost a whole day there I thought they were both junk. Now there is that challenge to make the best of the one left and grow her out and be fascinated by the process.

Just wait until she gets frosty. You'll get soooo excited. :laughtwo:

Mary - day 78
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

In case you haven't noticed, I love this part of my day. Mary is so sweet.

A close up. True eye candy for me.

Overall view. More work to do here but this is truly the beginning of the home stretch. I'll have to study bud development today.

I spend absolutely too much time considering the anatomy of the cannabis plant. I'm hooked folks...I've always enjoyed growing things and have some house plants that have been around since 1974. I gave two ficus trees away this year that were that old.

Anyway, I'm so glad to have photographic evidence of what part of its life it's expressing. I remember the first time I smoked sensimilla. Back then I was just interested in getting high. Not interested in the fact that it was from a female plant that had not been pollinated.

Anyway....got some close shots and I'm going to have to put some legs under the screen as I keep resting my hand on it when taking pictures for stability. More rigging to do. Enjoy and have a great day. Great blue sky here today.

What beautiful shots of the pistil development Jim. See? There is something magical about you, my friend. :battingeyelashes: :love:

The plants take you over before you know it. It surprised me too how intense the draw from them is, unlike any other plant I've grown, and after 61 years, that's saying a lot. It's almost like they take on human personalities and you find yourself looking closer and closer at the anatomy. It gets so hard to pull myself away sometimes. :laughtwo:

Hmmmm....this is like watching paint dry.

Hah! We all know the feeling. I too have to go back and look at pictures to make sure they're still growing. Just wait until the buds start growing and you can see the difference every day! Remember - only a few more months to go, but these are the most fun ones.

This is why I periodically post comparison shots in my own journal. Doing the daily updates you don't notice the changes. When I started I committed to daily updates because I wanted to maintain a tighter visual record than weekly afforded. After a year, I'm beginning to appreciate the benefits of weekly updates. By now I'm as addicted to the posting as I am to the growing.

It's almost ironic, but the only addiction I don't demonstrate with this hobby is the one society seems most concerned with. There are days when I don't even reach for the pipe. Of course, I ingest through edibles, but that's more a baseline........ No it isn't Susan. I guess I'll have to own up that the first brownie of the day is a wonderfully wicked buzz. :laughtwo:

Never mind. :love:

I watch your journal mate and you almost make me want to kit you out with the equipment I use. It's growers like you, sweet sue and other that come to mined but I'm too high to remember their names at this moment that deserve em. Your grow has that TextBook feel about it! I feel like mine is an acid trip sometimes good some times bad!

I watch your journal mate and you almost make me want to kit you out with the equipment I use. It's growers like you, sweet sue and other that come to mined but I'm too high to remember their names at this moment that deserve em. Your grow has that TextBook feel about it! I feel like mine is an acid trip sometimes good some times bad!

That's so funny, I always feel like mine are trying to run away from me - like I'm falling downhill. :laughtwo: I must say though, my first grow, for all the simplicity, had no stress at all involved.

Mary - day 87
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

This girl is going to be a treat. My new words for last week were Stacking On. That's all that Mary has been doing. There are 5 defined colas. She gets full strength grow and bloom roughly every 2 or 3 days as I try to make sure she gets as close as possible to a dry cycle. This week I'll figure out how she reacts to some lower temperatures.

I spent one day last week cleaning up her bottom of dying fans or those otherwise in the way of available light. I am so glad I added light to the lower area. Borderline genius actually.

Anyway, enjoy her beauty.

This is an interesting shot from the bottom viewing up.

And a tight shot. I'm working on my camera skills.

Have a great day folks. I really appreciate all of you who are following here. :circle-of-love::thanks: Updates will probably be only weekly going forward unless something unusual happens.

Yeah, daily updates can be maddening. I thrive on it, but I'm an outlier in the extreme.

The underlighting is an interesting approach. I tend to start thinking it might have been more beneficial if there were popcorn buds under there to benefit, but you look up through from below and think "How can that not make things better?" Right?

Two days ago I found Mary almost starving for fluids near lights off so I gave nutes. She still looks a little dry to me this morning so I'm just going to fix this somehow today. I have an old Sam's Club green bag that I'm going to cut down and resew. Gotta get the sewing machine from the storage building and check my sewing skills today. I also have 2 pairs of pants to hem so.....the timing is good.

As you remember, Mary has been in a 1 gal pot so this will give the roots some room and I hope I can get this done without too much damage. I may have to scrap the screen for the final run. Bag seed appears sativa dominant so I might be just trudging the road to happy destiny.

IMG_171022.JPG
IMG_171517.JPG
IMG_171417.JPG
IMG_171220.JPG

Back
Top Bottom