GiGaBaNE's 3rd & Final Journal - At Least Until I Change Country

Shit GIG, Thats abit of research mate??
If you think about how many seeds you will need, to test sprouting each at .5 increments - Me thinks it be a big job!!
But if youre able to get some fairly certain results, Thats AWSUM - but i think there maybe only a couple of things that may determine its sex, Similar to us with X + Y chromosomes.. Maybe simple as just temp + moisture at a certain point?
What you were saying with lighting is a great thing just to see if there is ANY difference in what you need to raise a seedling. I constantly use a Hi-Output CFL, and it always raises seedlings up well. They like the Cfl lighting it seems?? And Ive seen a few great results from vegging with Cfl s as you probably have too..
But when it comes to flower - Id only go a HPS, doesnt need to be over 400w - pending on size of grow - As Ive only seen good plants using Cfl s during veg. Some Ive seen that use them for flower too, most often, the plant is small and youre only pulling an Oz p/plant..
Sure some may grow only to achieve this p/plant - but im greedy I think?? I like me 8+oz p/plant.. It will be very intriguing tho if you get some results just by changing PH or maybe even growing medium? But personally, I only like to use a great organic soil, such as a mix of the Humus i use with pot mix. I KNOW PLANTS GROW IN SOIL!!! ME SMART VERY MUCH:)
Well now youve got me thinking mate!! Im looking forward to hearing what you come up with bro!! Take care GIG, be cool, chat soon.. Smokemup

Harvest, did I hear Harvest?! :cheer:

yes my dear =D
my plants are now chopped. im using some really untrustable kitchen scales atm. got some new digis in the post.

after snipping away all the waste it looks like i got about 125g wet bud. and thats keeping a fistfull of popcorn back as 'unripe'.

so im certain to meet my 50g target :)

But Fluff wants piccies :)

yes my dear =D
my plants are now chopped. im using some really untrustable kitchen scales atm. got some new digis in the post.

after snipping away all the waste it looks like i got about 125g wet bud. and thats keeping a fistfull of popcorn back as 'unripe'.

so im certain to meet my 50g target :)

theres my bro from acrossed the pond!:) where you been?
i call it fashionably late!...nothing to do with my internet going down the last couple of days...honest guvner, lol

doing an update now =D

18-Nov-1012
day 71 last update.

ok guys. i want to appologise for the delay...i blame the plant itself for most of it, then loss of internet the last couple of days.

as for blaming the plant, i basically smoked from the moment i opened my eyes till i went to sleep, if i woke up for a pee, i rolled up a joint also, lol. this went on from a couple of days before this harvest untill yesterday (25 nov).

definatly tastes like diesel. first couple of days of smoking it felt wierd...wasnt a nice taste compared to the usual fruity and earthy taste i like, but as time passes you get used to it and then seriously enjoy it.

the high is clever and on the surface it doesnt 'feel' couchlocky, but the proof is in the pudding and whilst im smoking this stuff i did not get a lot done at all, but i did it with a grin and a light mood =D

the scales i used were shite and totally off. end weight was 35 gramms of bone dry godliness. hypothetically of course..a bunch of my friends said they were willing to pay £10 for a bag weighing .7 g and would be more than happy with the deal.

when dried as much as i do it. the texture feels like candied fruits or similar. although it was dry enough to technically fall apart the sheer coating of resin forced it to retain its structure, almost like an exo skeleton! so when you pinch a chunk off with your fingers and squeeze it, it crackles a tiny amount as the resins break apart from each other and then the bit of bud crumbles to a fluffy powder that expands as you crumble it in....exactly the effect i was looking for!

i now have a jewelers loup and i could see that i harvested at around 30% cloudy...i could have grown for several more weeks and added lots to my yield...we live and learn....10% amber for my next crop.

qsummary. sweet fast bud #2 is a winner. not a very stable pheno, all the plants looked different to each other, but the taste and high was almost indistinguishable so im guessing they bred for that and ignored grow pattern.

if your looking for short fast plants, this one does what its meant to =)

add weeks to the end date if your growing with cfl's for flower =/

ok last 2 pics for this grow and then ill go start grow 4 journal =D

GEDC00289.JPG
GEDC00305.JPG

Nice harvest Giga! Looking forward to the next grow as I see the link. :)

yeah what TG said:)

next grow is going to be a beauty!
got 20 plants growing right now and am going to order 20 more in 2 weeks then 20 more in 2 more weeks, then a final 20 more...this should in theory get my perpetual established and rolling just about right for my own produced seeds to fill the next step =D

granted, ill be throwing around half the plants away since they are regulars, but i dont mind at all as im out of weed and males make good smoking leaves :rofl:

Nice little haul Gigs!
sounds like a nice smoke.
You know I like me a good deisel!!

i have rather rapidly come to love the taste.

only recently i discovered that the origional diesel and chemdawg strains are one and the same.

im hoping in the future i find 'patient zero', the truest mother strains of pure sativa, indica and ruderalis...as in homo-erectus is to homo-sapien.
if i ever get that lucky i intend to compute and calculate the possible combinations to 0.5% (like 99.5% indica 0.5% sativa)

this is research on the scale of mapping the human genome really, just with less education needed, lol.

my point is if we can find the pure ancestors we can find every strain that already exists and fill in all the gaps.
wouldnt it be nice to reference such a data sheet and be able to say...well i want this one, but all i have is this one, so if i breed it with x ill get the strain i wanted in the first place ;)

ok this has some serious flaws...very specifically, some traits we enjoy today are bound to be freak mutations that got inbred by popularity...such mutations may not exist in the pure line.

that brings me to another subject i intend to cover...

randomised weed generation....aka stick a seed in the nuke for 1 second and see if it grows :rofl:

funny as hell, but that there is some serious brain food. im sure we can use a microwave in some way to cause mutations we can test.

Very interesting on the microwave bit.... Again as always you are on to something. :thumb:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Hi guys welcome aboard.

i will not be doing autos again, the yeilds are just too low, and you cant clone. next time i use autos will be when i find a field in the middle of no where i can stealth sow and come back 90 days later ;)

haha i had to drag this up from my very first post. i love the irony of the fact that my next grow is exclusively auto's :rofl:
this should be a reminder to myself not to put too much conviction behind my plans, because tommorow will always bring new education, and if one is of an open mind, that means new ways of thinking and new plans to make.

so to all those fine folk out there who believe they are on a mission of some kind...dont take yourself too seriously, you will think different in a year, five years...eventually.

Back
Top Bottom