Keith's Real Second Grow - Banana Jealousy

Mutant plant look at the fans on the top of the plant. This is the first one I’ve ever grown that looks like this.

3661272A-ABF8-49A1-BB88-6E01A826D37D.jpeg
She is an odd looking one, Keith!

So odd that if she were mine, my curiosity would likely make me want to keep her just to see what she becomes. Have you thought about just giving 2 plants away this year? You could grow the mutant in your new tent under your new light with the air being moved by your new fan! :Rasta:

She is an odd looking one, Keith!

So odd that if she were mine, my curiosity would likely make me want to keep her just to see what she becomes. Have you thought about just giving 2 plants away this year? You could grow the mutant in your new tent under your new light with the air being moved by your new fan! :Rasta:
Thats a new idea. It would be the right plant to start with as I most likely will kill my first plant grown in a tent. I can see it cooking under that big light now. Being a photo, I will need to do some training to keep it small. I was going to start with an auto but that has its own set of difficulties. I will need to think about it maybe both in the 4x4. Ha Ha 🍋

Banana Jealousy, Mac & Crack and Pineapple Chunks with Mr Bunny

459D13FF-CAF8-47BD-B2AA-3C8964F09F9C.jpeg

CAAF6C5B-D3EC-40F0-911A-DB6F04D2EEDE.jpeg

18C4A453-59AD-4075-90FB-595D6469ACF6.jpeg
Mr Keith...... Are you sure those bobcats weren't looking for that bunny??? 🤣😂🤣

On another note I ❤️ babies..... Happy Friday buddy!! I'm wayyyy behind due to moving but man it's great to see spring in your corner of the world!!! 😎✌️

Mr Keith...... Are you sure those bobcats weren't looking for that bunny??? 🤣😂🤣

On another note I ❤️ babies..... Happy Friday buddy!! I'm wayyyy behind due to moving but man it's great to see spring in your corner of the world!!! 😎✌️
Thanks, Scottay and I have a week of good weather to look forward to. My bunny is not afraid of a bobcat. Hope you have a great weekend and good weather. 🍋

Highya KL,

I saw a couple of seedlings that looked a little too light green, suggesting a need for some nitrogen. It could have been a glare, or optical illusion, I don't know. Just thought I'd mention it. On a positive note, all the other pics showed a very nice color for growing seedlings, and very well shaped, except for the mutant. They do look ready for an uppot. Nice job. Happy Smokin'

Looking pretty good all around, Keith!
I particularly like that little mutant- those underdogs will surprise you!
Keep up the good work..👍
I can see it cooking under that big light now.
I like to think of it as "basking"... 😄

Thanks, Bode and I noticed the light green today I feed them PB a & b seedling dose I will have to up it but I am going to switch to GH MaxiGrow just not sure just hope much I should use. I do have the feed chart so I will figure it out. Got it .5 tsp per gallon for early growth. :lot-o-toke: 🍋

Thanks, Bode and I noticed the light green today I feed them PB a & b seedling dose I will have to up it but I am going to switch to GH MaxiGrow just not sure just hope much I should use. I do have the feed chart so I will figure it out. Got it .5 tsp per gallon for early growth. :lot-o-toke: 🍋
Keith, when using dry nutrients like MaxiGro you have the advantage of weighing your nutrients to an exacting degree. You've got that kitchen scale, put it to use. That's much better than relying on eyeballing, say, a half teaspoon.

The MaxiGro schedule I'm using calls for 2g per gallon of water for early veg. So I measure exactly 2g on my scale and mix it up. If you look at a tsp to gram conversion chart, you'll see that 1/2 tsp = 2.46g, which is .46g more than you want (and could be more or less, depending on how accurately you eyeball 1/2 tsp.)

You may think the numbers after the decimal point don't matter that much, but they do.

Say you have a young plant that won't get the proper green when on exactly 2g per gallon. For that single plant you may want to use 2.5g. Just weigh it out and do it. And if you keep notes you'll know exactly what you've fed her and when. Of course it works the other way too. If you have a plant that seems overfed at 2g you can give that individual plant, say, 1.8g.

In short, use the scale dude! :Rasta:

Oh, and for the liquid CALiMAGi that I assume you'll eventually use (@2ml per gallon per the schedule I am using) I find it handy to use one of those plastic syringes to measure it out. This one is clearly delimited by milliliters, from 1-10, making it easy peasy to measure out 2ml!

10mm syringe.jpg

They don't cost a lot. I buy mine from Amazon. Of course they make you buy many more than you actually need at any moment. But growing inside over time, you'll eventually put them to all use. Believe me!

Thank you GDB this is great info and I do have the scale, so it is easy to do. I also have plenty of syringes, so I have that covered. I have to up pot today or tomorrow along with putting in my veggy garden. I really appreciate the help. Enjoy your weekend and be safe. :thanks: 🍋

Good morning 420 it is a cloudy day with chance of showers got a long day in the garden planned. Just weighted out my MaxiGrow 2.0 grams per gallon to start with I thank GDB for this info as it is easy and accurate. Got to get going on the garden and hopefully get my plants up potted also. I turned my light in the tent up to 50% and took the plants off their riser in the tent. I have to leave the tent door open do to heat it gets up to 80 degrees and this way it stays around 75 degrees. 🍋

Good morning 420 it is a cloudy day with chance of showers got a long day in the garden planned. Just weighted out my MaxiGrow 2.0 grams per gallon to start with I thank GDB for this info as it is easy and accurate. Got to get going on the garden and hopefully get my plants up potted also. I turned my light in the tent up to 50% and took the plants off their riser in the tent. I have to leave the tent door open do to heat it gets up to 80 degrees and this way it stays around 75 degrees. 🍋
Good morning Buddy :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom