Green Crack & White Cookies: Mainlining Under A Sunplix CMH

Just saw your pictures on the Sunplix group on FB. I'm sure they got more than a few sales with how great your ladies are looking.

I am not sure, but as far as CMHs go, having a beginner getting a good harvest is always a good for selling stuff i would imagine. Though just the same can be said if i killed my plants, people would think they are not good. Perspective and looking at everything like environment, feeding, and other factors also play huge. Personally though, i am very happy with this light, at 315 it would not be big enough for my space, but the fact it is adjustable to 400 i love.

Very impressive!! Every pic looks fantastic, lush, frosty, healthy plants, and such fat colas! :cheer:

Have you measured lux levels at different distances from the light? It seems like the 315w CMH is far more efficient in terms of light output per watt compared to say, a 1000w HID setup, but it would be fun to crunch the numbers! :Namaste:

The output of a CMH bulb is i believe 1.95 umol/j, with a HPS being around 1.3, and a DE 1000 around 1.7. This is not fixture level mind you, but yes they have a higher output as far as photosynthetically active radiation (PAR). I have a par meter and the recommended height is 18 inches at 315, and adjusted to 400 i like it at 22 inches. I was worried about the tent edges but it has exceeded my expectations.

The output of a CMH bulb is i believe 1.95 umol/j, with a HPS being around 1.3, and a DE 1000 around 1.7. This is not fixture level mind you, but yes they have a higher output as far as photosynthetically active radiation (PAR). I have a par meter and the recommended height is 18 inches at 315, and adjusted to 400 i like it at 22 inches. I was worried about the tent edges but it has exceeded my expectations.

Not just that though but a better spectrum. Which is why they produce so good for so little energy. Kinda like led

Great info, :thanks: It sounds like the CMH lighting combines the best traits of both LED's and HID!

Here's a fun idea as a side by side for next grow in my 4x8 tent: Sunplix CMH set to 400 watts vs. my traditional 1000 watt HID setup. They would each get a 4x4 square (half the tent), and then I can compare bud quality across the light spectrum. I bet the buds in the middle would be amazing, double dipping from both lights!

Or maybe it would make more sense for me to try the light on its own first before jumping into crazy experiments, hehe :)

Great info, :thanks: It sounds like the CMH lighting combines the best traits of both LED's and HID!

Here's a fun idea as a side by side for next grow in my 4x8 tent: Sunplix CMH set to 400 watts vs. my traditional 1000 watt HID setup. They would each get a 4x4 square (half the tent), and then I can compare bud quality across the light spectrum. I bet the buds in the middle would be amazing, double dipping from both lights!

Or maybe it would make more sense for me to try the light on its own first before jumping into crazy experiments, hehe :)

Experiments are some of the most appealing aspects of growing to me. I think if you were to do that, you would need to do the same strain/strains under each light....reduce the variables as much as you can.

Experiments are some of the most appealing aspects of growing to me. I think if you were to do that, you would need to do the same strain/strains under each light....reduce the variables as much as you can.

Absolutely, I was thinking about taking 8 clones from one of my CBD plants in veg (so 4 plants under each light). They would all be grown in the same medium, same nutes, etc.

Absolutely, I was thinking about taking 8 clones from one of my CBD plants in veg (so 4 plants under each light). They would all be grown in the same medium, same nutes, etc.

Yea that sounds awesome, i am going to set up to clone and do test like this at my new place, should have a decent sized grow room there.

Yeah I don't think that bulb is designed to run at 400 watts for more then a couple hrs.. That really wouldn't be a fair race either because of the footprint of the 1000 watt unless it was one plant each in there on 3x3 space same everything else clone nutes.....

Wow, that would be a lot of CBD bud. Do you make concentrates or oils from the CBD strains?

Yeah I don't think that bulb is designed to run at 400 watts for more then a couple hrs.. That really wouldn't be a fair race either because of the footprint of the 1000 watt unless it was one plant each in there on 3x3 space same everything else clone nutes.....

Good points, I see what you're saying about running one plant under each. I think it actually might be a closer race than expected, after measuring the lux at different locations across the tent with the 1000 watt.

The rectangular reflector shape makes it so that two sides get a ton of light (80-90k lux at 18 inches) and the middle of the tent has a line that doesn't get much at all (30-40k lux at same height). In other words, too much light in some areas, and not enough in others. I have been rotating the plants 180 degrees every week or so to make up for this... :laughtwo:

In contrast, the CMH seems to distribute its light more evenly towards the center of the tent, and it still reaches the edges. I don't see any signs of light stress or bleaching on GWB's babies, they look like they are still getting the ideal amount of light to maximize growth.

Wow, that would be a lot of CBD bud. Do you make concentrates or oils from the CBD strains?

The majority would be made into CBD oil for my mom and other relatives in need :love:

Day 52 of flower:

IMG_233921.JPG

I'd say i got ok soil life. :thumb:

IMG_234317.JPG

Bud shots.

IMG_234019.JPG

IMG_234922.JPG

IMG_236423.JPG

IMG_236721.JPG

Coffee with your sugar?

IMG_235222.JPG

Not too bad.....and thats not a terrible difference in harvest times. Its one of the things I didn't think about for my first grow. My blueberry, blue kush, and durban poison are all 55-60 day flower times......while my ATF is a 70-75 flower time. LOL, guess I didn't think that through too well. Oh well, lesson learned.

Not too bad.....and thats not a terrible difference in harvest times. Its one of the things I didn't think about for my first grow. My blueberry, blue kush, and durban poison are all 55-60 day flower times......while my ATF is a 70-75 flower time. LOL, guess I didn't think that through too well. Oh well, lesson learned.

The difference actually lies in the phenos, i have an early and late pheno one of each strain.

Back
Top Bottom