Incogn1to's First Grow: Dark Devil, Gelato & Cheese Autos In Coco, 2019

Not much to report, but thought I'd upload some pics since the last post was just pics of the light and tent.

Currently feeding at ~500ppm. Temps are between 70° and 80° and RH between 45% and 50%

They're pretty much just green blobs at this point. I've been training SG for about a week, and this morning after watering I said "fuck it" and decided to bend Cheese over as well. But very gently, as she's quite thick. :yummy:

I think I'll try and rig up a watering system, it's not that big of an issue right now, but If I ever want to run 4 at the same time, it'll definitely help. I was thinking a submersible pump, a coil/spring hose and a watering wand. Now that I'm saying it out loud, sounds a bit overkill. :lot-o-toke:

Another option I've been looking at is the flora flex caps, you just sorta sit them on top of the pot, and put your water into them, and they dip/drain through a bunch of holes. They look pretty cool, a bit expensive for a couple pieces of plastic, but way cheaper than a 1/2hp pump. Also, I can reuse them if I want to set up some automation for the next grow. Yes. I'm already thinking about the next one!

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5910.JPG

IMG_5911.JPG

IMG_5912.JPG

IMG_5913.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

Haven't posted much as nothing really happening. They're getting bushier and the training is keeping them low. Most of the branches have reached the rim of the pot, so I haven't really been keeping up on the training. It's already hard enough to water them seeing as how the first nodes are so close to the coco. I actually ended up taking off the first set of leaves on Cheese because they didn't look like much and were really getting in the way.

I'm still thinking about a better way to water. I've been looking around for a new watering can as my current one has a huge shower head and doesn't fit very well, and when I take the shower head off it's like a fire hose and I end up with craters in the coco and roots showing. Any suggestions?

Starting to think about some extra lighting to cover where my current light does not. It's probably not necessary for just these two plants, but if I want to run my max of 4 in there it'll be a requirement. Seeing as how my current light is good for 4x4 veg, 3x3 for flower, I'm thinking about possibly two 100w COB pendants, or maybe two QBs, and lastly, the manufacturer of my light makes another version but instead of 4 cobs it's only two. Lots to consider here. I do like the passive cooling on the pendant COBs and QBs, since adding some more lights will mean I'm approaching a safe working load of my outlet. Luckily it's an unfinished basement and the panel is close by, I might have someone come put in a dedicated 20A just for my tent.

Yesterday
IMG_5975.JPG

Today
IMG_5981.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5977.JPG
    IMG_5977.JPG
    709.3 KB · Views: 42
I had the shower head watering can too, so until I found one with a long neck and single spout I used a large water bottle with a hole poked into the cap.

Awesome, thanks guys! Looking around the house I found one of my wife's that looks similar to the one in the photo @Sctanley007 posted. It's not very big, it maybe holds 1.5L at most, but I'll make it work. Both plants are taking around 2.5L before seeing around 15% runoff, so this will actually allow me to take a break and let them breath a bit while refilling.

One interesting thing I ran into the other day; I had just returned home from the water depot to refill my RO bottles. I mixed up about 14L of water and nutes to 500ppm. I did take note that the water was still very cold, as my PH meter said it was 62°F. The next morning I stirred, PHd and checked the PPM as I usually do before I feed, and noticed the PPM up around 575. I didn't spend the extra money on an EC meter that can sense temperature and adjust automatically, so I guess the temperature of the water threw off the EC reading. Good to know for next time, and my fault for procrastinating and not refilling my bottles sooner.

Day 36

I can't believe it's only day 36, seems like forever since I planted them. Both plants are starting to produce flowers, SG is definitely ahead in that department though. Both have nice lush canopies and are starting to spread their wings. Temps are stable, but RH might be getting a bit high at around 60-62% while the lights are off. I'm still watering @ 550ppm as they haven't told me they prefer something else. To break that down it's 165ppm cal-mag and 385ppm combined Canna A/B.

I did trim some of the lower fan leaves, the ones that were just hanging down the side of the pot and not really getting hit by the light. Also took a couple of branches from the lowest node as they were tiny and just getting overshadowed by everything above them.

Still looking into some extra lighting. Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger and get a couple QBs from alibaba or 2 100w COBs from RapidLED. Decisions, decisions...

Nov 26th
IMG_5994.JPG
IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_5995.JPG

IMG_5996.JPG

IMG_5997.JPG

Day 41

Been busy with life and haven't really had a chance to post. The girls are starting to stretch, and SG has decided that she's not happy with her current level of feed. At least I hope that's what it is. I'm mixing up this weeks feed and will bump her up 25% and see if that does the trick.

IMG_6020.JPG
IMG_6021.JPG
IMG_6022.JPG

Managed to control my clicks during the black friday sales and didn't order any new lights. Still trying to decide between the Phantom 1XL, Rapid LED, and 3-up DIY kit from ChilLED. I did pick up a heater at crappy tire to try and control the humidity during lights off, but the thermostat on the thing is a piece of shit. It gets to a set temperature and turns off, then never turns back on again. I'm also questioning whether I should be using heat to control humidity, rather than a dehumidifier. Let me know your thoughts.

Some pics from yesterday.

IMG_6029.JPG

SG
IMG_6025.JPG

Cheese
IMG_6026.JPG
IMG_6027.JPG
IMG_6028.JPG

So, I went down tonight to water and was doing a bit of leaf tucking, when I noticed these. Has my female turned into a hermie? :hmmmm: Looking at some pictures here and there It appears so. Definitely didn't notice these yesterday when I watered yesterday.

IMG_6031.JPG
IMG_6033.JPG
IMG_6034.JPG

So, I went down tonight to water and was doing a bit of leaf tucking, when I noticed these. Has my female turned into a hermie? :hmmmm: Looking at some pictures here and there It appears so. Definitely didn't notice these yesterday when I watered yesterday.

IMG_6031.JPG
IMG_6033.JPG
IMG_6034.JPG
Mate can you circle where u think u see male flowers ? I see nothing but female but I don’t have the best eyesight

Lights with a heavier blue hue to it, is good for veg, lights with a heavier red hue to it, is good for flower. Your looks like a full spectrum light so, having both should be fine. I had one full spectrum light and a small light running side by side in my tent. The small light was a new addition I just threw in to help. It has a heavy blue hue to it, and It caused my plant to herm and grow bananas.

I’ll sit in on this one if you don’t mind!
:popcorn:

Lights with a heavier blue hue to it, is good for veg, lights with a heavier red hue to it, is good for flower. Your looks like a full spectrum light so, having both should be fine. I had one full spectrum light and a small light running side by side in my tent. The small light was a new addition I just threw in to help. It has a heavy blue hue to it, and It caused my plant to herm and grow bananas.

I’ll sit in on this one if you don’t mind!
:popcorn:

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Welcome aboard!

You say your going to the states for work. Are you In Canada?

Yes, from Canada.

Ooof. It's been a minute! Between holiday related stuff, trying to wrap up work before 2 weeks of PTO, and the embarrassing state of my plants, I haven't gotten around to posting lately.

Both of them seem to be back on track. They've both seen some shit the last few weeks. SG seems to be back on track, and will hopefully finish up nicely. It really bothers me that, in the end, I still don't know exactly what the root cause was. She was showing signs of mag def, and possibly copper def, and even looked like N tox for a bit? I don't know. I tried boosting cal-mag, boosting A/B, cutting A/B, etc. In the end I switched to tap water and replaced cal-mag+ with calimagic @ .33ml/L. This is what stopped the spread of yellowing between the veins. I did do some damage via nute burn during all of this, but she's back on track now. Figuring she's still got another month left.

Cheese was showing some general N def for a bit, but I think I've got that under control as well, and it doesn't appear to be spreading. I can't believe how big this plant is. Honestly, the thing is almost 1m diameter. She's a bit behind the gelato, still 90% white pistils.

I'll need to decide what I'm going to do about drying SG as she'll be done quite a while before the Cheese. I'm thinking about buying a 5x5 tent for my next grow, so maybe I'll reserve the 4x4 for drying.

Anyways, I'm on holidays for a couple weeks now, so I'll try and post more frequently.

SG
IMG_6154.JPG

IMG_6155.JPG

IMG_6158.JPG

IMG_6159.JPG

Cheese

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6156.JPG

IMG_6157.JPG

Back
Top Bottom