Getting Freaky With Mars Hydro And The FC3000

Day 70 (2/2)

Original Skunk x Freakshow (Phenotype #1 | Back Right)

20220915_185849.jpg

Even though I think she's ready, I'm seeking a second opinion.
There are still a few fresh pistils and I can't spot many ambers.

20220915_185044.jpg
20220915_184443.jpg
20220915_185033.jpg
20220915_184727.jpg
20220915_184714.jpg
20220915_184903.jpg

Thanks for the JOTM nom, @Trala. :love:
I know it was you because I feel emasculated somehow. LOL

Most of that is pure beauty but post pics of the inside of that one so we can all feel better about our grows!

Sure. If it'll make you guys feel better about your grows... The last picture is one of the buds I saved.

20220911_132706.jpg

20220911_132550.jpg
20220911_144349.jpg

Any thoughts on the harvest window, Shed?

And did you spot that weird leaf in this photo. (Center of the cola on the righthand side.)
Looks a bit like a petiole but it's not one. Guess I'll have a look when the lights come on.
20220915_185033-jpg.2581688

RG I’m sure I’m not the only person who thinks you sit down to pee bruv.

L O L L I N G !

But as far as your nomination for JoTM, I think you have a great journal. I really do. You are a deserving nominee.

Good luck 🤍

Any thoughts on harvest window, Shed?

And did you spot that weird leaf in this photo. (Center of the cola on the righthand side.)
Looks a bit like a petiole but it's not one. Guess I'll have a look when the lights come on.
Looks like another week to me….

Just jokes babe, I wouldn’t have a fucking clue!

Lollingggg!

RG I’m sure I’m not the only person who thinks you sit down to pee bruv.

L O L L I N G !

But as far as your nomination for JoTM, I think you have a great journal. I really do. You are a deserving nominee.

Good luck 🤍

My reaction emoji is teetering between sad face, laughing and thanks. You choose. :laughtwo:

White pistils are almost gone, she looks pretty close.
She squirt out a couple foxtails?
Can't tell which leaf your pointing out.
Hope your well my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

White pistils are almost gone, she looks pretty close.
She squirt out a couple foxtails?
Can't tell which leaf your pointing out.
Hope your well my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Hey Bill. I think she did foxtail a bit but she also had quite a few white pistils just a week ago.
If she needs more time that's fine. I'm just not used to growing plants with so much sativa dominance.
I don't spot many ambers yet but my camera isn't the best indicator.
I think the picture with the flash on shows the trichomes best.
The tent has to come down in a few weeks (~ 2-3), so hopefully the MAC1s are finished by then as well.

This is the leaf that stood out to me.
Just seemed like an odd shape and color.
I've been smoking a bit though.
Probably nothing to worry about.

1663316963266.png

Was fn cold the other night.
Hope you and the ladies are doing well.

Generally the guide I use it to not interfere if I have nothing useful to say.

But Im looking at your pics and have a cpl questions.

That weird leaf isnt a dead one? Its so hard with static pictures, can jump at shadows a bit, but it looks a bit like the start of how they turn in budrot aka botrytis.

Given you already had trouble its a possibility.

Also what are the highlights on the pic you put up for trichs? Probably just a flash enhancement of nothing of concern, but it almost looked like a nanner or two.

Top left. And centre of SS.

Screenshot_20220916-191639_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you have no budrot, and no nanners, my apologies for bringing them up, like I say static pics can throw up anomalies that  look like things, but arent.

Generally the guide I use it to not interfere if I have nothing useful to say.

But Im looking at your pics and have a cpl questions.

That weird leaf isnt a dead one? Its so hard with static pictures, can jump at shadows a bit, but it looks a bit like the start of how they turn in budrot aka botrytis.

Given you already had trouble its a possibility.

Also what are the highlights on the pic you put up for trichs? Probably just a flash enhancement of nothing of concern, but it almost looked like a nanner or two.

Top left. And centre of SS.

Screenshot_20220916-191639_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you have no budrot, and no nanners, my apologies for bringing them up, like I say static pics can throw up anomalies that  look like things, but arent.

I appreciate the concerns, DV. You're only strengthening my suspicions.
I thought I might've spotted a nanner in one of the trichome shots that I didn't upload but it was hard to tell.

Hm... 🤞

I'll check first thing in the morning.
If I spot either then I'll probably chop her now but if not I'll wait until you guys think it's right to.

20220915_184833.jpg

Hey Bill. I think she did foxtail a bit but she also had quite a few white pistils just a week ago.
If she needs more time that's fine. I'm just not used to growing plants with so much sativa dominance.
I don't spot many ambers yet but my camera isn't the best indicator.
I think the picture with the flash on shows the trichomes best.
The tent has to come down in a few weeks (~ 2-3), so hopefully the MAC1s are finished by then as well.

This is the leaf that stood out to me.
Just seemed like an odd shape and color.
I've been smoking a bit though.
Probably nothing to worry about.

1663316963266.png

Was fn cold the other night.
Hope you and the ladies are doing well.
That bud pic is freeken amazing, what a frost.
The leaf in the 2nd pic is nothing to worry about. :Namaste:
You will have lots of time before the tent comes down.
How is the nutrient uptake.
At the end they stop eating.
If they still empty the pots then they have time.
If they are not eating anymore then that's the end, timber.
Take care.

Stay safe

That bud pic is freeken amazing, what a frost.
The leaf in the 2nd pic is nothing to worry about. :Namaste:
You will have lots of time before the tent comes down.
How is the nutrient uptake.
At the end they stop eating.
If they still empty the pots then they have time.
If they are not eating anymore then that's the end, timber.
Take care.

Stay safe
Thanks, Bill. She has slowed down quite a bit.
I droughted her for 4 days or so this week then watered her very lightly today.
Not really as a resin boosting technique, I just thought I was going to chop her but kept putting it off.
Lights aren't on for another few hours, if everything's fine maybe I'll leave her go until the end of the weekend?

Looks stunning!
I appreciate it, @LizardMate. Welcome to the party. 🥳🎉

Without a loupe/scope and knowing your appetite for amber it's a tough call, though I'm not seeing anything sativa-like about those flowers.

My suggestion is to grab a small tester bud from lower on a branch, flash dry it and see if you think it's ready!
If that leaf is dead from the middle out it's definitely a place to check for more rot.

And those look like nanners (well spotted @DV8!) but as late as you are in flower they're not cause for concern.

I took the time to stake the drooping colas while I was in the tent.
The freakier MAC1 phenotype is the better of the two IMO.
She has more trichomes and she's terpier for sure. My fingers smell great.👃☝️

@DV8

❎ 🍄 No fungus

The bud with that questionable leaf was so tight I couldn't even pull it apart to look inside.
Although it wasn't the best examination, I didn't spot any mold either.

✅ 🍌 Yes bannanas

They're so small and almost the same color as the new pistils. It was hard to tell.
I'm still leaning towards an end of the weekend harvest. Company on the way...
Hopefully she's fine until then; I'm worried about her pollinating the MAC1s more than anything else.
I wonder what stressed her out? The drought? Good spot for sure. Thanks for looking out.

Those are some fine frosty Nuggz my friend!! I wouldn't worry about nanners this late in the game. Hopefully ya only lost 1 cola to rot and No others!! Well Done!!

Thanks, @Zephyrs, how are you and your ladies doing? They must be fattening up... Share some pictures.

I took the time to stake the drooping colas while I was in the tent.
The freakier MAC1 phenotype is the better of the two IMO.
She has more trichomes and she's terpier for sure. My fingers smell great.👃☝️

@DV8

❎ 🍄 No fungus

The bud with that questionable leaf was so tight I couldn't even pull it apart to look inside.
Although it wasn't the best examination, I didn't spot any mold either.

✅ 🍌 Yes bannanas

They're so small and almost the same color as the new pistils. It was hard to tell.
I'm still leaning towards an end of the weekend harvest. Company on the way...
Hopefully she's fine until then; I'm worried about her pollinating the MAC1s more than anything else.
I wonder what stressed her out? The drought? Good spot for sure. Thanks for looking out.

Thanks, @Zephyrs, how are you and your ladies doing? They must be fattening up... Share some pictures.
The Ladies are doing well! :D The Bangi Haze finally got there white fuzzy hats in the last couple days. They are going well into November from the looks of it:confused:. The GDP's and Bubblegum are looking like they about 4-5 weeks in flower now, and on train tracks Still LOL! I'll post up some pics here tomorrow prob. ;)

Alls well that ends well I guess.

As for the cause for nanners its anyones guess.

Its just my personal opinion only about herming but here is my thoughts.

I think theres just underlying mechanisms in canna that get switched on occasionally.

When they appear during stress of stretch I think its due to the changeover of reproduction hormones coming online. Like puberty in humans. Plants have been evolving and surviving at least 100s of thousands of years, so I think they prepare for sexual maturity by pushing out an odd pollen sac.

Then when the annual change comes on in late flower, faced with demise, it is the next best time to have a last ditch effort to produce a seed.

From their viewpoint, the propagation of the species, succession of genetic transfer is the goal. I think they make latent their self reproductive ability, in this case a nanner, to maximise the chances of success. Think of the catastrophic conditions they must prepare for to be successful. Drought, fire, flood, snow, low dlh, predation, pests, disease.

And viewed from that standpoint it makes sense. Light stress, droughting, heavy defoliation and pruning late, all  may have an effect on them to decide to turn that on, or more accurately make latent. Because it plays its part as a reproduction asset, both as an individual, and as a part of the collective.

Foremost it wants to produce a crossed offspring, to increase its diversity. But failing that it will self to ensure another chance to be viable, or drift female derived male pollen to its immediate neighbouring kin.

We want femmed sterile grows selected for superior harvests, they play the survival card as the two objectives are wholly differing, at odds with one another as objectives, and nature is on their side.

Some gentic lines are much more susceptible.

Back
Top Bottom