Getting Freaky With Mars Hydro And The FC3000

Alls well that ends well I guess.

As for the cause for nanners its anyones guess.

Its just my personal opinion only about herming but here is my thoughts.

I think theres just underlying mechanisms in canna that get switched on occasionally.

When they appear during stress of stretch I think its due to the changeover of reproduction hormones coming online. Like puberty in humans. Plants have been evolving and surviving at least 100s of thousands of years, so I think they prepare for sexual maturity by pushing out an odd pollen sac.

Then when the annual change comes on in late flower, faced with demise, it is the next best time to have a last ditch effort to produce a seed.

From their viewpoint, the propagation of the species, succession of genetic transfer is the goal. I think they make latent their self reproductive ability, in this case a nanner, to maximise the chances of success. Think of the catastrophic conditions they must prepare for to be successful. Drought, fire, flood, snow, low dlh, predation, pests, disease.

And viewed from that standpoint it makes sense. Light stress, droughting, heavy defoliation and pruning late, all  may have an effect on them to decide to turn that on, or more accurately make latent. Because it plays its part as a reproduction asset, both as an individual, and as a part of the collective.

Foremost it wants to produce a crossed offspring, to increase its diversity. But failing that it will self to ensure another chance to be viable, or drift female derived male pollen to its immediate neighbouring kin.

We want femmed sterile grows selected for superior harvests, they play the survival card as the two objectives are wholly differing, at odds with one another as objectives, and nature is on their side.

Some gentic lines are much more susceptible.
Ba-Nanners happen Very often with Any Sinsimilla grown Buds.. It is the species way of a last resort of extending the new chain of life for any cannabis plant. Because it was not pollinated many weeks earlier. It happens often. Especially outdoors growing. If it's an issue, then just break out the Tweasers and pluck em out :rollit: :blunt:

Ba-Nanners happen Very often with Any Sinsimilla grown Buds.. It is the species way of a last resort of extending the new chain of life for any cannabis plant. Because it was not pollinated many weeks earlier. It happens often. Especially outdoors growing. If it's an issue, then just break out the Tweasers and pluck em out :rollit: :blunt:
^ Much more concise. Cheers.

Thanks. I did pluck a few that I could grab onto... For the monkey on my back. 🐒

The Cherry Pie I had grew a single seed both times I grew her but I never spotted a single banana.
The first time, I spotted a seed poking out of her colas prior to trimming.
The next, I pulled a seed out of my grinder while breaking up some buds.
One of the two seemed viable, the other was oddly shaped and underdevelopped.
I might pop the better one someday for nostalgia. She was a great plant...
I've heard durban lines are really finicky. Got lucky she wasn't a full on hermie.
Zephyrs knows what I mean. 😢

Here ya go @Regrowth as per your request here's the 8 pack out back! I'll start off with the Bangi Haze. She is Definitely a Sativa girl. The 3 smaller ones are a bit younger. The Bigger Bangi was a tri leafer triploid plant. I did some trimming up inside her middle a good amount for airflow. And the last 2 pics are of my Bubblegum clone!!

Part 1/2
20220917_131841.jpg
20220917_131912.jpg
20220917_131950.jpg
20220917_132123.jpg

20220917_132135.jpg
20220917_132148.jpg

And then there's the GDP's!

Part 2/2
20220917_132213.jpg
20220917_132256.jpg
20220917_132304.jpg
20220917_132345.jpg

20220917_132335.jpg

They're stacking wonderfully and loving life. :thumb:
The GDP are gonna be fat. I hope the bangis finish in time for you.
Spot on. Thanks for the update, Z.

They're stacking wonderfully and loving life. :thumb:
The GDP are gonna be fat. I hope the bangis finish in time for you.
Spot on. Thanks for the update, Z.
Thanks Buddy :thanks:!! Yea the GDP are on track to finish Mid October. The Bangi Haze will Have to be finished indoor in November. As they just starting flower. UUuhhgg, on the Bangi's. I Really ain't A Sativa Strain, kinda guy..... I like my Indicas. Whatta a grower to do though.?

I trimmed and hung the Original Skunk x Freakshow yesterday morning.
The terpenes were sweet, the buds were a nice purple hue and greasy A.F.
I found at least a handful of fan leaves with the leaf bud mutation.
Although she's wasn't a big yielder and came with the bananas, she was still a pleasure to grow.
I'm usually wrong, but if I had to guess I'd say she's only about 3oz total.
Whatever it ends up being, it's acceptable for the size she was but still a little less than what the others will yield.
There's wasn't a ton of larf on her. It was all so caked with trichomes that I wouldn't of cared if there was.
It was nice trimming a plant that didn't take ages for once. Smaller plants FTW.
I'll probably get some pictures up later if not when she gets jarred. Hope you're all doing well.

Absolutely beautiful :yahoo:
Hope your doing well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Much @Bill284 :)!! I have been blessed with non stop 72-78 F and 35-45 RH and temps during the day and 58-62 at night with these outdoor ladies!! With the same conditions for the foreseeable forecast. I'm sure that's contributes to the happy growth of the ladies!!

I hope your day is treating you well, also @Bill284!!

I trimmed and hung the Original Skunk x Freakshow yesterday morning.
The terpenes were sweet, the buds were a nice purple hue and greasy A.F.
I found at least a handful of fan leaves with the leaf bud mutation.
Although she's wasn't a big yielder and came with the bananas, she was still a pleasure to grow.
I'm usually wrong, but if I had to guess I'd say she's only about 3oz total.
Whatever it ends up being, it's acceptable for the size she was but still a little less than what the others will yield.
There's wasn't a ton of larf on her. It was all so caked with trichomes that I wouldn't of cared if there was.
It was nice trimming a plant that didn't take ages for once. Smaller plants FTW.
I'll probably get some pictures up later if not when she gets jarred. Hope you're all doing well.
Sounds yummy there @Regrowth! Can't wait to see some greasy, oily trimmed up Skunk x Freakshow Nuggs!!

Had the flash on unfortunately. The lighting isn't great in there.

20220920_170021.jpg

20220920_170040.jpg
20220920_170044.jpg
20220920_170053.jpg

This is what the larf looks like. Gonna sample her as soon as it's dry enough.

20220920_164804.jpg
20220920_164843.jpg

Here's the bubble hash I made the other day with some Zkittlez trim. ~ 11.5g dry

20220918_052039.jpg
20220919_175912.jpg

Had the flash on unfortunately. The lighting isn't great in there.

20220920_170021.jpg

20220920_170040.jpg
20220920_170044.jpg
20220920_170053.jpg

This is what the larf looks like. Gonna sample her as soon as it's dry enough.

20220920_164804.jpg
20220920_164843.jpg

Here's the bubble hash I made the other day with some Zkittlez trim. ~ 11.5g dry

20220918_052039.jpg
20220919_175912.jpg
Oh just stop already, LOL You're making me Drool :drool:Them Buds are Freaking covered in trichs!! The Bubble Hash looks sooo good!! Well done Buddy!

I made some more bubble hash with the trim from the Original Skunk x Freakshow.
Some other fresh frozen trim from previous grows got mixed in with it as well.
The drill bit I had for stirring doesn't agitate enough, so I'm stirring by hand. 🦾
I'm getting the hang of it but it's not the most enjoyable process.
Anyway, this was three passes and a final pour through the bags.

20220921_135148.jpg

I made some more bubble hash with the trim from the Original Skunk x Freakshow.
Some other fresh frozen trim from previous grows got mixed in with it as well.
The drill bit I had for stirring doesn't agitate enough, so I'm stirring by hand. 🦾
I'm getting the hang of it but it's not the most enjoyable process.
Anyway, this was three passes and a final pour through the bags.

20220921_135148.jpg
Nice haul Regrowth. :thumb:
I might wait till winter and do it outside.
I read it was less work.
If you don't mind minus 20 c.:rofl:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Bill, dry sifting looks like the way to go if you plan on keeping your sanity. 😄
I have a bunch of buds that I want to get rid of but I think they'll be going to oil or edibles instead of bubble hash.
Expect some gummies or something in the next few days. Cheers guys. :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom