JBoozer's 1st Grow - Nirvava AK48 - Top Feed Capn Style - 600 Watt HID

Re: JBoozer's 1st Grow - Nirvava AK48 - Top Feed "Capn" Style - 600watt HID

Leaving a little bit of extra leaf on the buds can help provide some extra protection. The leaves kinda close over the outside of the nugget and act like a shell.

Day 53 Midweek Update:

Hey folks, plant looks great! I still plan on going to flower this coming Sunday (10/9). Here are a couple pictures:

20141009_184042.jpg

20141009_184012.jpg

She is about 28-30" in diameter or so. It'll be a bit more spread out once I set up the trellis this weekend. As far as the broken branch goes, the plant never skipped a beat. I would have posted a picture of where the break was, but it healed up so well I can't really tell which branch it was.

Two of the clones are on Day 5, and the other two are on Day 4. Haven't touched them at all, just letting them do their thing and making sure it is staying nice and humid. Here is a picture:

20141009_184110.jpg

As I mentioned, I will be switching to a 12/12 light cycle this Sunday. Have quite the busy weekend ahead with moving things around, transplanting, and setting up the trellis. It's going to be exciting!

-JBooze

Good luck with the switch. Your girls are looking very healthy.

Boozer, when you go to flower, are you going to scrog or gonna do free standing?

How much space do you have for it to spread out? 4 x 4' ?

I think you're going to be in the 10-12 zip range.

Hey Cap, I will be doing a scrog....I'll have pretty close to a 4x4.....maybe 48"x40".

10-12 would be excellent

-JBooze

Looking forward to seeing your scrog. Put the scrog up extra high and lower it down slowly. Be careful not to break any branches!

It is going to be fun! Going to be making it out of PVC. I'll get pics!

-JBooze

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with the height of my scrog lately. I've found the best yield comes when the scrog is lower. Meaning, you have about 12" of bud coming out the top of the scrog, rather than the scrog being just a couple inches blow the canopy. This gives you much longer colas and exponentially increases yield.

Of course, it depends on how much your plant stretches.

Like this:

Not like this:

Day 56 Update:

For some reason, I'm getting an error trying to upload photos today....so none at the moment! When it is fixed I'll upload/post them.

Yesterday I transplanted into the superoots pot and today I setup the trellis and lowered it etc. I've decided that I'm going to give the plant a few more days to a week before flower. With the amount of bending that I've had to do to spread the plant out in the trellis, I prefer to give it some more time to grow and right itself a bit.

Clones are doing well, no roots out the bottom of the 3" blocks yet, so I've been keeping them in indirect light. Humidity stays around 90% or so. I figure by next weekend I will be able to put them under the CFLs in the veg room.

All in all, everything is going well! Just a few relatively minor changes to the schedule...I believe its for the best.

-JBooze

I would agree with that as well buddy. Don't have them focusing on any repairs/adjustments when you're wanting them to focus 1000% on that initial overdrive into flower. Keep an eye on how much water they're asking for off the bat too cause they get thirsty! You saw me find that out the hard way with my blue dream clones.
Also the longer veg = more buds so win/win if you have the room.:thumb:

Hey Dat! Room is a little tight but it'll be worth it. Next go around, I plan on setting up the trellis a bit sooner in order to make it easier spreading it out.

Was able to upload photos today. Here we go...

Day 57!

As mentioned before folks, still not in flower yet...giving the plant time to right itself a bit after all the bending to get the branches into the trellis. All the info pretty much stands that was in my last post...not much else to report at the moment.

Here are the pictures!

20141012_102500.jpg

20141013_182910.jpg

And here is a picture of the root ball before I transplanted into the superoots pot this past friday:

20141010_184625.jpg

Next update will be in a few days, most likely when I switch to 12/12.

Thanks,
JBooze

Outstanding JockBoozer, so who or what do credit your success on this grow so far? Besides the fact your a natural.

+reps for you my friend, someone doing this good of a job should have more green eggs under your name.

Boozer, can you raise your scrog back up a bit and then spread out the plant? Your plant looks super healthy and your scrog net is well built. But as is, your scrog isn't functioning at all.

Use the scrog to spread out the branches as far as you can. As branches grow thru the screen, pull them under and move them to the next square. When you first put on the screen, it should look like this:

Before scrog:

After scrog"

A few days later. The goal is to fill the entire screen with branches in the first week, and then let it go up. This keeps the plant low, spreads it out, and will increase yield. As is, your plant will just grow up and probably get too tall. Remember we aren't using the screen to hold up colas. We use the screen to spread out the plant and make an even canopy.

A couple weeks later:

Hope that helps.

plant looking good and healthy -PROPS!

Outstanding JockBoozer, so who or what do credit your success on this grow so far? Besides the fact your a natural.

+reps for you my friend, someone doing this good of a job should have more green eggs under your name.

Thank you 60cal, much appreciated! I'd say I would credit it to the people on this forum (TheCapn among many others) and just my experience researching things. If I'm going to do something, I want to do it to the best of my abilities.

Boozer, can you raise your scrog back up a bit and then spread out the plant? Your plant looks super healthy and your scrog net is well built. But as is, your scrog isn't functioning at all.

Use the scrog to spread out the branches as far as you can. As branches grow thru the screen, pull them under and move them to the next square. When you first put on the screen, it should look like this:

A few days later. The goal is to fill the entire screen with branches in the first week, and then let it go up. This keeps the plant low, spreads it out, and will increase yield. As is, your plant will just grow up and probably get too tall. Remember we aren't using the screen to hold up colas. We use the screen to spread out the plant and make an even canopy.

Hope that helps.

Cap, yes this absolutely helps. I did take into account the pictures you had provided a few days ago. I was a bit worried about breaking branches, but I'm going to go raise it up and see what I can do right now. I do feel as though I could do better. Pics will follow.

Thanks everyone for all your help!
-JBooze

JBoozer my brotha...as requested here are the before and after of scrog measurements.

Tape measure is sitting on the PVC. A handful of colas have gotten just above 18 inches above the scrog with most of them being between 13-14" They stared less than 2" above scrog. They grew about 12-13" tall from top of 12" airpots to scrog net. I vegged these clones for about 60 days. Hope this helps!

In my situation I let the plant grow into the net and stretched her out to all edges. Check the last picture above and look in the bottom left, no way you can stretch it like that by dropping it in. She looks angry with you right now but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger - especially if you're a vegetating cannabis plant. Your plant looks super healthy btw.

Also btw think I'm putting strap ties on my scrog net next grow...good stuff. Would be awesome if if could raise the net ever so slightly instead of having to use so many yoyos. Thanks!

Hey Cap,

Better? That is as low as I can seem to get it without starting to seriously bend some of the big branches.

Suggestions?

20141014_201108.jpg

-JBooze

Yes very nice! Now, as the tops grow longer, you can pull them under and move to next square. Once the screen is full, let it go! Glad to hear you got it without breaking anything.

Looks very healthy. I like your little flower closet.

Back
Top Bottom