Golfer - NL Auto - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 2

Thanks, Herby. It's been so spectacular out that I feel like I need to get her out into some fresh air. She was only in direct sunlight for 5 minutes and outside for about 10. She still looks great! Took her out again, brought her on the deck for a few photo's then back to the tent. Pictures coming soon.

Beautiful day today so I took a few more pics. Still plenty of white pistils still coming out. Buds seem very tight to me, compared to the first grow. I'm happy with how the Mars Hydro old style 300w has performed. She has 6 really big colas, one almost as big as the main cola. Many smaller buds will be much better than some of the cola's from the first two plants.

I'm planning on only doing 2 or 3 waterings to flush her. I smoked some the other day and it tasted it pretty good.

Nothing has sprouted yet on the Extreme Haze that I've got in paper towels.

Enjoy the photos :thanks:

Grow_2_Day_66_full.JPG

Grow_2_Day_66_big_2.JPG

Grow_2_Day_66_big_bud.JPG

Beautiful day today so I took a few more pics. Still plenty of white pistils still coming out. Buds seem very tight to me, compared to the first grow. I'm happy with how the Mars Hydro old style 300w has performed. She has 6 really big colas, one almost as big as the main cola. Many smaller buds will be much better than some of the cola's from the first two plants.

I'm planning on only doing 2 or 3 waterings to flush her. I smoked some the other day and it tasted it pretty good.

Nothing has sprouted yet on the Extreme Haze that I've got in paper towels.

Enjoy the photos :thanks:

Grow_2_Day_66_full.JPG

Grow_2_Day_66_big_2.JPG

Grow_2_Day_66_big_bud.JPG

Nice grow buddy !! I was wondering how high are from the soil to top of cola? Inches if u can. :)

OrganicLife - just ran out and measured. Soil to tallest cola - 14". Top of cola to 300W Mars LED - 4" (much closer than i'd like but hey - it's only a 30" high tent). The light is just at 25" high. Can't really get it any higher in the tent.

Haze still has not opened up yet. 6 days now. Keeping my fingers crossed. If this one doesn't pop, I'll do two next time. I'll probably be done with the current NL auto by then.

It's day 68 the NL and I just watered tonight with some molasses. One more feeding, a couple of flush waterings and in 9 days I think I will be harvesting. I'll have some pictures Friday to share and get feedback.

Love the way my hands smell after moving her around a little :slide:

OrganicLife - just ran out and measured. Soil to tallest cola - 14". Top of cola to 300W Mars LED - 4" (much closer than i'd like but hey - it's only a 30" high tent). The light is just at 25" high. Can't really get it any higher in the tent.

Haze still has not opened up yet. 6 days now. Keeping my fingers crossed. If this one doesn't pop, I'll do two next time. I'll probably be done with the current NL auto by then.

It's day 68 the NL and I just watered tonight with some molasses. One more feeding, a couple of flush waterings and in 9 days I think I will be harvesting. I'll have some pictures Friday to share and get feedback.

Love the way my hands smell after moving her around a little :slide:

Thank you so much for that info. I am going to be in the same boat as you with space and night then. Glad the Mars isn't bleaching it out. Very appreciated homie✌️

Figured I'd put a picture out the day before her 70th day.

How does she look? I was going to give one more feeding Friday and two watering only next week and harvest - about 9 days from now.

I am skipping the 48 hrs in the dark. I did the last two in the dark and based on reading, I'm going to not do it this time.

Grow_2_Day_69_2.JPG

Really nice man!

Flush her good. Those real dark leaves at this stage and the brown tips with the turned up leaf margins means she's loaded with nutes and needs severe flushing.

And you're totally right about not giving any extra dark period before chopping. Another urban growing myth that needs to be dropped.

L8r

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. I was just going to ask OMU if he thought I should avoid the next feeding :morenutes: On to the flushing for the next few waterings. :thanks:

I threw 2 more of my Haze seeds into water. I'm losing hope that the one in the paper towels for 7 days is going to pop soon.

Got a little routine now, every couple of days I snip a nice little bud off and start it drying. Even though they haven't cured, they're dried well enough yet they still taste really good.:bong:

All flushed out. Definitely noticed the yellow tips. Good thing I post pictures every day so I could address it quickly. Plan is to do the flush two more times and harvest in about a week.

