Graytail's Cupwinners in High Brix Soil - 4x4 - 600W HPS - Perpetual

Things are looking better in the flower room! The last batch of brix readings were up across the board. :cheesygrinsmiley: I don't know what to attribute it to - I didn't do anything significant, but I'm playing out a hunch that I've been feeding too much Energy and not enough Transplant, so I doubled the Transplant dose this feeding. I always dose on the low side, so the soil may need more than it's getting.

Carn3 and WWxSk#1 are doing well, and the Cotton Candy x Carnival seed sprouted in 2 days. That ugly thing in the background is a Panama cut that I may not be able to keep alive. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN4718.JPG

Those look like they are doing okay. Better than my organic grows turn out :)

Grapefruit is dried and jarred and yielded 43 grams, 1.52 ounces, over 136 days = 0.316 grams per day.

The four main colas weighed 7-8 grams apiece, almost 75% of the total.

Grapefruit - 136 days old - 61 days 12/12 - 50 days since pistils - brix 9/10 - Chop
DSCN47381.JPG

DSCN47373.JPG

I also was trimming up my Green Love Potion and discovered something interesting ...

DSCN4727.JPG

Cool, huh? That's the main stem, and it continues upward with a good top on it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I also took a cut from Grapefruit1, but ... forgot I had popped it in a cup of water and didn't run across it again for two days. :laughtwo: When I eventually found it, I dipped it in some rooting powder and stuck it in a cup of wet soil. That was 2 days ago. These HB cuts really root well!

DSCN4730.JPG

DSCN47311.JPG

damn im envious of all the crops you have ALL the time :) :)

great harvest and cool wild main vain going on there!!! always something cool to see around here!!!

damn im envious of all the crops you have ALL the time :) :)

great harvest and cool wild main vain going on there!!! always something cool to see around here!!!

I have to say that I'm really enjoying the perpetual, too! :cheesygrinsmiley: I don't want to wait 3 months for a harvest. I like more regular gratification - go figure for a loadie ...

I'm shopping for more beans now. So far, I'm thinking:

Utopia Haze - Brazil sativa - Barney's Seeds
Destroyer - Mexico/Columbia x Meao Thai - Cannabiogen
Vanilla Kush - Kashmir Hash x Kush - Barney's Seeds
Nexus - Brazil sativa x Sativa blue - Eva seeds
Nepalese Jam - Nepal sativa x Jamaica sativa - Ace Seeds

very nice choices! :circle-of-love:

I see you had to go with that utopia haze again eh??!!

you are convincing me to try it as well...i first just have to get through the whole seed bank i have at home waiting to make their way to the garden lol

The sample I took of my SBR is like that and honestly I don't think I have ever smoked anything like it. I was stoned to the bone but actually got more done that day than I normally do in 3 and it relaxed my muscles to the point of being able to do a lot of yard work that day. The one I chopped yesterday is pure and simple couch lock so it will be nice once I chop the SBR and have them both. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....:circle-of-love:

I weren't over to the 420 medical strains review area and see zip, nada, zilch for reviews for Carnival or Sharksbreath. Not many reviews on the internet either.

Review time?

SBR is Sugar Black Rose, and that's one Dennise grew, so you'll have to check out her journal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've neglected the Review thread, I know, but i did a short review of Carnival a few pages back. I REALLY like this one. I've been looking for a good clear unpolluted sativa high and Carnival is it, better than anything I've grown besides Utopia Haze. This is going to be my new default smoke for daytime. It has a sort of berry taste on inhale - raspberry is as close as I can come - mixed with the typical diesel - sweet and very smooth. Exhale has a softer taste, a bit creamy. Ministry of Seeds tested it at 23%+ THC and I believe it - it has a serious punch, plenty strong. It was a breeze to grow and yielded 80 grams from a 28 inch plant in 125 days. In short, an unqualified winner!

:thumb:

Another week in the bloom room and there's good news and bad news. The good news is that brix is now over 10 across the board. The bad news is that brix isn't over 13 on any of 'em. But I think I can fix it. I think my last batch of EWC was iffy. I have new stuff now, so I'll finish out these three or four that are fading badly and add some extra EWC when I recook the soil after harvest. That, and all the fans I've been tossing in there should raise the humus levels significantly over the next few weeks. My soil recycling is also slowing down as I gear down for summer, so I have 30 gallons that have been cooking for almost a month, and another 15 that won't have to be touched for a couple months. If things go well this summer I might even spring for a soil test to see where I'm at.

Temps are back to where I want them at 62-81 and the plants love it. It's weird to see shiny yellow leaves spiking up to the light. :cheesygrinsmiley: Ever'body's happy happy even though brix sucks. I got myself all icky sticky pulling yellow fans off WP2 and SLH2.

The buds on WP2 look spectacular, into a serious swell, rapidly forming new pale fat calyxes. Gawd, I just love it when that happens. :cheesygrinsmiley: This will be my last White Panther and she's gonna do her genetics proud - good girl!

WP2 - 138 days old - 56 days 12/12 - 46 days since pistils - brix 10/10
DSCN47423.JPG

DSCN47432.JPG

DSCN47444.JPG

DSCN47452.JPG

DSCN47462.JPG

DSCN47494.JPG

SLH2 will be smaller than the reveg but still in the 2.5 ounce range I think. Brix has been slowly rising on this one so maybe I can get it respectable before harvest.

SLH2 - 138 days old - 49 days 12/12 - 41 days since pistils - brix 12/13
DSCN47503.JPG

DSCN47514.JPG

DSCN47525.JPG

DSCN47535.JPG

DSCN47552.JPG

DSCN47563.JPG

Carn1 is yellowing as badly as WP2 and SLH2, but it has some healthy weight and is doing well at making trichs. She just finished her Cat drench, so she's resting a bit.

Carn1 - 99 days old - 35 days 12/12 - 24 days since pistils - brix 12/12
DSCN47572.JPG

DSCN47584.JPG

DSCN47592.JPG

DSCN47612.JPG

DSCN47622.JPG

Carn2 is beginning to show a little fade but it's too early to tell how bad it'll be - just had her first drench.

Carn2 - 99 days old - 27 days 12/12 - 20 days since pistils - brix 10/11
DSCN47631.JPG

DSCN47641.JPG

DSCN4765.JPG

DSCN47661.JPG

DSCN47682.JPG

PanaSeed is still very green like her mother was. I've been looking for the telltale purple hues, but haven't seen enough to be sure this will be a strong purple. I just gave this one a recharge with the new EWC so we'll see how she does in full bloom.

Panama Seed - 86 days - 28 days 12/12 - 17 days since pistils - brix 10/10
DSCN47691.JPG

DSCN47702.JPG

DSCN47712.JPG

DSCN47731.JPG

DSCN47743.JPG

Green Love Potion is a real stretcher! She's gonna be a little small but I'm glad now that I didn't keep her in veg any longer. If I ran this one again, I'd train for more tops. It has a tendency to grow very stiff stems straight up. Heheh, and you saw what happened when I tried to spread her out. These were the crispest stems I've run into - they snap like nuthin.

Green Love Potion - 70 days old - 18 days 12/12 - 8 days since pistils - brix 10/11
DSCN4777.JPG

DSCN47782.JPG

DSCN4779.JPG

DSCN47802.JPG

DSCN47811.JPG

The first Grapefruit cut, GF1, is about a foot tall and a week away from the flip. LST training turned out well, with about nine tops heading into bloom. :cheesygrinsmiley:

GF1 - 99 days old
DSCN47831.JPG

DSCN4784.JPG

DSCN47851.JPG

Carn3 and WWxSk1 are picking up speed and should be ready to pot in a couple more weeks.

WWSk - 22 days old
DSCN47861.JPG

Carn3 - 43 days old
DSCN4787.JPG

Cotton Candy x Carnival is doing well.

CCC - 5 days old
DSCN47891.JPG

Speechless...

Oh, hey, remember the split in the stem on the Green Love Potion?

It's the stem holding up that top right in the middle. I topped the plant, and damaged one of the apicals, and then spread the next pair, and apparently was a tad too harsh about it. The other apical recovered and became that center one. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN4779.JPG

DSCN4727.JPG

:bravo:

They look awesome. I'll bet they're just a pleasure so smoke, smooooooth. I like a fade like that, but maybe a little later and a little less. It's a matter of personal taste for some.

I'm having similar issue on some of my larger plants, so I'm gonna start blooming small again, like I used to.

I think you'll mitigate that yellowing if you bloom them sooner and use larger containers. Other than that I think you knocked it out of the park.

Back
Top Bottom