Greenjeans Greenhouse HodgePodge Grow 2020

So itd like a boiler system?
Sort of - at the back is a 60 gallon water heater tank (sort of a chimney) with a large propane tank inside that holds water, there is 2.5" of clearance all around for smoke, and then at the front is another tank, 2 x 25 x 25" that holds water. The reservoir is in the shop. The water enters the propane tank then on to the 2" tank then back to the reservoir. I would have liked to make the whole thing out of skinny tanks that would have formed the firebox but alas my welding skills are lacking for a water tight seal - so - the firebox is firebrick. If I find it is just not efficient enough I may add a couple of tanks inside - or - I may just say screw it and crank the electric - I might be getting too old for this crap - this just about wore me out and now I gotta go cut 10 bush cord!!! I need good weed!!!!:lot-o-toke:

wood you need for the winter
Yep - I pretty much fill a 12 x 20' shed up to about 7' high - I heat the house and the shop - the hot water is pumped up to a heat exchanger in the house and a separate one in the shop.

Hey Back - Not much going on here - Ongoing battle with the aphids!!! - I think I have created an immune species - my treatment of Murphy's Oil Soap and water is not 100% effective but I have added Listerine to the mix and that seems to make it more deadly. And I invented a spray bottle that works in the inverted position for getting the underside of leaves.
Hi @greenjeans, I found this post through the search looking for aphid treatment. Would you share your measurements, please? I have Murphy's, Listerine and now hope lol :thanks:

I have Murphy's, Listerine and now hope
Oh Man!!!! I'm afraid I may have simply produced a soap immune aphid - as a test I will pick an infested leaf off the gals - spray it, lay it aside and check later - all dead - Yippee!! But then I spray a leaf still attached, come back later and they are still some crawling around!!! I think I have about 3 ladybugs crawling around but they have their hands full and can't keep up!!!

Oh Man!!!! I'm afraid I may have simply produced a soap immune aphid - as a test I will pick an infested leaf off the gals - spray it, lay it aside and check later - all dead - Yippee!! But then I spray a leaf still attached, come back later and they are still some crawling around!!! I think I have about 3 ladybugs crawling around but they have their hands full and can't keep up!!!

These aphids are resistent to my will, I'll try google for a recipe. Hopefully, not one that they're immune to. Good luck with the little buggers.
Thanks for replying!

Have you guys tried to Neem oil spray?

I can't find neem oil locally or at least I've looked for it and can't find a .ca version. Where can I find it, it takes me to .com sites. I am paranoid it is banned as a pesticide in Canada, nothing to back that up with except my lack of being able to find it. Please tell me it cool to ship here.

I am paranoid it is banned as a pesticide in Canada,
I have never thought about that.

I know this may be a stupid question, but have you checked peavey mart? Or co-op?

right now they may not carry it in stock as seasons on its way out, but peavey mart would be my first guess....

Where are you located? Do you have any hydroponic tires close by?

A hydroponic store near me is called hydro-lite. They don’t have anything pop up when I search neem oil, but they have a fb chat, where I messaged them and asked if it was possible to get neem oil in Canada. I will get back to you on what they say.

This was enough to deter me from trying to ship it from a .com site.
20200913_131135.jpg

I can buy neem oil in the beauty section of walmart as a beauty product, think its the same? I'm not so sure. I should go to the Canadain growers thread. It's likely available in some form here.
I checked local walmart, home hardware, home depot, rona and tsc stores. We do have a garden line here called "Safer's", but if they have neem oil it is under a different selling feature than the neem...
Thanks for your help, @Backlipslide, I'm gonna google "TreeAzin"

This was enough to deter me from trying to ship it from a .com site.
20200913_131135.jpg

I can buy neem oil in the beauty section of walmart as a beauty product, think its the same? I'm not so sure. I should go to the Canadain growers thread. It's likely available in some form here.
I checked local walmart, home hardware, home depot, rona and tsc stores. We do have a garden line here called "Safer's", but if they have neem oil it is under a different selling feature than the neem...
Thanks for your help, @Backlipslide, I'm gonna google "TreeAzin"
That’s great information thank you!!

I think the important wording might be "registered as a pesticide". So buying pure cold pressed neem oil is legal. What you use it for is your choice.
Most box stores that ive heen to seel everything but those safers with neem, because that's suppose to be for organic use, but not in canada.
Just a thought :hmmmm:

I think the important wording might be "registered as a pesticide". So buying pure cold pressed neem oil is legal. What you use it for is your choice.
Most box stores that ive heen to seel everything but those safers with neem, because that's suppose to be for organic use, but not in canada.
Just a thought :hmmmm:
Sorry, @Kodiak420, meaning that the "Safer's" brand sold in Canada is the equivelent off the shelf to the neem oil spray discussed?

True Oils is the stuff I use, you want cold pressed from neem seed.

And I could grab the neem oil facial serum at walmart and make a spray?

I don't want to get too excited here!

:thanks:

Sorry, @Kodiak420, meaning that the "Safer's" brand sold in Canada is the equivelent off the shelf to the neem oil spray discussed?
No, like smokey, i use organic cold pressed neem oil. Mixed with soap {i use Castile soap} but you can use regular dish soap. Ratio about table spoon per gallon water, into sprayer and apply. Try now that she's flowering to selectively spray infested area. Reapply as needed.
Neem has, i think , 2.5 day half life.

What that article said there's no neem registered as a pesticide. I was theorizing why i can never find these "safers with neem" that are suppose to be oraganic....
So I believe there's other chemicals in these products that are not considered for organic use in canada.

Edit: per gallon of water.:bong:

neem oil close to harvest
Agreed. I only use during veg until i feel that stretch is done during pre flowering. Then that's it.

safer's soap
Which version smokey. I've never been able to find organic version. And that scares me more than neem.

Mixed with soap {i use Castile soap} but you can use regular dish soap. Ratio about table spoon per gallon water, into sprayer and apply
I also put pure organic rosemary oil {has anti fungal and anti bacterial properties} and peppermint oil, great pest deterrent among other benefits.

Back
Top Bottom