In The Lab

Just curious if anyone else has got a batch of promix hp that is seriously lacking in the perlite department? This bail had almost none. I didn't think about the possibility that the rest of it is messed up when I was mixing it I figured I could add perlite easily enough but now I am wondering if its even more messed up then that. Its always something with me I swear...

IMAG06528.jpg

I haven't had that problem before....I'll bet it works just fine.

Doc, what strains tend to be more salt loving?

It's hard to say for sure....but generally if it turns out really good in hydro it's a salt lover. I can only say with certainty that OG Kush, the SFV and Tahoe cuts (haven't grown Larry) are definitely salt lovers. I suspect something like Green Crack and possibly GDP would also fit the description....but I'm just guessing.

OG grows into a gorgeous plant in High Brix....but it doesn't come out like OG unless you dumb down the soil....or develop an OG drench. Work on the latter has stopped for another few weeks till my house is through escrow and I get moved in to a new place. I've just got too much going on right at this minute. Hopefully by Christmas I'll at least have something we can experiment with!

Doc,

I am going to be doing only 4 plants in 7gl fabric pots. And I need nowhere near a quart of foliar right now.

So;
1oz of Stress or Brix = 30ml and for easy math lets say a quart is 30oz instead of 32.
That comes out to 1ml per oz of water.

So if I am only mixing up lets say 8oz of water to spray, I add 8ml Stress?

Is this right, or should I be reducing the strength since it is for only 4 plants instead of 6?

And since you were mentioning OG Kush above, I thought I'd mention it is in both of the TH Seeds strains I will be growing.
Strains will be
TH Seeds - Underdawg (OG Kush x Sour Diesel) and UltraSour (MK Ultra [G13xOG Kush] X Sour Diesel)
Barneys - Vanilla Kush (Kashmir x Hindu Kush)
Dinafem - Dinachem (Chemdwag)

Doc,

I am going to be doing only 4 plants in 7gl fabric pots. And I need nowhere near a quart of foliar right now.

So;
1oz of Stress or Brix = 30ml and for easy math lets say a quart is 30oz instead of 32.

Is this right, or should I be reducing the strength since it is for only 4 plants instead of 6?

And since you were mentioning OG Kush above, I thought I'd mention it is in both of the TH Seeds strains I will be growing.
Strains will be
TH Seeds - Underdawg (OG Kush x Sour Diesel) and UltraSour (MK Ultra [G13xOG Kush] X Sour Diesel)

You could do that, but I'd just go with 1/4 oz per cup of water. Save the De Stress in the fridge....use all the Brix.

So, with those strains you're gonna want to do the following:

1. top dress with a pinch of K-mag. If you haven't got that, Epsom Salt will help. 2 tbsp. top dressed every couple weeks will do it if you're top watering.

2. Use the Cat Drench 3 times in a row during week 3 or 4.....and use it again during week 6.

3. Feed on the heavy side.

Doc,

So;

Strains will be

Once I realized it was 1ml per 1oz for the sprays life got much easier. You wouldn't reduce the strength for less plants just mix up less spray if you don't need as much. I do 2 oz and 2ml each time in a little eye glass spray bottle that puts out a very fine mist and its small so it doesn't require lots of wasted liquid just to get the bottle to work. Someone else recommended these bottles a few pages back and I really like them for smaller plants.

All drenches are used at 1/2 oz per 6 plants as a "starter" dose. Salt lovers might benefit from using a bit more.

Many of us are adding 1/4 oz transplant at each watering in addition to whatever drench we're using.

Doc, Are you using the dilute transplant between drenches only or also in combination with them?

Doc

I'm sure its a repeat question, but is there a preferred time to foliar? Before or after lights come on?

update to my 4 plants
the UnderdawgOG and Ultrasour with OG in them are like twins and healthy as can be loving the kit.
The Vanilla Kush has a bad case of the claw
And the Dinachem was real pale, a few brown spots, 2 days after stress, look much better.

Doc

I'm sure its a repeat question, but is there a preferred time to foliar? Before or after lights come on?

update to my 4 plants
the UnderdawgOG and Ultrasour with OG in them are like twins and healthy as can be loving the kit.
The Vanilla Kush has a bad case of the claw
And the Dinachem was real pale, a few brown spots, 2 days after stress, look much better.

I do it when the mood strikes bro, I honestly have not seen any significant change to say either is better. I've tried it every way I could think of. Whenever...Is the best time. Just try to do it weekly and be happy :)

Ps. I really, really liked the underdawg og ;)

Doc

is there benefit or harm in cooking the soil real hot, not necessarily just brix soil, but my used supersoil for instance?

I have it in a hot garage right now and its eating up leaf like a garbage disposal.

And I have another bag in a black plastic bag and was thinking about putting it outside to absorb the sun and get even hotter. And would doing so make the high temps kill the remaining gnats.

Doc

is there benefit or harm in cooking the soil real hot, not necessarily just brix soil, but my used supersoil for instance?

I have it in a hot garage right now and its eating up leaf like a garbage disposal.

And I have another bag in a black plastic bag and was thinking about putting it outside to absorb the sun and get even hotter. And would doing so make the high temps kill the remaining gnats.

Too hot will create pathogens. So be careful there. But if you're eating leaves up in 3 days, you're in the zone. Whatever the conditions are in that gargage are good....so why change them?

A simple question and email didn't seem to hard to me..... come on now guy does all this for us and you find it hard to ask a question on a forum? Just read a little.e his email and how to purchase a kit have been asked a million times. Membership@cannapharms.com

Crzy, if you don't have 50 posts, then its not easy. I got a reply from Doc yesterday. It went to my email address. It stated in bold letters at the top, Do Not Reply to this email, but gave a link to 420s mail. I go to 420s email and type out a reply to Doc's email and guess what, I says I can't reply to this email because I don't have 50 posts. Nothin simple about 420's email apparently.

As for reading, I have been. These BRIX threads of Docs are huge. 50 to 300 pages! A lot of great information, granted, but its also clear that most of these replies are just people trying to get their 50, so they can participate in emails (how many replies just say Subbed!?).
Cant say I blame them.

I hope your above email is useful, thank you, as cannapharms.com just comes up with a GoDaddy parked page.

If this is a hobby for Doc, then fine, do it any way he wants to… but if this is a business, then Doc needs to be Available For Communication. Which means not on a forum with a 50 post limit to said communications.

Crzy, if you don't have 50 posts, then its not easy. I got a reply from Doc yesterday. It went to my email address. It stated in bold letters at the top, Do Not Reply to this email, but gave a link to 420s mail. I go to 420s email and type out a reply to Doc's email and guess what, I says I can't reply to this email because I don't have 50 posts. Nothin simple about 420's email apparently.

As for reading, I have been. These BRIX threads of Docs are huge. 50 to 300 pages! A lot of great information, granted, but its also clear that most of these replies are just people trying to get their 50, so they can participate in emails (how many replies just say Subbed!?).
Cant say I blame them.

I hope your above email is useful, thank you, as cannapharms.com just comes up with a GoDaddy parked page.

If this is a hobby for Doc, then fine, do it any way he wants to… but if this is a business, then Doc needs to be Available For Communication. Which means not on a forum with a 50 post limit to said communications.

The Doc is a very busy man. Hes very generous too! :) Hes busy with Life; Family, work, hobbies, educator, etc. hes getting the biz website up and going, and wants to do it right. Just like he grows his girls...
We all went through the min 50 posts to get to pm others.

And instead of posting about your frustrations all over a new forum that you're not familiar with, a second email to Doc would probably be more effective.

The limitations for new posters are fairly typical of forums, since we want to weed out the people who aren't really interested in contributing. Doc has another business that requires his attention, unlike a lot of us loadies, as well as being particularly busy right now with yet other demands on his time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

A few days shouldn't make or break anything. The kit is well worth it. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom