Greenjeans Greenhouse HodgePodge Grow 2020

25 cents a piece does that go for me
OK - we may have to negotiate!!! My son said 1 cent and my wife volunteered the new price!!! How far from Lake Simcoe are you!!! I should have more faith in the Ladies but I haven't seen them for a couple of days - but - I have seen aphids!!! :laugh:

The cookie seed is a Blue Cookie strain.

this is what they say about it, from crop kings.

As you may already have guessed from the name, Blue Cookies is a cross between Blueberry and Girl Scout Cookies. It’s just as delicious as you’d expect but it’s not all about taste. There are plenty of medical benefits too.

Although Blue Cookies is actually Indica dominant, it has a fairly robust 20% THC which quickly produces an upbeat head high. The Indica genetics keep this happy and chilled rather than massively energy-packed. The pain-relief, however, is still very much what you’d expect. As the 0.3% CBD begins to make itself felt, you transition from serene happiness into deep metal and physical relaxation. Overall, we’d say this strain was best kept for use at night.

Blue Cookies has an indoor flowering time of about 9 weeks and an outdoor harvest period of around late September. While it’s a robust strain in general, it has the standard marijuana preference for warmth and dryness as well as light, so for growers towards the north of Europe, growing under glass might be a more sensible option than a proper outdoor grow. As a minimum, make sure you plant these seeds where they are sheltered from the elements.

The good news for both indoor and outdoor growers is that Blue Cookies stays nicely compact. You’re looking at a growing range of between about 1M (indoor minimum) to about 1.5M (outdoor maximum). Taking its compact size into consideration, Blue Cookies does give pretty decent yields. Indoor growers can expect up to 400g/m2 and outdoor growers can expect up to 550g/pp.

We’ve listed Blue Cookies as being moderately difficult to grow due to the fact that it’s a photoperiod strain. If you’re a total beginner and growing indoors, you might want to consider starting with an automatic strain so you can remove the need to manage light cycles from you’re learning curve. If, however, you’re comfortable managing lights, or growing outdoors, then Blue Cookies is a very undemanding strain.

In terms of taste and aroma, Blue Cookies is more about the blueberries than about the cookies. We’d actually be inclined to class this as a fruit strain, which just happens to have a base of cookie (or muffin) to give it some balance and body. The scent is definitely one of sweet, berries albeit with a hint of warm spiciness for interest. Another plus about this strain is that the smoke is very smooth so it generally goes down without coughing, or you could use it in a vaporizer.
Nice info! Thanks for that! I'm growing 1 right now. At 3 weeks, you can sure tell by leaf width that it is heavy indica and it is sure a pretty 1!

Hey Tangie - welcome!!! Not much going on around here - just trying to stay cool and stay ahead of the aphids. Here is a pic of L'il Cookie - she is starting to come along - she had a reeeaaaal slow start and I wasn't sure if she was going to do anything at all. In the group shot she is second from the left. She got topped at the fifth node and is starting to fill out - I had forgotten that it is an indica!!
cookie 6-20-20.jpg

girls 7-20-20.jpg

You can hardly see the 6th gal on the right - the potted plant in front got scrapped - they had revegged and went kinda funky soooo... Stevie Nicks and two other seedlings are in the greenhouse and doing OK. Stevie, as well as the three on the right are starting to flower so I hope that is a good sign. Seems way faster than last year according to the pics.
Oh Yeah, my furnace is coming along OK - masonry part is pretty well done so it will have time to cure before putting a bit of heat to it - Gawd I hope this works!!! Still a bit more welding to do and more "figurin' out" but making progress each day. There will be a 25" x 25" x 2" "tray" on top of this front part and then a 100 lb propane tank as a water reservoir that sits inside a 60 gal water tank that forms a sort of "chimney" - soooo if all this malarkey can heat up enough water to keep me and the plants as warm as the old furnace I'll be tickled pink!!
furnace.jpg

Nice info! Thanks for that! I'm growing 1 right now. At 3 weeks, you can sure tell by leaf width that it is heavy indica and it is sure a pretty 1!
Awesome!! I grew the blue cookie twice in my blue Angel journal. The first time in coco, and the second time in 100% worm castings mixed 50/50 with perlite. In my opinion, the best medium to grow in!!

the blue cookie wasn’t the most prize worthy of plants that I grew, nor was it the best yielder. But I sent some bud to Mr.GreenJeans and he really enjoyed it!

Hey Tangie - welcome!!! Not much going on around here - just trying to stay cool and stay ahead of the aphids. Here is a pic of L'il Cookie - she is starting to come along - she had a reeeaaaal slow start and I wasn't sure if she was going to do anything at all. In the group shot she is second from the left. She got topped at the fifth node and is starting to fill out - I had forgotten that it is an indica!!
cookie 6-20-20.jpg

girls 7-20-20.jpg

You can hardly see the 6th gal on the right - the potted plant in front got scrapped - they had revegged and went kinda funky soooo... Stevie Nicks and two other seedlings are in the greenhouse and doing OK. Stevie, as well as the three on the right are starting to flower so I hope that is a good sign. Seems way faster than last year according to the pics.
Oh Yeah, my furnace is coming along OK - masonry part is pretty well done so it will have time to cure before putting a bit of heat to it - Gawd I hope this works!!! Still a bit more welding to do and more "figurin' out" but making progress each day. There will be a 25" x 25" x 2" "tray" on top of this front part and then a 100 lb propane tank as a water reservoir that sits inside a 60 gal water tank that forms a sort of "chimney" - soooo if all this malarkey can heat up enough water to keep me and the plants as warm as the old furnace I'll be tickled pink!!
furnace.jpg
your plants are looking great GJ!! The Blue cookie sure took off ehh? She looks super healthy!!

I love the stove!! You did an amazing job! I hope it does exactly what you want it to do!!

I see your display picture face on the wall!! Lol

The Blue cookie sure took off ehh? She looks super healthy!!
Hey Back - Yeah, looks like she is coming around nicely - had to be real patient with her!!! I'm hoping to collect some pollen from my males back at the beaver damn and see if I can harvest some seeds as well. I'll try the same thing with Stevie Nicks as well. It will be interesting to see if my bags seed gals do better this year - so far they are looking much better than last year - but the proof is in the pudding!! I'll probably pollinate the best of that bunch as well - just for fun!!

Not much goin' on around here - everyone still stretching out - The Bag Lady - third from the left in group shot, looked like she had a few Naners so she promptly got relocated waaaay back in the bush. I have too damn many plants so no need to risk unplanned parenthood!!
L'il Cookie is bushing up nicely - I am not used to shortish bushy plants. Stevie Nicks is stretching up and out and showing flowers so we live in hope - I am trying "air rooting" on a couple of the very bottom branches just for fun.
I am seeing a few more lady bugs but they are not keeping up to the aphids.
Well, not much more here - so keep yer head down and stay healthy!!

Hey guys - Not much going on - plants stretching past the roof (again) - trying to keep aphids under control - furnace is getting closer to completion (Gaaaaawd, this has been a big, frustrating project)
Anyway, here's the gals, well, some of them...
gals 7-18-20.jpg

and L'il Cookie...she's beefing up pretty nice...
cookie 8-15-20.jpg

A quick question for youse...I see some growers prune a lot of undergrowth and leave maybe 6 branches with just tops - does that send the goodness to the remaining buds or what is the benefit, if any??? And should I do that with some of these??

Lookin good green jeans!!
Hope you and the family are doing well!!

The question you asked, the answer is yes. The technique is called “lollipoping”. It’s more utilized in an indoor grow where the light is directly above and stationary. Out side, the sun hits the plant at all different angles through out the day. So it’s not as important... but the theory there is, the bottom branches don’t mount to much anyways, so instead of the plant focusing it’s energy on those lower Larfy buds, it focuses all its energy on the tops that see the majority of the “sun”.

Hey Back - Not much going on here - Ongoing battle with the aphids!!! - I think I have created an immune species - my treatment of Murphy's Oil Soap and water is not 100% effective but I have added Listerine to the mix and that seems to make it more deadly. And I invented a spray bottle that works in the inverted position for getting the underside of leaves.
Finally Stevie Nicks has flowered - about damn time - everyone else is well under way and some now drooping from the weight of the buds. Not a lot of success with air rooting yet - one little gal from Stevie Nicks may get taken back to the beaver pond to be pollinated the old fashioned way.
I have moved L'il Cookie back into the greenhouse - She is really plumping up nicely - I really like the size of these Indicas - I'm hoping to pollinate a branch from her so as to have a hybred seed.
Hey - Good News on the furnace front!!! I have got to the firing up stage - chimney was a challenge - one ladder clamped to a second ladder to get to the top - no video of that - thank gawd!!! Once I got the plumbing all in place and water circulating, I have been running a reeeeaaaalllly small fire to get things dried out and cured. I will do this for about a week but even with the small fire it heated up a barrel of water fairly quickly - so - so far so good - I will now move on to the larger metal reservoir. I am using part of the old furnace outer shell for the tank and it will be heavy as hell and I didn't want to put the effort into that if nothing worked well.
Well, that's it for now...pics to follow...

The blue cookie is already a hybrid. 60/40 higher end indica. Pollinating it would be fun though!! Hopefully get some winners!!

glad to hear your furnace is getting wrapped up. A long time coming eh!? Lol too bad you didn’t have a video of the ladder ordeal:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom