KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Flower Day 54

I was only able to take photographs of the Hindu Kush #3 before the time my lights went out today.

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_001.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_002.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_003.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_004.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_005.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_008.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_009.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_010.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_011.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_012.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_013.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_014.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_015.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_016.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-04_-_017.JPG

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Has that strain exhibited the purple fan leaf stem colorations before? Or just in this grow?

I ask cause I am seeing that on like 95% of my plants under LED. And trying to figure out if just going to happen or need more of something like ca/mg.

buds are looking pretty chunky.

Has that strain exhibited the purple fan leaf stem colorations before? Or just in this grow?

I ask cause I am seeing that on like 95% of my plants under LED. And trying to figure out if just going to happen or need more of something like ca/mg.

I have seen the same genetics flower under High Pressure Sodium lighting produce red/purple stems on the top side of the fan leaves and green on the undersides of the leaves which I believe is a normal reaction in flowering. I believe that only when there are red/purple stems on the top sides of the leaves and red/purple stems on the undersides of the leaves and/or red/purple lower stems that additional calcium and magnesium are required by the plant.

I take it you run your lights on at night then when the temps are cooler. Very well i shall wait for measurements of your beautiful plants.

How are the clones looking? i am anxiously awaiting the Znet review! I really would like to get a few Znets. i love how you can daisy chain them and not have a bundle of power cords to mess with. And for the price, if they can perform as well as LUSH, they will be rocking with business in no time!

I too run my lights at night, but with LED it's not really about temps... it's about the cost of electricity at peak times during the day. Where I live, electricity is about double the price from 7am to 7pm. Yes, *THAT* is about heat, but also about strain on the city's grid. Still though, night is cheaper, and that's why I run at night.

I run my vegetative lights from 12:00 midnight to 6 pm and my flowering lights from 12:00 midnight to 12:00 noon.

I run my vegetative lights from 12:00 midnight to 6 pm and my flowering lights from 12:00 midnight to 12:00 noon.

Mine run from 6p to 6a in Flower and 4p to 10a in Veg. . . GLR starts at 6pm to 6am, and I have no choice but to run at 11:30 to 12:30 for the "Hour on".

King, may I ask what you use to see the trichomes ? Do you recommend any scopes ? :thanks:

I own a 30x jewelers loupe, a Carson 60x-100x Optical MicroMax LED Microscope and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take photographs of the trichomes.

Greetings oh Great King on this glorious Sativa-day and to the Kingdom as well........ Do you think that Led's can be used with a light mover like we've seen with HPS or MH setups?

I believe that if a LED light panel was used with a light mover you would see diminished returns and believe that a grow area should be properly lit with enough light if LED light panels or High Pressure Sodium lights are used.

I thought I should include this in my journal for those that are interested in high CBD strains.

Here is a chart of cannabinoids and their uses

Ailments_and_Corresponding_Cannabinoids.jpg

Thanks KJC.... I'm growin a little 2.5ft. X 2.5ft. shower in an old motorhome so I won't need to worry about moving any light , but I was wondering if they could , just in case I hit the lottery or something :cheesygrinsmiley: I try to learn as much as I can :peace:

I have previously flowered in a larger size area and was going to purchase a light mover to move a 1000 watt High Pressure Sodium light bulb in a cooltube until I researched them a lot more. While a light mover spreads out light more evenly over a larger size area then solid mounting and I do not believe a larger harvest is obtainable with LED lighting as any growth not receiving light would not be in the peak growth area of the light, you can see the difference on any growth that is not in the peak area and only lit by side illumination.

Back
Top Bottom