Jl01's Blue Dream Indoor Grow: First Time Grower, 2019

I’m posting a few more pictures of the strange colorations I’m seeing on my Blue Dream plant because it’s starting to look less and less like anything I’ve seen on most problem/diagnosis guides. What’s happening is that most of the fan leaves are starting to turn a strange purple color (it’s actually quite beautiful pretty), but I’m not at all sure why, and it’s only confined to a few branches on a single plant. The other two plants—and most of the branches of the same plant—are coasting along looking totally normal. Another theory is that it could be related to lighting? I have two lights up that give off slightly different colors (wavelengths?) of light, and the discoloration is only occurring on the sections of the grow room that get overlap from the two lights. It’s probably just a coincidence but I thought I’d throw it out there. Anyways, here are a few more pictures from this morning:

98484DB6-B772-418B-98B2-CCC93A6A940C.jpeg

36B8162B-FD9F-4B29-A272-D815124CA945.jpeg

AE964879-05A5-408B-B5C6-495CE83FFA6E.jpeg

Hey, I'm back with another update.

So the purple coloring I was mentioning last week is definitely starting to spread. Some of the leaves that were the first to turn have gotten to a much deeper shade of purple, and some that were bright green have started to show signs of purpling. I'm not too worried about the purple coloring; I've started using organic CalMag by True when watering in case it is a magnesium deficiency, but it could just be genetics. All of the coloring is contained to a single plant, the other two are as green as can be!

6E696C3C-ECF0-400F-BA45-3524E2EC6081.jpeg
1CA73261-3098-4006-96D0-98560360A044.jpeg
1FD73CA0-AE7F-4758-9F51-CA814862D212.jpeg

I do have another concern, though, and it's that the lower leaves on the same plant that is showing purple leaves are starting to go white/yellow! Based on what I've seen on different diagnosis guides, it seems it could be a nitrogen deficiency? She's definitely the biggest plant, and seems to be drinking a bit faster than the other two plants, but I'm surprised this one is having so many strange things going on. I also have a theory that it could be root bound? She's definitely drinking faster than the other two and I haven't up-potted in probably 60+ days, but I'm still only watering every 3-4 days and transplanting with the scrog would be a huge pain. The last picture of this bunch shows a couple of yellow leaves that fell off while I was trying to get a picture from below, so they're definitely withering. If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it!

344D5D9B-A440-46CB-9CAB-0FC078B518FF.jpeg

C0320EE8-0D6A-48D4-8190-C636A13C01EE.jpeg

BCD3149B-6E26-4DBA-9BBD-823B01E3D47E.jpeg

0932B723-8541-42D0-A1F3-C7FEF953FC66.jpeg

We're now 22 days into flower, and I think they've stopped stretching for the most part, and now I'm expecting those buds to start getting bigger. As always, thanks for all the help and guidance so far!! I'm leaving town for a few days to see family, and I'm planning on giving a feeding on Wednesday before I go. If anyone knows of anything I should include in the feeding to help the yellowing please let me know!

a few yellow leaves under the canopy is nothing to be alarmed about. I guess you don't want to believe me, but the purpling IS a genetic trait and it is beautiful... it is also nothing to be alarmed about. Your plants look great!

Hey I said it could be genetics in my post! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for your reply! I’m not really worried about the color, at least not nearly as much as I was the yellow leaves. Your message was reassuring!

Like Emilya said, the yellowing happened because the plant is pulling nutrients from the older fan leaves, moving the nutes from places they don’t need them anymore, to where it really matters, the colas! :yahoo:

the purple is beautiful! It should take over the top canopy by the time their done, and it will be beautiful!!:yahoo:

I just harvested a Blue Cookie of mine last night. Check out colour transition

everything’s looking great in your garden!! I look forward to what they look like come harvest time!:popcorn:

Hey everyone, sorry it's been so long since the last update. Life has been coming at me pretty fast lately, but I'm making just enough time to get these girls taken care of. We're now 51 days into flower, and there's really not been a ton to do with these girls, I've just been feeding/watering steadily and letting them do their thing for the most part.

I do have a quick question that might be time sensitive. The site where I got the seeds for plant #3, the CBD Cream & Cheese strain, says that flower time is 60-65 days, but I'm already seeing quite a bit of amber trichomes--like up to half of the trichomes on some sugar leaves are turning amber. I'm wondering if 51 days is way too early to harvest a plant with a longer listed flower time? This plant vegged for 2wks shorter than the other two plants, could that have an affect on how long it needs to flower? I'm going to get some pics and post them, but it's proven pretty difficult to get decent pictures through a jewler's loop with a normal iphone, but I'll do my best and post them when I can.

Don’t pay to much attention to trichs on leaves. They always turn faster. How to the trichs look on the flower?

great job being attentive and getting this far!!

Yeah don't gauge the plant based off the trichomes on the sugar leaves. Try and get an area of the bud that is free of sugar leaves. It will give you a better representation of the plant.

Don’t pay to much attention to trichs on leaves. They always turn faster. How to the trichs look on the flower?

great job being attentive and getting this far!!
Yeah don't gauge the plant based off the trichomes on the sugar leaves. Try and get an area of the bud that is free of sugar leaves. It will give you a better representation of the plant.

This advice was spot on! Thanks guys! I finally managed to get some decent pictures of the trichomes, so you guys can take a look and see.

These pictures show the sugar leaves I was inspecting at first, and you can really see the amber showing up:
IMG_3548.png
IMG_3558.jpeg

These pictures are from the very top of the flower, and you can see that they're not any where near as far along as the trichs on the sugar leaves:

IMG_3555.jpeg
IMG_3557.jpeg

It's tough to tell whether how many are milky or clear, but I think the total lack of amber is a good indicator that I still have maybe another couple weeks before I need to chop them. The plant in question (Plant #3) has lots of sugar leaves compared to the other two. This picture shows a side-by-side comparison of the buds of Plant #1 and plant #3, and there's a pretty noticeable difference in their makeup:

IMG_3581.jpeg

And just for giggles, here are a few pictures of the plants at large, so that y'all can see how far along things are getting:

IMG_3586.jpeg
IMG_3587.jpeg
IMG_3594.jpeg
IMG_3608.jpeg
IMG_3614.jpeg

Only time will tell just how much weight I'll be able to pull off these three gals. With this being my first time, I have absolutely no idea how to estimate it, but I can tell you that I'm very excited! Still no problem with mold, mildew, pests or anything like that. I've been trying to clean the floor and walls of the grow room with soapy water once every couple weeks to reduce the likelihood of contamination, and I've been using a dehumidifier to keep the RH in check. Temps have gotten down to the mid 50s a couple of times overnight, but we're in a little bit of a warm spell so nothing to worry about for now.

Looking at some other grow journals, it seems I left quite a bit more fan leaves, etc on the plants than a lot of folks have at this stage. Is it too late to do another round of defoliation? I think I'm actually inclined to leave what I have since I'm getting so close to harvest.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday season and new year! Thanks again for all the help so far! I'll try to post once or twice more before chopping them, but it won't be long!

Back
Top Bottom