I Want To Be The Very Best - First Grow!

Happy new year my friend!! Have a wonderful start to your year!! ;)

Hey Tickledwizard, hope you have a great start to the New Year today!

Just out of curiosity here, how many inches deep of soil are the plants in? I'm wondering on the root bound possibility as well. And does each plant have it's own pot to grow in? It looks like you have two in one container? Pardon if I'm seeing that wrong. I can't really tell from the pics what kind of pots they are in now and how much soil.
:)

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Thank you all so much for the replies. I believe the great mystery has been solved and everyone is correct in their diagnosis. Read my update to learn why. Haha.

Cannafan, I looked at that chart and noticed my plants looked N and Mg (I think) deficient. Both of these couldn't be used by the plants in High pH soil. Thank you.

King John, I gave nutrients to the plant in the form of a dry fertilizer. Unfortunately, I am a silly man who did not realize I was supposed to mix it in with the soil before planting the seeds. I guess I was thinking it would dissolve with the water... So i didn't read the directions.... I have since looked more into nutrients and found nice growing liquid fertilizers with more nutrients than the big 3. Also, the liquid fertilizers work the way I imagined the dry one did.

OK.. if you're still with me in the story, then you are in for a treat. I make a more stupid discovery.

To everyone who said the roots were root-bounded, to everyone who said I needed a pH tester, to everyone who said my soil looked "barky"... You were all right. My roommate has an old bag of Miracle Grow soil mix that I used to transplant the plants. And by old I mean OOLLLDDDDD. It was so brown and dry. My new bag (which was 2ft away from this evil Old bag) is dark and moist and dare I say... delicious looking? In the last picture I posted you can even see the different coloration of the original soil and the Old brown stuff.

The roots had not extended at all into the Old brown soil and were easily retransplanted.

Today I got some goodies at Lowes. A timer for the lights, some planting containers, and a digital temp/humidity.

I finished lining the inside of my grow box and I promise to update tomorrow with pictures and how the plants are doing in their new home.

I really appreciate the help everyone.

Stay High my friends

:passitleft:

P.S. KingJohn,

I plan on adding some growing nutrients tomorrow. I will post the brand and ingredients tomorrow in my update. I will do it at 1/4 strength.

Watch it with that miracle gro. It's very hot.

So I purchased more miracle grow to top off the pot containing Daphne. I also have pictures of the new setup.

KingJohn, the fertilizer I got was Grow & Gain 10-10-5 with micro nutrients. I took a picture of the bottle.

I diluted it to only half strength because I thought the plants could really use it... maybe I'm wrong?

Speaking of the plants, they are doing much better since I moved them from the evil soil. The new bucket has a lot of drainage holes and holes no the side for aeration of the soil.

Also in the pictures you can see Scooby ( who I gave to my gf) and he is just doing his thing... So no feedback needed saying growing a plant sideways isn't the most effective method for high yielding bud. tehehehe

Stay High my Friends,

TickledWizard

TickledWizard
If your using a Droid phone it keeps 2 copies of each photo. upload the ones title IMG & not the ones under thumbnail. You,ll get full size pics.

Awww, I am using a Canon Rebel. I believe it does take 2 pics and one of them might be a thumbnail. I'll pay attention

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom