Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

burdok420

Hello there,

I've waited for what seems like ages to start typing this, but we're here now and without further adieu I'd like to welcome you to my first ever grow journal.

A little about me:
This isn't my first grow. I've grown a few different autos using soil and cfls and hps, but never with an LED or coco. So this is new and exciting for me. I grew some very tasty flowers in the past so my intention for this grow is quality over quantity, however quantity will be sought and strived for. I have a couple of mental health "problems" and I find cannabis is the only truly effective way of getting some relief. So I'd just love a couple of jars of nice flowers that will last me until my next crop is ready and I no longer need to visit the pusherman.

About the grow-
Strain -
Tropicanna Bananna by Barney's Farm
Medium - Organic Coco & Perlite (80/20%)
Light source - 150w Kingbo LED purchased from amazon for £55. Looks great, hopefully it will do for the whole grow, if not a couple of smaller LED bulbs can definitely be added.
Tent size - 40cm x 40cm x 120cm. Very small! Perfect for my needs but also presents challenges , especially considering my strain is sativa dominant.
Nutrients - Megacrop. Pure and simple, just following their feeding chart and will tweak where needed. I have to filter my water with a makeshift water filter that my girlfriend expertly crafted (it doesn't look good but it works damn well and is only temporary.)

The story so far -
So I would be a liar if I said that everything so far had gone swimmingly. There have been a couple of issues that have been sorted or at least on their way to being sorted.
Firstly I pre soaked the coco with a nute mix that was about 20x stronger than it should have been

The story so far... Continued:
The virus halted so many of my plans and I germinated my seed expecting my pH stuff to arrive and my ec and pH readers, also. So I stupidly went in blind and made a mixture that was far too strong. She got a good flush of a weaker nute mix with the pH at 5.2 and the runoff tested much closer to the ppm I'm looking for, and the ph was down to just below 6, so I'm happy that things are on their way to being where I need them to be.

So today my little baby girl, named Anna Banana by my girlfriend and I, popped her head through the ground. Maybe it's a little early to really tell but she's a little yellower than I was expecting her to be, but I'm confident that the correct nute solution will sort her out in no time, as she is being fed the perfect amount now and will flush naturally in a short time.
The lights have almost been on for an hour and she was fed just under 2 hours before the lights came on.

Photos of her and the set up coming very shortly...

you’re gonna wanna start training as soon as possible. Keep your plant very very low. Once you’ve got branches and canopy wall to wall, then flip. She won’t come up too high being kept low preflip.

are you planning to up pot? You should see if you can find a big wide shallow 3-4 gallon pot. That would be perfect for coco in that size space.

Everything turning out proper you could definitely pull like 110+ grams from that setup.

Serious Penny, when are they gonna add a Poofs party emoji?

Welcome one and all, I'm genuinely excited to have each of you here. I'm pleased to have such a following so early.

you’re gonna wanna start training as soon as possible. Keep your plant very very low. Once you’ve got branches and canopy wall to wall, then flip. She won’t come up too high being kept low preflip.

are you planning to up pot? You should see if you can find a big wide shallow 3-4 gallon pot. That would be perfect for coco in that size space.

Everything turning out proper you could definitely pull like 110+ grams from that setup.

Serious Penny, when are they gonna add a Poofs party emoji?

I have a net that I'm planning on using for a scrog once she's stretching in the flip.
I'm also planning on up potting her to 3 gallon pot, I'm just considering the fabric option but haven't made up my mind.

110g should do me just fine!

I would love that emoji.

Correct me here if I’m wrong Penny, but isn’t plastic preferred to fabric with coco? Coco dries very fast, the plastic is welcome to keep some of that moisture in during flower.

if I were you, I’d start that trellis much much earlier than going into the flip. I’d put up that net the day you transplant. That way you can get it 75% filled in before you flip, then you will have optimized the use of the net. It bothers me when people just throw a net over a regularly shaped plant.

Good morning, all. Its a lovely day here in Scotland but I'm stuck in work. But I thought I'd post a small update:

I checked on wee Anna this morning and she's standing tall and proud and her leaves are a nice healthy colour, so I think I've saved her from my horrible nute mistake.

Tonight in going to install my filter and have a serious think about my training plans for this little girl.

Pictures to come later tonight.

I hope you're all well and safe

Back
Top Bottom