Golfer - NL Auto - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 2

Looks very tasty:) I scrape my scissors with razor for some nice scissor hash then just wipe down with ISO and good as new,I no everyone has their own way of drying but for me,I like to cut the buds from the stem before they are dry enough to snap away and put them in jars for 24hrs then back on the rack for 24 and repeat if it needs it.To me I find it brings out the smell/flavor a bit faster and then cure for at least 2 weeks before temptation gets to me.You have done a great job mate and good luck on your new beans

Ok - here I go. Off to harvest (puts on his harvesting gear)......

It's a little bitter sweet. None of these haze seeds have popped so I have nothing to replace in the grow tent :(

The good news is I won Crop King Seeds September contest and I'm getting 10 free seeds :party:

Stay tuned for my photomentary of the harvest!

Wow good for you!! You deserve it buddy

Congrats on the harvest!
So glad to see the fruits of your labor eh?:goodjob:

That's my only minor issue right now, Herby. I don't have anything in progress. I wanted to have something potted that was about 3 weeks old at this point.

I put a haze seed in water a few weeks ago, then paper towel. That still hasn't popped. Then I did three more. None of the these hazes has popped. I'm going to try one more today into water and paper towel tomorrow. CKS said they're shipping replacements with the seeds I won (White Widow fem & Jack Herer auto). They seem finicky. I was 3 for 3 with the NL Autos.

I'll probably go with the Jack first if the next haze attempt fails.

On a good note, the bud I clipped last week has dried nicely. If it tastes this good now, I can only imagine after curing.

:Namaste:

That's my only minor issue right now, Herby. I don't have anything in progress. I wanted to have something potted that was about 3 weeks old at this point.

I put a haze seed in water a few weeks ago, then paper towel. That still hasn't popped. Then I did three more. None of the these hazes has popped. I'm going to try one more today into water and paper towel tomorrow. CKS said they're shipping replacements with the seeds I won (White Widow fem & Jack Herer auto). They seem finicky. I was 3 for 3 with the NL Autos.

I'll probably go with the Jack first if the next haze attempt fails.

On a good note, the bud I clipped last week has dried nicely. If it tastes this good now, I can only imagine after curing.

:Namaste:

Golfer,
Sorry to hear of your germination issues. May I ask you what is the temp and humidity of the area?
Was the water tap? RO? Distilled?
I recommend temps 75 to 85 degrees for germ.

Thanks for asking, Stage. :thanks:

The temp is around 68-73 - indoors. The water was tap.

I'm trying one more time in a few hours. I will shake the seed in a bottle then into a cup of water (Poland Spring). Just brought a bottle in now to get it to room temperature. In there for about 12 hours then into paper towels.

I looked closely at all 4 seeds in paper now and nothing seems wrong. I was thinking maybe because the sativas are more equatorial that they need warmer germinating conditions. Just put them in the boiler room. I still think there is a chance they will pop - so I'm hopeful the warmer temps in there will work.

Thanks for asking, Stage. :thanks:

The temp is around 68-73 - indoors. The water was tap.

I'm trying one more time in a few hours. I will shake the seed in a bottle then into a cup of water (Poland Spring). Just brought a bottle in now to get it to room temperature. In there for about 12 hours then into paper towels.

I looked closely at all 4 seeds in paper now and nothing seems wrong. I was thinking maybe because the sativas are more equatorial that they need warmer germinating conditions. Just put them in the boiler room. I still think there is a chance they will pop - so I'm hopeful the warmer temps in there will work.

Golfer,
Tap water in my area is very good. Do you know what your tap ph/ ppm is?
I would suggest that those temps are low enough to slow down the germ process and lower your success rate.
May I suggest a seedling heating mat/pad? I use one often and it can speed up the process significantly.
Mine has a temp control but I still use a thermometer/hygrometer in the germ area. You can cook them overnight if you aren't careful.

I jus soak for 12 hrs preferably n plant, although this time I soaked for 24 hrs and thats a big mistake on my part, any tap root showing n I usually dont get a result. I had 2 showing, or cudda been 3 im not sure. Either way im not feeling confident, its day 3 tomoro and nothing yet :(

Now the post harvest sadness kicks in. Don't get me wrong, it looks great. But instead of getting bigger, every time I check, the buds are getting smaller as they dry out. I've got nothing in the hopper right now, except the 4 haze I've been warming up with a heating pad to help pop.

And I must confess, I can't not smoke this stuff until cure. I still have some of the bud I took over a week ago that's dried well and have been smoking that. It tastes pretty damn good. Hopefully these little buds can help me get the bulk of it cured properly.

Drying is going well. The closet they were in stunk so bad I was sent outside to the grow tent. Luckily the weather is much better and the humidity dropped. I had put all the smaller buds into a jar last night with the hygrometer. They were at 80% this morning so I laid them back out in the tent for a few more days. The big colas are still hanging. I did a quick weigh in and I'm hopeful that after she's fully dried I could end up with close to 2oz.:smokin:

Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way :Namaste:

I'm happy to report she is done drying and has gone into jars for curing:woohoo: The RH in the jar right now is 68-70 so I'm leaving the lid off for a bit then back on and off until we get to around 60-62. If I'm careful, I won't run out before the next harvest.

Ended up with about 70 grams or about 23 grams per jar. I would have been happy with an ounce of good bud. All three jars have great buds in them.

The wife smoked some and liked it. Said it smells piney. Smells pretty good to me. It's a nice indica high with a slight bit of sleepy/chill.

I'm enjoying it for when I get home from work or after a round of golf. (don't get me wrong - I smoke it any other time too):volcano-smiley:

I'm not as motivated to post when I have nothing growing. I could have started another NL or tried one of my 3 Haze (that 4 didn't pop) but I'm waiting on my CKS Jack Herer auto and White Widow fem to come. Going to go with Jack because I really want a sativa strain and I want to get done (if possible) before Feb. I'm not sure how the grow will go in the garage during the winter. I also expect it to need a week or two longer than the NL.

Here are some pics. My buddy stuck her nose into the picture:biglaugh: Seems very interested ;)

Thank you everyone for your help - even if you didn't post here. I'm getting your help from all your journals :thanks:

Grow_2_c.JPG

Grow_2_b.JPG

Grow_2_a.JPG

Grow_2_in_Jars.JPG

Congrat Golfer420!
Those nugs look so frosty. You have enuf of them to see how the buds taste and smell and potency improve during cure.
When you burp your jars you will smile. :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom