Greenjeans Greenhouse HodgePodge Grow 2020

Damn! She’s come a long way eh? You’ve done a great job with her!! I’m still wanting to get you some more seeds for next season.

have you thought about cloning the bc, before harvest and then cloning off of that, to try and keep a clone alive all winter, come spring you drop it back out side? Could that be possible for you to do?

I will try rooting again...I have had very poor results so far - air rooting didn't take so I may try a few cuttings in a jar - all the fancy ways failed!!! I cut the air rooting attempt off and crammed it in some dirt and I can't tell if it is rooting or not. Usually if I ignore them and don't fuss over them they do better - I find that works with women as well !!! :rofl:

When you take a cutting, make sure it’s long enough, you want a stem about 2-3 inches long below the internodes your keeping. Then cut the bottom of the stem at a 45 degree angle. Take the scissors or a sharp edge of some sort, scrape the bottom of the stem a bit as it helps the stem build roots off of it easier. Drop the cutting into a shot glass of water. Put a clear dome plastic container over it. Leave it for 24 hrs. After that, get a tiny container of soil or a peat puck or something. If it’s in a small pot, wet the soil slightly with a spray bottle. Dig a hole for the cutting, drop some rooting hormone in (can pick up at c tire or anywhere with a garden section really) then put cutting in hole. Fill with dirt so the cutting is standing straight up. Use spray bottle to wet the soil really good. Put the cutting/pot in a humidity dome. Spray the top (inside) of the dome with water. Put some on, and leave the plant for 24 hrs. Not in direct light, but off in the corner kind of. Rooting don’t really care for direct light. After the 24 hrs. Take some off, inspect. If it’s still standing, your doing good. Put dome back on but leave small air holes via the corner twisted off the corners a bit. You should raise your success rate by atleast 60% doing it that way if not higher. :thumb:

Thanx Back - I've tried just about everything - but it takes no time to keep trying!!!
HEY!!!!I've got all my fresh cut wood in - Shed is FULL!!!!! Now just gather up dead stuff as I need it if weather co operates. That sure is a nice feeling - now I can fart around with all the other stuff!!!

Damn! She’s come a long way eh?
Hey Back, not much amber yet but the difference in bud density amazing - it is really something to see them in comparison to my other scruffy stuff - her and Stevie Nicks are gonna be fun!!! I am so anxious for amber to really get started....I WANNA CUT SUMPIN' !!!!

That makes me so happy!! To be told one thing, but to see the difference first hand, is another!

looking forward to seeing some updates!!

you better hurry, it’s snowing in Alberta today... had to use the ol’ snow brush, I also wore long johns today. First day of the season lol

Hey Back - I'll try to remember to get some comparison pics tomorrow - my neighbour came down today to show me one of his buds - he's never grown it before but is a farmer and good gardener - it's huge!!! It was a bit early, just a hint of amber but it will be interesting to try when it has dried.
I should have a bit more free time now - WOOD GATHERING IS DONE!!!!!!! and so far no big issues with the furnace. The only problem is that when the aquastat shuts off, since it is not real airtight it continues to burn, not much but I'm afraid to put a big charge of wood in it just yet.
SNOW - it almost looked like it was trying tonite!!!! I'M NOT READY!!!!!

hell I’d attack you too!
Funny thing was - it was only about a 6" dia. tree - I only cut it to finish off a load and it fought me every step to the ground - I should mark those ones so a year later I could relish even more putting them in the furnace!!!!:rofl:

Here are some comparison shots... my neighbours bud is on the left...
with L'il Cookie
comp to cookie.jpg

Compare to Stevie Nicks...
comp to stevie.jpg

compare to #4 - the best of the outdoor gals...
comp to 4.jpg

I've been harvesting the outdoor gals over the course of a week - mostly to get ahead of bud rot and aphids. They are mostly cloudy with hints of amber. The greenhouse gals are in good shape will soon show a bit more amber. I will do a staggered harvest on them as well. I'm still hoping that I have a few seeds from my pollination attempt.

Well, everyone is hangin' or in the jar!!!!! I did a bit of a staggered harvest and left L'il Cookie and Stevie Nicks in the greenhouse until I figured that I might risk bud rot or something else - so off with their heads.
Here are a couple of Li'l Cookies colas...
cookie cola1-1.jpg

cookie cola2-2.jpg

and a couple of Stevie Nicks colas....
Stevie cola1-1.jpg

stevie cola4-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom