Indoor Durban Poison In Soil, First Time Grower

They look pretty good now and thankfully our ladies can bounce back if we don't thrash them too hard. Just take things slow and your patience well pay off!

Sometimes I put on my sunglasses and just stare for an hour or two lol my poor little dog gets angry at me but sometimes I catch her bathing in the rays of the LED! I have to shew her away for fear of Uv Light damage haha
Haha yeah, our dog just wanders past, gives it a smell and walks away. Luckily he doesn't try eat any of my plants and my other house plants.

I'm using led full spectrum daylight bulbs in brooder lamps, should I add in the t5 to add some extra light while these are in flowering?

I believe any extra light helps hey. You're using full spectrum lighting so you do not need to add the t5 if you do not want to, it will not make the biggest difference. :rollit:

I believe any extra light helps hey. You're using full spectrum lighting so you do not need to add the t5 if you do not want to, it will not make the biggest difference. :rollit:
Ok, wasn't exactly sure since I haven't used any type of grow lights before, thanks!

Each plant is showing some discoloration on the tips, average temperature is about 22 degrees, I've been able to keep the day time humidity about 65 % but at night it hits 75%! The ph on all 4 is at 7.

20190610_114103.jpg
20190610_114039_HDR.jpg

Working on a cardboard solution to get a fan venting the closet during the dark period since I don't have a proper tent yet. Hopefully that'll keep the humidity down.

Hey @Canuckush your burnt tips are from nute 'burn'. You're all good - just cut back on the nutrient solution a bit next round of feeding. :yummy: It's just the plant showing you that it was a lil more nutes than it needed at the time.

Hey @Canuckush your burnt tips are from nute 'burn'. You're all good - just cut back on the nutrient solution a bit next round of feeding. :yummy: It's just the plant showing you that it was a lil more nutes than it needed at the time.
Ah ok, now the problem I see in hindsight, I used U-Cann abundant bloom top dress nutrients, a soil amendment. Which is what was readily available in town, should I stay with the top dress every 2 weeks or switch to a different nutrients feed that I'll have to order on line?

Your plants general health is great, so i'd stick with what you got and you can keep with top dressing the soil, just go with half of the dose you did before. The plant is not showing you that it does not like the addition of the soil amendment, it is just showing you that it received a bit more than it can handle. So decrease the amounts and she'll be happy.
Don't worry about nute burn i see it with every single grow i do - each strain can uptake different amounts of nutrients and therefor when i grow a new strain i 'push' the feedings until i see burnt leave tips, then i cut back a bit just so they receive the right amount to push them to the max. :yummy:

Your plants general health is great, so i'd stick with what you got and you can keep with top dressing the soil, just go with half of the dose you did before. The plant is not showing you that it does not like the addition of the soil amendment, it is just showing you that it received a bit more than it can handle. So decrease the amounts and she'll be happy.
Don't worry about nute burn i see it with every single grow i do - each strain can uptake different amounts of nutrients and therefor when i grow a new strain i 'push' the feedings until i see burnt leave tips, then i cut back a bit just so they receive the right amount to push them to the max. :yummy:
Ok, that's a good approach, thank you once again!

Happy growing!

Weekend update on the 4 ladies, overhead shots, 93 days, 26th day in flowering, just twiddling my thumbs, waiting.
20190615_131445.jpg
20190615_131435.jpg
20190615_131413.jpg
20190615_131400_HDR.jpg

A close up of each plant, still twiddling my thumbs, waiting, forever waiting. What am I supposed to do now? Just sit in the closet, waiting, taking pictures?
20190615_130854.jpg
20190615_130844.jpg
20190615_130834.jpg
20190615_130804.jpg

Nice shots @Canuckush, they’re looking great :ganjamon: It’s a waiting game now :morenutes:

Nice shots @Canuckush, they’re looking great :ganjamon: It’s a waiting game now :morenutes:
Thanks Irie and yes a long game it is, just pulling up my little stool to sit on and stare at the ladies, see if I can see any growth, counting fan leaves, possible bud sites, then head out to work.

I was originally just going to ask about defoliation during flowering, but other issues are constantly happening, due to the construction that lasted over a month and now inspections my 12/12 light schedule has been a mess, these girls are hardly getting 12 of darkness, some times 10.5 or 11 hours of darkness this past week or so, I'm seriously considering giving all of these away before they go to waste.
Now my question on defoliation, this is the runt if the 4, she hasn't grown much, about 10 inches tall, see how the secondary canopy is, should I just trim that all off and lollypop this girl?
20190618_103454(1).jpg

Sorry about the problems messing with your light schedule bro. Hope you can keep them! I think you’re on the right track on the trimming, I’d trim all that bottom growth and concentrate the plants energy towards the top growth :ganjamon:

Sorry about the problems messing with your light schedule bro. Hope you can keep them! I think you’re on the right track on the trimming, I’d trim all that bottom growth and concentrate the plants energy towards the top growth :ganjamon:
Thanks Irie, is there a point in time when it's not ok to defoliate in flower, say past the halfway point of the estimated flowering time? And just trim fan leaves? I'm guessing that if there are any bud sites that don't get a chance to receive some light just nip it off.

is there a point in time when it's not ok to defoliate in flower
I usually avoid trimming / defoliating during the stretch period (from day of flip to 12/12 up until about day 21) as it can cause your stretch to slow down or be stunted.
So i let the plant stretch out and then around day 17- 21 it will focus all it's energy on flower production then i start removing leaves here and then 2 or 3 every day. I try not to do a session where i pull off more than 10 off one plant at a time to avoid stressing the plant so rather try space it out. :smokin:
I'm guessing that if there are any bud sites that don't get a chance to receive some light just nip it off.
Definitely! They won't gain much weight to them so i snip off anything that will not get much light and rather have the plant focus that energy to filling out your nugs up top :ganjamon::morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom