God's First Grow - COB & LED - Cuvee, Jack Skellington - SCROG

Thanks Tech. This is something I've wanted to do since HS, something I've always been passionate about, just really interests me and always has

Much like with everything else in life, you get out of it what you put in, so hoping I've learned enough reading over the years and I'm able to apply all of it for good results! .

Thanks for all your help with everything too, you sell a fantastic product, people should hear about it .

So came home last night and my exhaust tubing had disconnected so the exhaust was just dumping the air back into the room I have my tent in, needless to say temps rose a bit and the plants didn't like that lol, was at 94 when I got in, everything's better now though.

I'd decided to wait 3 days between feedings this time, plants def didn't like this! I know it was a combination of the high heat and prolonging the feeding a day, but RH had dropped down to 37(usually about 50), they didn't look very happy! Fed them 10 gal of water(usually only need 6-7), run off was 5.8 so looking good :)

Not really sure how well you'll be able to see these colors, but the JS is really starting to show some nice deep purples and reds in the stalks, looks amazing and smells even better!
IMG_191335.JPG

IMG_191431.JPG

And today 3 of them started to show their PREFLOWERS
Here's one of the JS and it's nice white pistils :)
IMG_191536.JPG

IMG_191637.JPG

Here's one of the Cuvees, I'm not sure how well you'll be able to see it, but this plant has both red & white pistils, not sure what them coming out red implies
IMG_192039.JPG

IMG_192039.JPG

And here's the other JS, unfortunately this one has shown balls by the looks of it :(
Might be hard to see, didn't realize the pics were that out of focus, they've shown up on 2 nodes so far, I'm pretty convinced they're ball sacks though. I'll take it out soon and throw him outside so I can re-arrange my pot placement for the SCROG, guess it means they'll be in veg a bit longer so I can get the screen to fill out more.
Gonna throw the male outside in hopes of it flowering and I'll collect the pollen from it, I have no use for it right now, but why not if it doesn't take a lot of effort, just set it aside and catalog it with a detailed description, never know what the future holds and if it'll come in handy. It is getting chilly at night (lows on 50) so hopefully it'll survive long enough to flower.
IMG_192140.JPG

IMG_192233.JPG

2nd Cuvee hasn't shown pistils or ball sacks yet, which is shocking cause it's the most advanced of all 4 plants in terms of growth, but hopefully it'll be a she

Here they all are laid out
IMG_192333.JPG

Largest Cuvee
IMG_192436.JPG

JS
IMG_192545.JPG

IMG_192633.JPG

I've also decided I'm going to invest in a UV A/B meter, I really want to get a good gauge on this UV light. I have no way of knowing if there's enough there or too much, so I figure if I should get an idea, will have to wait a bit for the purchase though.

The looked fantastic this morning, that feeding got them to rebound fantastic, they seem to be all perked up with chests puffed out

Will probably remove the male next week, really wanna get my proper run off tray first so I can do it all in one shot

420-magazine-mobile1938575913.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1204713817.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1710478467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1942938301.jpg

Can he even pollinate right now? I didn't think they were capable of pollinating until they were switched over to "flower", right now they're still in veg

Going to pull the male out tomorrow when I feed them

Here's the female JS
IMG_192738.JPG

This lady has really exploded since Friday, even though I'll be removing a plant I no longer believe I'll have to veg longer then I thought I would at the rate this ones going, I think by the end of the week I'll be able to flip it over to 12/12.
Got some nice reds coming through on leaf growth still(the male counterpart hasn't shown these colors though)
IMG_192835.JPG

You can see all 4 below, bottom right is the fem JS, top left is the fem Cuvee, top right is the male JS(WAY shorter then any of the other plants) and bottom left still hasn't shown it's sex yet
IMG_192930.JPG

IMG_193127.JPG

Moved they male outside today
420-magazine-mobile738560468.jpg

Seems like I roughed him up pretty good through the grow, or he's just weak?
420-magazine-mobile1691082736.jpg

As you can see all his main stems at the node have split and are just barely holding on, they've been through a lot of moving and stuff through this grow so I'm not really surprised, this is also the one that was always "stunted" and behind all the others, so who knows for sure
420-magazine-mobile1536663714.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1731801096.jpg

There's them balls lol began him on his flower nutes today, hopefully it doesn't get too cold at night for him

Working on rearranging the other plants and getting them fed now .

STRAINS

Been researching different strains for a while now to narrow down what I want to grow, I've decided for now that my grows will consist of 3 strains each grow, 2 plants of each strain in hopes I get 4-5 females(I prefer reg seeds opposed to fem course some strains like Tutanchamon are fem only)

My next grow will be Romulan Haze(my fav smoke), Romulan Diesel and Tutanchamon(provided I'm able to obtain the seeds and germinate)

I have a list of 21 strains I'd like to grow and their breeders, wondering if anyone following has any grows with any of the following strains or if I have listed the improper original breeder for a strain. Always prefer originals, sometimes confusing to track down, so please correct me if I'm wrong, or give me any experiences with any of the strains .

Next Gen Seeds - Romulan, Romulan haze, Romulan diesel, island sweet skunk

Ace seeds - Malawi

Apothicary Genetics - Grape Ape(orig GDP?)

BC Bud Depot - Girl Scout Cookies(orig?), The Purps

Brothers Grimm - C99

GrabDaddy Purple - GDP(orig?)

Humboldt Seeds - chemdawg(orig?), pineapple skunk

Mr. Nice Seeds - Super Silver Haze, G13 Haze

Pyramid - Tutanchamon

Rare Dankness - Ghost Train Haze(orig?), White Widow

Sensi Seeds - Arghani #1

Serious seeds - Skunk #1, AK47

Soma Seeds - amnesia haze, NYC Diesel

Connoisseur Genetics - Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze

Some nice classics in there I'd love to grow, they're pretty expensive(hello C99 lol) but worth it to grow some originals .

Love to hear back any experiences with some of these strains

So done with the others, figuring 2-3 more feeding in veg nutes(every 2 days), then I'll switch to 12/12 and run ph'd water through them twice and start them on their flower nutes

I still expect a lot of veg growth out of the JS once I flip it, I don't expect I'll have any problems filling the SCROG if I flip it by the end of week

420-magazine-mobile1322593795.jpg

Here's something I've never really shown before. I topped my plants once when they were younger, so here's the top of them now
420-magazine-mobile593555209.jpg

Here's to show how tall it actually is
420-magazine-mobile383097745.jpg

When I transplant them I basically bury them right up to the bottom node, however these things haven't attempted to stretch 1 bit, each of them is only 5-6" tall
420-magazine-mobile409253752.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1571852252.jpg

The main stalk is thick and gorgeous, just not very tall lol
Often as a result I get growth of leaves that sprout up from beneath the soil, I assume when I'm feeding that they just drown in my solution while they're under the soil and as a result I find a few of these that sprout up every few days
420-magazine-mobile943363220.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1589766825.jpg

Top growth always looks fantastic though, hasn't shown any signs of deficiencies or burns, I do think I'm going to lay off on the cal-mag, really don't think I need it
420-magazine-mobile1752630865.jpg

For now they're still amounting to something every day, twice a day I move growth away at the top center so new growth sprouts up to fill my screen

Once I flip to 12/12 whatever hasn't reached its way to the canopy within a week or so will get plucked off for the reasons you mention .

Back
Top Bottom