Guyz vs Galz Grow Off

I'd suggest that once you are all set to start growing, you start a new thread, because the first 357 comments in this thread aren't actually about the grow so you've diluted your unique content before you've even started
You can then give it a title that better reflects the content
Just my tuppence [£neg]
:hookah:
This thread was created for ideas, extra information, and a general meeting area. For the g vs g

No reason to be sorry my friend! We knew there was going to be lots and lots of hub lub. So we needed a mutual planning area. For something that started as a small 💡 idea, has blossomed into a nice comparative event! Hopefully we put on a good show for everyone! I might even learn something!

If June first is too soon to start, speak up ya'll. I'm not sure where everyone is at with what they have going currently.
:battingeyelashes:
If someone has already dropped beans on or before June 1st, that shouldn't be any problem at all.

I'm going to be MIA the next couple of days, other than a quick check-in answer if needed.

This fun grow has lots of Mama's and Pappa's, so everyone's input is appreciated.
I started my banana girls a week after you and OG so, a little later would be good for me.
Honestly, a couple weeks would make my life easier but, I thinks it’s still doable if y’all wanna start on the first.

If I’m understanding correctly, we’re gonna have a main first post with the relevant info.. (strain,seed bank, team roster and brief guidelines. Then we will make an individual post detailing our grow style, media, nutes etc?
Maybe we could use a standardized copy paste format fill in the blank style framework for our details post. I think it would make it easy and clean.
I’m ok with that..

I think that this introduction is going to be too long and unwieldy unless the amount and delivery of the information is kept to some kind of brief format. Also, when and how should we update? How often and what level of detail do you want? Again, unless it is coordinated and kept brief, it will be difficult to navigate and follow. I think there should be a standard font rather than a mash up of different looks, this sort of thing.

Can we include proprietary photographs from the seedbanks websites?

Is this enough?

Grower: Carmen Ray
Medium: Revitalized used living organic soil
Indoor: It will not be possible to control the temperature and humidity of the grow space, so I try not to worry too much about that.
Lights: 2 x ViparSpectra XS 1500 Pro LEDs

Strain Info 1: Red Mimosa XL Auto (Sweet Seeds)
Indica leaning hybrid
Seed to harvest 8 weeks to 10 weeks
Reported Effects: Creativity, Stimulating, Happiness, Relaxing
Reported Flavour Profile: Fruity, Sweet, Citrus, Spices, Rocket, Orange, Walnut

Photo credit Sweet Seeds

red-mimosa-xl-auto.jpg

Strain Info 2: Blueberry Auto (Seedsman)
Indica leaning hybrid
Seed to harvest 8 to 10 weeks
Reported Effects: Relaxing, Euphoric, Calm, Focused, Creativity
Reported Flavour: Fruity, Sweet, Berry

Photo by me
DSC_7551-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

On timing. I would like to wet seeds on or before 1 June. I have to go away for a while in early September, so I need to finish up by then.

😅 why is this starting to sound more complicated than it needs to be? The format, guidelines, etc are all the same.....everyone gets the clout for the @'z .... And this is just friendly "competition" between fellow growers....no prizes...no contest nominations.....nothing on the line.... Just fun.

I don't see how this one would be any different than a normal grow journal except that we will all be updating in the same spot and not separate journals.

If I’m understanding correctly, we’re gonna have a main first post with the relevant info.. (strain,seed bank, team roster and brief guidelines. Then we will make an individual post detailing our grow style, media, nutes etc?
Maybe we could use a standardized copy paste format fill in the blank style framework for our details post. I think it would make it easy and clean.
I’m ok with that..
Yes to all of the first paragraph, and then use the format that Carmen just posted.
I'm okay with that format.

Updates done just like a regular journal.

😅 why is this starting to sound more complicated than it needs to be? The format, guidelines, etc are all the same.....everyone gets the clout for the @'z .... And this is just friendly "competition" between fellow growers....no prizes...no contest nominations.....nothing on the line.... Just fun.

I don't see how this one would be any different than a normal grow journal except that we will all be updating in the same spot and not separate journals.
Exactly.
We just needed to work out the kinks in how the first post will be and what would be in it. Then the photos and text information regarding SEO played in.

So, the first post will have the information about the grow and brief descriptions on the teams.
THEN each team member posts the detailed info on their grow in the format Carmen posted above.

Is that agreeable to all?

Oh, and use the word UPDATE first on our update posts of our grows during the fun, to make it easy for members to search the "meat" as PapaOG called it. LOL

I started my banana girls a week after you and OG so, a little later would be good for me.
Honestly, a couple weeks would make my life easier but, I thinks it’s still doable if y’all wanna start on the first.
I don't think a couple weeks is going to make much difference. Just mention that in your post on when yours will get wet. ;) In the meantime you can be the team cheerleader. :laugh:

Ok so just so I'm clear 😂... And to simplify it in my head.

First post all the main tags for seed banks, lighting, nutrients, etc...and 420 of course 😜....

Then included in introduction is teams, goal, guidelines, "our mission", etc

Then followed by what ever strain information we would like to provide.... preferably straight text and not screen shots so that the search engine can pick it up per 420's request 🙏 in separate posts provided by each team member.

Then get the ball rolling and seeds soaking.

And treat it like a normal grow journal until everyone's plants finish up and then get to the technical polls and other.....

???? Help a fellow growmie out 😂

I think the first post should be about the competition and the teams that have been chosen like an introduction to the fight .

Second post could be the duplicated information from the sponsors website all the text about each strain, Links to each site, so SEO is able to capture the information for searches.

Then we can each individual post in the format suggested by Carmen the short quick version with pictures of our strain.

Then game on.

Once a week updates, using

update (on the top)

Are we going to have a different format for updates ... Like...

Age/Stage:

Total age:

Stage:

Measurement:

All measurements are above Soil

Medium:

Pot Size:

Temperature:

Humidity:

Light:

Light Height:

Lighting schedule:

Watering:

Feeding:

Pest:

Deficiency:

Ok so just so I'm clear 😂... And to simplify it in my head.

First post all the main tags for seed banks, lighting, nutrients, etc...and 420 of course 😜....

Then included in introduction is teams, goal, guidelines, "our mission", etc

Then followed by what ever strain information we would like to provide.... preferably straight text and not screen shots so that the search engine can pick it up per 420's request 🙏 in separate posts provided by each team member.

Then get the ball rolling and seeds soaking.

And treat it like a normal grow journal until everyone's plants finish up and then get to the technical polls and other.....

???? Help a fellow growmie out 😂
The introduction is the first post. What we're doing, Teams, goal, guidelines and that there will be poll voting at the end with no prizes etc.

After the intro post, each member posts their grow information with your tags etc. and photo. Nutrients and such would go here too.
Look at the format Carmen posted above.

Just like that. We don't really need all of the excess information that the seedbanks list, just what she has there. Links to the strain in the post for members to click on will take them to deeper information on it.

As far as update, I don't think we need all of the info like you just posted PapaOG. Some people like to do it, but it makes the post really long. Just a short line about it being week yadda yadda is usually sufficient. Don't you think?
If you want to do that, feel free. :)

Yeah, we are all saying the same thing. The only thing that isn’t clear will be answered when we see your title post. Whatever you don’t include there, we will put in our introductory post.
If OG posts his intro first, we can copy paste it. Simple and done.
Updates should be simple growers choice. After all, that is what we will be using to sway votes in our favor.
I like the form structure for tidiness but, this is a fun comp grow not scientific documentation.

I don't think a couple weeks is going to make much difference. Just mention that in your post on when yours will get wet. ;) In the meantime you can be the team cheerleader. :laugh:
I think I can still go on time. If I do, I’m considering only doing one plant. Since I’m growing a saliva dominant strain, and I read they get leggy, I can go for a long veg and train one plant out to fill the whole tent. I think it’d be fun to try.

Ladies feel free to start the thread and get it posted. I will follow suit.

Wasn't really trying to be scientific. Just trying to compare in the comparative grow. I figured it would be nice for others to know how we are getting the results were showing/comparing.

Ladies feel free to start the thread and get it posted. I will follow suit.

Wasn't really trying to be scientific. Just trying to compare in the comparative grow. I figured it would be nice for others to know how we are getting the results were are showing/comparing.
Feel free to do that with yours Papa! You're a scientific kinda guy. :cheer: Just didn't want everyone to feel it was required. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom