Home Depot Nutrient Finds

yea just 1 part why do u have 2 mix isn't FFBB bet than plain water (ph 6.5)

I'd have to guess that almost any fertilizer would be better than plain water (even MG). Not too many nutrients in H2O.

As for why the question about just the Big Bloom? Are you growing in soil or hydro? Are you vegging or flowering?

Assuming that you are growing in soil and flowering... I have not used their fertilizer products before but on their web site under Big Bloom, they state:

For bumper crops and prize-winning blooms, try our Liquid Nutrient Trio Formulas for use in soil and hydroponic systems.
And their feeding schedule lists (at various times) all of the following for soil/flowering:

• Grow Big
  • Tiger Bloom
  • Big Bloom
  • Open Sesame
  • Beastie Bloomz
  • Cha Ching

And the soil chart also states:
Use FoxFarm Big Bloom™ in conjunction with other FoxFarm nutrients to relieve plant stress, unlock unwanted salt bonds and allow for increased nutritional flow. Note: In Coco this process is especially helpful, as Coco has a tendency to retain mineral salt build-up.
The bold highlighting is mine, BTW to point out that text. And like I stated, I have not personally used their fertilizers, so I can't say one way or the other whether all of those products are necessary for the best harvest. Perhaps someone who does use them can chime in?

using FFOF SOIL blooming 4 about 10 days (12/12) and wanted 2 use some sort of blooming nutrients 4 better end results....... i had the plants in veg 4 30days b4 i switched (12 /12) cycle if matters

Okay so I was at Lowes the other day and found some usefull nutes and additives.

Espoma makes:

Holly Tone; An organic plant food for acidic loving plants with a nute rating of 4-3-3 it is $10 for 8lbs.

Plant Tone; A plant food made purely for organic gardeners growing Flower, Tree, Vegies, and Shrubs With a nute rating of 5-3-3 & is $10 for 10lbs.

Organic Traditions Garden Sulfer; A garden Sulfer additive. Made with organic sulfer and is $9 for 5lbs. It is granulated not powder though...

Bio-Tone: An organic transplant starter to promote root growth. A 4lbs bag is $8 dollors.

These products are time released products made to release over a 90 day period. Thay are also all currently in stock at all the Lows in my area and online.

They are time released products but could be used in moderation and or for long lasting mothers.

most home depots will have full lines of Schultz plant foods(both in liuid and water soluble form)

the main good liquid ones are
all purpose 10-15-10
african violet 8-14-9
cacti blend 2-7-7

now just by looking at the variations in numbers you can get a fairly solid veg or bloom mix going. i dont kknow what any of these contain for macro nutrients tho.

all of these are usually near the household plants and pots and go for ~$5 for a 4oz bottle
:nicethread:

yeah i used it on my first grow outdoors and noticed that they responded really well to it

this was before i knew about flower vs veg nute schedules or anything like that. i just knew mmy plants woud do better with food.

im sure if you use a schedule with it yours will do even better

Hey troop, I have been using this since day 11? or 14 of my grow. I did a tsp. to a gallon. I am not sure how to do the math of the nutes going in but it is cut down considerably, I think. When I transplanted out doors I used it full strength, about a month after the first feeding. That would be one tbs. per gallon, I only used half of that gallon I don't know really if I should use this now that I see that ff is 6-4-4 and this stuff is allot higher. Will you please look at the products that I have also and give me a thumbs up or down on 'em. I would appreciate any help. I, like others go to hd because I would have to drive like 50 miles to the nearest hydro place.

05013.JPG

:thanks:

:rollit::smokin:1 got the MG blue powered kind. its 24-10 -12. I only use a little.half a teaspoon per gallon. I also use fish emultion 2-4-0 liquid and Neptunes seaweed fertilizer. kelp

Props to the contributors of this thread

I'm currently in a pinch financially and spent too much on things I didnt really need when I set up my grow area.

I currently have just two plants from clone to veg for about 2 weeks now. Both 6" tall, one White Widow and one Deep Chunk x Strawberry cough. The were in rockwool with about 1" of root showing from various sides. I put them in Fox Farms Forest Soil after a day because it seemed like it had everything in a pinch to keep them going. SO we are finishing week 2 in the soil (will upload pics later tonight and start a grow journal). I have about half of my hydro setup for future plants.

They are on 18/6, T5 GE 54w 6500k double bulb fixture and (4) GE 23w 6500k CF's on the sides.

The are doing much better under the T5's (added 3 days ago, previously, just had the 4 lights over the top).

Going to experiment with low doses of some of the additions here to promote growth over another two weeks and hopefully into the flower room.

Thanks again posters, heading to my local HD now to see what they have. :nicethread::bump:

found something new at my local HD!

i think it was around $7.50 for 1 quart

"Alaska Fish Fertilizer"
(Natural Organic Based Fish Fertilizer)
- All purpose deoderized fish emulsion
- Use on all indoor and outdoor plants
- Won't burn

5-1-1

Nitrogen (N)..........5.0%
0.50% Ammonical Nitrogen
3.75% Other Water Soluble Nitrogen
0.75% Water Insoluble Nitrogen

Available Phosphate (P2O5)..........1.0%

Soluble Potash (K2O)..........1.0%

Derived from seagoing fish emulsions
* 0.75% slowly available nitrogen from seagoing fish emulsion.

guaranteed by 'LILLY MILLER BRANDS'

now how would go about combining the miracle grow and the fish then feeding it to the plants?

Back
Top Bottom