Indoor Durban Poison In Soil, First Time Grower

They are looking good @Canuckush, are you leaving a dome or cover over them to keep humidity high?
For those roots to push through you'll need constant humidity :ganjamon:
Yes I leave the dome on top all the time except for about 10 minutes a day, I've been misting the jiffy pods daily and they've been getting a mixture of light and sunshine and about 6 hours of darkness, not complete darkness at the moment though, I also mist the dome daily.

I came across this in a hardware store, it says it's for softwood and hardwood cuttings, I wonder if it'll work? Too late to try?

20190517_204213(1).jpg
20190517_204205(1).jpg

That definitely will help, add it to your spray bottle when spraying you jiffy pads, it will promote root growth :yummy:

That definitely will help, add it to your spray bottle when spraying you jiffy pads, it will promote root growth :yummy:
Ok, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Well, to my surprise our local hardware store put out bricks of Coconut Coir this week in the garden section, I'm curious about this medium and was thinking of trying it for the DP cuts, any pointers on its usage?
If its fairly similar to soil in regards to nutes and such I may give it a go, but if there is more to it then I may grab a bag of Pro mix instead.

Hey @Canuckush :ganjamon:I have played around with Coco coir a bit. It dries out much faster than soil so you’ll need to water it more often. I found root growth was faster in coco, but I also found coco is more prone to mold than general soil. It is like growing hydro.
I love growing with soil but I do feel we should all try out all these different growing mediums as we’ve all got different growing style’s. Coco coir is rather cheap too :yummy:

@irie lion I see some just use a mixture of coco/perlite, 50/50, and basically use what ever nutes you want? No special nutes for coco?

@irie lion I see some just use a mixture of coco/perlite, 50/50, and basically use what ever nutes you want? No special nutes for coco?
Yes as far as i know that's right. But i can imagine that it would dry out even faster with a 50/50 mix with perlite. :yummy:

Yes as far as i know that's right. But i can imagine that it would dry out even faster with a 50/50 mix with perlite. :yummy:
Ok, so I'll try straight coco as my first attempt at cloning these dp.
Thanks!
Happy growing!

Clone update, the 2 that I separated from the broken top have survived and the other 2 had died. They will be planted and I'll start another journal for those seeing they are in a different medium.
20190602_145017(1).jpg

The girls are looking great! :bravo: It’s funny how some strains stretch 2-3 times their size and others don’t stretch much. Clones are looking healthy :yummy:

The girls are looking great! :bravo: It’s funny how some strains stretch 2-3 times their size and others don’t stretch much. Clones are looking healthy :yummy:
Thank you, splitting the top was a great idea and they're the only 2 to survive. I started a new journal for those 2, swing over and check it out.

Hey man. Just a tip for those pellets you used for your clone. Next time try tear (gently )the mesh from the outside of the pellets when you are squeezing and moulding the pellet around your cut. If you Have the correct moisture level in the pellet it will mould nicely around your cut giving a nice snug fit. I find it's easier to spot the roots popping out. Also easier to handle (imho) as there is no gause to snag my roots. If the rooter pellet crumbles or falls apart the moisture content is incorrect and your chances of success are reduced. Again just what I do so use it or lose it. Otherwise garden is looking lush and healthy. Cool vibes

Hey man. Just a tip for those pellets you used for your clone. Next time try tear (gently )the mesh from the outside of the pellets when you are squeezing and moulding the pellet around your cut. If you Have the correct moisture level in the pellet it will mould nicely around your cut giving a nice snug fit. I find it's easier to spot the roots popping out. Also easier to handle (imho) as there is no gause to snag my roots. If the rooter pellet crumbles or falls apart the moisture content is incorrect and your chances of success are reduced. Again just what I do so use it or lose it. Otherwise garden is looking lush and healthy. Cool vibes
Thanks, something I'll try next time around, those 2 that died a floppy pot seemed to be a problem, I kept giving them a bit of a squeeze but never thought of molding them, thanks again!

Plants are looking great @Canuckush, they've got a great shade of green to them. Looking real healthy :yummy: Good to see them pushing some pistils!

Plants are looking great @Canuckush, they've got a great shade of green to them. Looking real healthy :yummy: Good to see them pushing some pistils!
Hey thanks, I'm a bit worried with the progress, impatient really. Being a first grow I'm not certain of what's on time or not in regards to flowering plants. I'm thinking that all of the accidents in veg really effected the progress. Live and learn.

Happy growing!

Hey thanks, I'm a bit worried with the progress, impatient really. Being a first grow I'm not certain of what's on time or not in regards to flowering plants. I'm thinking that all of the accidents in veg really effected the progress. Live and learn.

Happy growing!

They look pretty good now and thankfully our ladies can bounce back if we don't thrash them too hard. Just take things slow and your patience well pay off!

Sometimes I put on my sunglasses and just stare for an hour or two lol my poor little dog gets angry at me but sometimes I catch her bathing in the rays of the LED! I have to shew her away for fear of Uv Light damage haha

Back
Top Bottom