Question. What is the recommended timing of harvest relative to the last watering? Should I let her go very dry before harvest?

Here are a couple of pictures. For those wondering, the old style Mars 300w is only about 4" from the top cola. I try to rotate her within the tent so there is a spectrum mix. I asked a while back about how to keep that cola from hitting the light but turns out I didn't need to do anything. She just focused on flowering and stopped getting taller.:hug:

The haze seed hasn't popped and I just did two more and they're in paper towels. If these two don't pop then I must have left them in the water too long. Exceeded the 14hrs by a couple hours.

:Namaste:

Grow_2_Day_71_days_in_tent.JPG

Grow_2_Day_71_days_buds.JPG

The way I harvest is if I usually water every second day I'll let it go another day but do the chop just before lights on on the third day,I also take off as many fan/water leaves 24hrs before the chop mainly to stress the plant so it puts out more sugars to protect itself to try and get pollinated.

looking great golfy, defo need to flush that baby tho n go for 3-4 times the amount of space in your pot to water. so 10 litre pot, 30/40 litres flushed through every other day, be yellow before u know it

Herb :yummy:

One good flush like that is lots Herby then just water as needed until the plant is cropped. The initial hard flush is enough to remove almost all the nutes so the plant is forced to draw on it's own resources to finish up and cause the leaves to yellow.

L8r

All flushed out. Definitely noticed the yellow tips. Good thing I post pictures every day so I could address it quickly. Plan is to do the flush two more times and harvest in about a week.

Question. What is the recommended timing of harvest relative to the last watering? Should I let her go very dry before harvest?

Here are a couple of pictures. For those wondering, the old style Mars 300w is only about 4" from the top cola. I try to rotate her within the tent so there is a spectrum mix. I asked a while back about how to keep that cola from hitting the light but turns out I didn't need to do anything. She just focused on flowering and stopped getting taller.:hug:

The haze seed hasn't popped and I just did two more and they're in paper towels. If these two don't pop then I must have left them in the water too long. Exceeded the 14hrs by a couple hours.

:Namaste:

Grow_2_Day_71_days_buds.JPG

It won't hurt to let it dry out some before harvest Golfer but I don't. I like the leaves to be plumped up and firm for easier trimming as I do my final trim as I take the colas off. I only take enough off at a time that will take about an hour to finish so I can get those done before they go all limp. Means more trips down to the grow room but I need the exercise anyway. :)

I can see from this latest pic that the hardening of the leaves has progressed a bit. My DWC girl is like that whereas the potted one is getting very yellow. I never flushed it but stopped feeding it anything but water with a bit of OverDrive a couple weeks ago.

Chopping time for me tonight I guess.

L8r

One good flush like that is lots Herby then just water as needed until the plant is cropped. The initial hard flush is enough to remove almost all the nutes so the plant is forced to draw on it's own resources to finish up and cause the leaves to yellow.

L8r

I find if I flush hard the first time, wait a day then do the same again it washes more out as the soil is wet unlike the first time. The first flush tends to go thru a lil quick and not carry the nutes out until the last few litres. On the 3rd wash thru youre getting nearly all of it out by then and a more relaxed water feeding can commence

Herb :yummy:

Welcome Stage! You'll be here for the best part....the harvest!

Another beautiful day. Gave her a little fresh air in the backyard whilst I snapped a few photos. On cruise control now. Water tomorrow then again on Thur. Plan to harvest on Saturday. Those colas are looking nice.

Three Haze Extreme are in paper towels now. Hopefully 20 hrs in water didn't screw it up.

Grow_2_Day_73_days_crop_king.JPG

Grow_2_Day_73_days_cropking.JPG

Grow_2_Day_73_days_cola.JPG

Grow_2_Day_73_days_snowy_cola.JPG

Yass.....right on time!:drool:
Never grew haze strain before/ What's she like? :circle-of-love:

Mostly sativa. I'm expecting longer nodes, smaller buds and slightly longer flower time - more sativa like growth than indica. Since none of the seeds have popped yet, I don't know what she's going to be like yet. I just know it's not an auto (a first for me) and not feminized.

Hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom