Personal Organic Grow with Mars Hydro

Well now that I found it, I am here mate :)

I'm happy that you made it mate, welcome aboard. This journal will be a little different in that it will be only about the plants and organics, I'll be keeping equipment, ph measurements, ppm's, brix readings etc out of it as much as possible to keep it as simple as possible.

Subbed, I'm growing a Bulk as well she's kind of organic haha, and with MarsHydro's too, but great grow so far, how you liking the Mars LED's?

Hey BpoBrad welcome aboard. The Incredible Bulk does seem to be a fairly hardy strain and seems to take my unintentional punishments in their stride. As for the lights I have mixed feelings, love the Mars II, loathe the Reflectors and am happy so far with the new 'old type' 60x5's. I have no other LED brands to test them against but vs HPS I prefer them.

I totally feel you on it taking the abuse and hardy, mines is about 22 days from seed and it just takes ever thing I throw its way. I have the MarsII 700w and I love it but I also use it with a 150 HPS and they kick ass together, I'll probably throw another 150 in there when flower time comes. Happy I didn't go with the reflectors though, keep growing brother.:thumb:

Taking a seat on this one Kriaze :thumb:

Need some more knowledge to be stuck in my stoners head :Namaste:

I can't say I'll be a wealth of knowledge Stanovich I'm winging it myself ;)

I totally feel you on it taking the abuse and hardy, mines is about 22 days from seed and it just takes ever thing I throw its way. I have the MarsII 700w and I love it but I also use it with a 150 HPS and they kick ass together, I'll probably throw another 150 in there when flower time comes. Happy I didn't go with the reflectors though, keep growing brother.:thumb:

Thanks pal. I think if any strain can make the best of what it's going to go through here this is the one I'd pick for hardiness. I like the sounds of LED and HPS mixed, I'll pop over into your journal later if you don't mind

Hello everyone, time for a short update on the organic part of my grow, which (touch wood) sofar seems to be doing much better than my chemical grows, although that is not a very hard thing to achieve :)

The two Dark Devil Auto's are doing well, and the one planted directly into Canna Terra Pro is still outpacing the one planted in bog standard soil. I realise now after doing some reading that I should have planted Auto's into their final pots, it's too late for that though now. I will be especially gentle when I transplant them at a later date, maybe in a week or two.
I also moved them closer to the light as they were showing some stretch, at first they didn't like it and were shying away from it, maybe they were a touch too close for comfort, but when I looked in on them today they were standing straight an shooting towards the light, they got over it easily enough.

Here is the one that was planted into bog standard soil:

IMGP2355151112.jpg

Here is the one that was planted directly into CTP:

IMGP2381151112.jpg

The difference in growth pace is even more apparent today, I'll wait until I post more pictures though as I would like to really be able to see the difference.

Now, BOOM! I planted the Incredible Bulk 3 into my own soil mix. It's been in there overnight and looks pretty healthy, now it's just a case of hoping that the amendments that I've added will be enough for a whole grow, and that it doesn't cause any issues for the plants. Only time will tell with this, but I'm hopeful as I did as much research as possible and then improvised with the items that I couldn't get, or that I would have to order from the US and pay extortionate amounts of shipping for. If it works, I'm going to bag this up and sell it myself to all the Brits that want to go organic and know as much about organics as I did :rofl: Well we can all dream can't we? :)

Here is the Incredible Bulk 3 looking happy in her new home:

IMGP2379151112.jpg

I also added some Diatemaceous Earth to the mix to act as both a silica for the plants and as protection against larvae and any other pests that might want into the soil. I also added Mycorrhizal fungi to help with root development. Other than that if there are any deficiences I have worm castings and Bat Guano which could be applied as a topdress or tea, Black Treacle and Epsom Salts for the CalMag (Black Treacle is a 4:1 ratio of Calcium to Magnesium and I hear this can cause lockouts, so the Epsom salts added should balance out that ratio), and if the worst comes to the worst I have Plant Magic Grow and Bloom, along with BioBizz FishMix and Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree (absolutely amazing stuff, no I'm not a rep just a regular user of it on all plants). All these are organic so I won't be deviating from my original intentions, but I really would like to crack the enigma code of having a fully organic soil that will work for a plant from start to finish with water alone. I will do it, Oh yes one day I will do it MUHAHAHA! Sorry about the maniacal laughter, I get giddy just thinking about the possibilities though :)

I hope everybody is well and that your gardens are blooming. Peace to you all :thumb:

Not too much to report on the organic front today. The Dark Devil Auto's were repotted into their final pots, apparently I should have planted them directly in them but I made a mistake and didn't think about the transplant shock. Hopefully they will be fine though. Also I had a recommendation to transplant the LSD from the standard soil and replant it in Canna Terra Pro to see if that gave it any more of a chance at life. I did that but if it works I'll be surprised, and overjoyed too but it's roots were weak for it's age so we'll just have to see what happens.

Here is the LSD in some pictures that I took while transplanting:

IMGP2452151114rs.jpg
IMGP2453151114rs.jpg
IMGP2454151114rs.jpg
IMGP2455151114.jpg
IMGP2457151114rs.jpg

We can only try I suppose. Instead of putting it back into the flowering tent I transferred it back into the veg tent and moved my Incredible Bulk 1 into the flowering tent. It's much earlier than I wanted as I wanted to make this into one big bush blazing away under the Mars II 1600 with the Reflectors at either side hitting the lower buds, I can do that with Incredible Bulk 3 though which is coming along nicely in the veg tent.

Here are some pictures of the two Dark Devil Auto's that I transplanted:

IMGP2564151114rs.jpg
IMGP2558151114rs.jpg

To me the difference is noticeable between the one planted directly into Canna Terra Pro (the top one) and the one that was planted in standard soil.

Anyway as it stands now the Flower tent has plants that are all grown in standard soil and given chemical nutrients and my Veg tent now has 4 of 5 plants that are all being grown organically, to me that is a step in the right direction. I would move the White Widow over to the flower tent but apart from there being lack of room in there she isn't really big enough for that yet.

I also decided to mix my next batch of soil, this time using Plant Magic Plus as the base soil whilst adding a little Dolomite Lime, Bonemeal, Fish Blood and Bone, Bat Guano, Worm Castings, Mycorrhizal Fungi, Diatemaceous Earth and some Volcanic Dust. It will sit in it's pot for quite awhile now until I have room to pot up another plant.

IMGP2568151114rs.jpg

Talking of room when I started out I thought I would be happy with one small tent and a 300w CFL. Oh the plans of mice and men :)
Here is a little walk around my grow room, please ignore the lack of cleanliness it's been a hard couple of weeks here, but now I have made some space by giving my old lighting setup away (CFL and HPS) and clearing some bags of soil I'll be able to crack on and fix it up.

IMGP2526151114rs.jpg
IMGP2539151114.jpg
IMGP2530151114rs.jpg
IMGP2535151114rs.jpg

Yep, gets a little addictive I think :rofl: Still it keeps me busy at times when I would be sat brooding or binge drinking and of course there is the rewards of my medicine, when the plants quit keep dying on me.

Here are the tents as they are inside now that I've had a rearrangement:

Veg tent:

IMGP2546151114rs.jpg

Flower tent:

IMGP2506151114rs.jpg

Now if I could only squeeze another tent in there....

That's all for my organic update tonight, I know that I digressed a little but I hope that you enjoyed my little update. All the best everyone and may your gardens of green produce bountiful buds.

I loved the little update.
I don't grow autos so can't speak for their delicate sensitive constitutions, but in my world I've never observed such a thing as transplant shock. I think unless you're really really rough, you won't see a problem. I also see no reason for the LSD to not thrive. It's got roots and a bit of fairly healthy growth. Unless it's got some inborn problem, put into decent soil conditions it will thrive. Excuse all the fervent italics...

I loved the little update.
I don't grow autos so can't speak for their delicate sensitive constitutions, but in my world I've never observed such a thing as transplant shock. I think unless you're really really rough, you won't see a problem. I also see no reason for the LSD to not thrive. It's got roots and a bit of fairly healthy growth. Unless it's got some inborn problem, put into decent soil conditions it will thrive. Excuse all the fervent italics...

Thanks Weaselcracker I only just saw this, I should remember to refresh my webpage now and again when I'm smoking lol. Only time will tell with the auto's as for the LSD I think that it's not costing anything to try it at least. If you think it's a goer then I'm happy I tried :)

Nice room :thumb:
Wish i would have that much space :)

Stanovich, I started with a 60cmx60cmx90cm tent mate, it's surprising how just adding this and adding that can really add up to making more space :)

Best of days and buds to you my friend. Loving the look at your whole setup! This hobby certainly draws you in lol.

Hey LA thanks for dropping by with your well wishes. Thanks, the setup has taken some time to get to where it is and there's still quite a way to go yet. Indeed it is a hobby that draws people in :)

Stanovich, I started with a 60cmx60cmx90cm tent mate, it's surprising how just adding this and adding that can really add up to making more space :)

I heard it somewhere... Start with small tent ,and end with 2-3kwh rooms :thumb:
I will convert half of my storage room;)[/QUOTE]

Hey Stanovich thank you too for dropping in. I started with a 300w CFL and 600w HPS which I have just recently given to a friend so that he can get his grow on. That leaves me with 3100kw's of light power, but around 2200-2300w of wall power. My electricity bill has gone up, but my MJ bill has dropped totally lol. I prefer it this way even with the trials and tribulations as a newer grower, I love it ;)

It has also been an interesting night in my tents tonight. I've been searching around on the internet for information regarding deficiencies and plant problems and I think I may have stumbled across something :)

Plenty of pictures have been uploaded but after 3 hours of taking them then cropping, resizing etc I'm whacked out. Will go to sleep for a few hours then update fully later.

I hope everyone is well and may your buds be bountiful. All the best :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom