Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

I'm pulling up a chair in the cheap seats Major!:high-five:

Hey CM....couldn't resist eh....seeing what Major can do with those 75 gal. beauties! outdoors just like you! he's gonna be a "Major Monster" Yeepa , yeepa! Major,...doesn't matter to me about the DBHBB, i aint goin knowwhere my friend....you kidding. Your gonna need help moving that nice new big ladder around your crop....to prune and baby them....:passitleft: try some MLI major....nah , pass it on ...i'l grab the vape.... :volcano-smiley: cheers bud!

Do you have a journal up CM? Going outdoors this year? I'd love to follow.

Hey Major!
I haven't decided yet since I'm having problems securing the piece of property where I grew up which means I may or may not be moving in the near future so as of now it's up in the air. I'm not about to put all the time & effort into prepping my gardens as well as spending my hard earned cash if not being able to finish out the grow season & somewhat has me fuming at the seams not knowing what my future brings. ~Peace~:ganjamon:

Having the "save of winter grows" you will pull PB through. Love me some outdoor grows, still can't wrap my head around the fact, that some can do this openly and legally.
Nice laid out plan, well worth the price of admission, what a show.

Hey major got some monsters for this years outdoor session........looking good......all of it, man that looks like a lot of time in your outdoor setup......you must be retired.....or got that good sativa.......lol, anyway page 2 isn't terrible I'm here......,:rollit:
Welcome Nate!
Yep - retired. Actually, once the soil is prep'd, I find this the easiest grow there is. You can't control the weather, but once the plants are in the big pots, my grow instructions amount to: "Water as needed". Nothing to mix and not much to do except watch for pests, decide how to train and when to chop.

It's OK Major...it's just Nate...he's cleared security...he has priority access...:slide:
:rofl: :thumb:

Nice assortment of strains Major. Looking forward to that GG#4, got one almost a month old from seed.
Cool! I've never grown it before, nor the LH or ZD. Lots of new-to-me strains. Even GASS will be a whole different animal given some veg time.

Van f'n Halen.

I'm late again.
Nah! Just in time.
(still love the drums and video for HfT)

Hey Major!
I haven't decided yet since I'm having problems securing the piece of property where I grew up which means I may or may not be moving in the near future so as of now it's up in the air. I'm not about to put all the time & effort into prepping my gardens as well as spending my hard earned cash if not being able to finish out the grow season & somewhat has me fuming at the seams not knowing what my future brings. ~Peace~:ganjamon:
Bummer - but I understand. Very tough to commit to 6+ months of effort when things are in transition. Best of luck with it and let me know if/when you jump back it.

Having the "save of winter grows" you will pull PB through. Love me some outdoor grows, still can't wrap my head around the fact, that some can do this openly and legally.
Nice laid out plan, well worth the price of admission, what a show.
I can barely wrap my head around it as well - I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.

I think the plan is solid, but I am working w/o a net on this grow. I'm concerned about my soil mix since it is new and completely unproven. My goal is to replace peat with something local, sustainable, and inexpensive. It will likely take several iterations to create a successful mix. This is my first stab at it. Live and learn! Now if the weather would just cooperate. We go from near 90 a week ago to low 50's now = a 40 degree drop in a few days with lots of rain.

Pitbull is turning into an experiment. Since I fried it, I want to see if it can be salvaged. Right now success is not looking likely. I felt I had to flush it to get rid of roughly 12x the amendment I meant to add. In doing so, the pot is completely waterlogged and now with the cool temp's and all the rain, I can't get it to dry out. Hopefully the roots won't rot before it can dry out. Heavy pruning is in it's future.

Thanks for joining me gang!

Try pointing a small fan at the soil, to help it dry out. Have seen it help especially in cloth pots, maybe worth a try.

Ya SWOGA that will help a little for sure....Major , if it was me, and i was that worried of too much moisture , i would grab a drill . put a 3/8th bit in it and start drilling ALOT of holes all around the bottom half of the pot....this will NOT hurt the pot and will have a nice "air pruning" effect on the roots giving them alot of O2 , warding off any bads ...cheers Major .

Did you already put your girls outside Major? I have 1 outside but she is in a Greenhouse, the others will be moving out in a few weeks but with this weather I would prefer to wait.
I am guessing the PitBull will turn around and do just nicely, she is in good hands. My huckleberry in my DWC was fed the wrong nutrients the 1st whole week I put her into the bucket and I thought for sure I was going to kill her when I figured out what I had done, now she is 40" by 43" and drinks over 2 gallons a day.

Hopefully the weather is co-operative for you and all is green in Southern Oregon

Try pointing a small fan at the soil, to help it dry out. Have seen it help especially in cloth pots, maybe worth a try.
Since they are outside they do get a good breeze almost 24/7. However, with the rain I can't put more electrical stuff out there. I was able to shroud the little lights I'm using for GLR, but there is no good way to protect a fan.

Ya SWOGA that will help a little for sure....Major , if it was me, and i was that worried of too much moisture , i would grab a drill . put a 3/8th bit in it and start drilling ALOT of holes all around the bottom half of the pot....this will NOT hurt the pot and will have a nice "air pruning" effect on the roots giving them alot of O2 , warding off any bads ...cheers Major .
Naturally all my usual pots have already been drilled, but PB ended up in a new pot I just added to my collection. I do think I'll try to get some holes in the bottom - at least. I also put some scrap wood loosely across the top of the pot to keep most of the rain out. I plan to raise it off the ground a tiny bit to aid in drainage and air circulation.

Cheers and :thanks:

And when you do, please whisper to her that up north could use some sun shine also :circle-of-love:

Will do! Looks like my whispering is falling on deaf ears, however. Plenty more rain and wind the last few days with frost likely tonight. :(

Back
Top Bottom