KushMeister's First Grow, Kandy Kush, SleeSkunk, Haze

Sorry to see the males. I'm gonna hang out for a spell if that's cool?!

:welcome: Spring! Pull up a chair. I hope there'll be something to see down the road.

Well, we're down to two. I pulled both Hazes this morning.

The Kandy Kush preflowers are still too small to see anything definitive, which could be a good sign.

The female SleeSkunk is looking quite nice with more than a few pistils popping out here and there. :thumb: I'll post a picture later this afternoon.

Good news! Kandy Kush is a girl! :cheer:
KK_pistil_2.jpg
KK_pistil_1.jpg

Honestly I'm not too bummed about the Hazes. I was a bit concerned about their potential height and the way long flowering period. 12 or more weeks? Whoa! Now I don't have to worry about it.

YAY its a GIRL :cheer:

Congrats Kush , its a little split tail ! You've mentioned "reduced light" are you talking about 12/12 or are you going to try the GLR ?
I think I'll hang out awhile !! :cheer: :peace:

:thanks: Everybody!

Congrats Kush , its a little split tail ! You've mentioned "reduced light" are you talking about 12/12 or are you going to try the GLR ?
I think I'll hang out awhile !! :cheer: :peace:

:welcome: Clayhead!

I started vegging at 18/6 for the first 4 weeks then switched to GLR, 12/5.5/1/5.5 for the last week of veg. 12 days ago I flipped them over to reduced light of 11/13 for two weeks. So in two days I will reduce the light period by 1/2 hour to 10.5 hours for a week and then 10 for a week until I reach 9 hour, where it will remain for however long the girls take to finish flowering. At least that's the plan.

Congrats on your girls Kush:bravo: Too bad about the Hazes:sorry: I"ll be hanging around this grow for sure!!

:welcome: to my GJ Wyrman!

I've got to say, it was rather depressing having to cut down three out of five plants in the span of a couple days, and to lose one whole strain sucks. But I still have some Haze seeds so maybe I'll try a couple more next grow. Or maybe I'll trade them for some Indica seeds. Something shorter that is more suitable for indoor growing.

Mini Update: Day 12 of 11/13, Day 3 of Flower

Two different strains, two different growth habits. Sleeskunk on left, Kandy Kush on right. KK has caught up to SleeSkunk in height (22") but isn't as bushy. Both have gotten an equal amount of topping/FIMing.

ss_kk_sidebyside.jpg

are you going to defoliate next week? and what are those yellow things folded in the buckets?

are you going to defoliate next week? and what are those yellow things folded in the buckets?

I haven't made up my mind on a major defoliating yet. For whatever reason, I'm OK with taking the older fan leaves off the bottom of the plant but I'm hesitant to go all the way and hit 'em hard. I guess I'll make up my mind next week.

Those are sticky fly traps for the gnat problem I had. The traps plus the diatomaceous earth I spread in the trays seem to have done the trick as I haven't seen a gnat in a couple of days.

I aint into heavy defo either but I would take some of the larger leaves from the top thats blocking the light from the new growth on the stem below and I do it like a couple leaves a day not all at once. but thats me just how I doit:)oh and leave the larger fans at the bottom:)

I aint into heavy defo either but I would take some of the larger leaves from the top thats blocking the light from the new growth on the stem below and I do it like a couple leaves a day not all at once. but thats me just how I doit:)oh and leave the larger fans at the bottom:)

I know just the ones you mean. The ones I keep bending under the secondary tops so they can get direct light. :thumb:
Sounds like a good intermediate way to go.

if you are looking at critical strains may I suggest Critical Sensi Star. I grew it before and still have some. fast flower and pretty good yield and the buzz is awsome.
DSC016674.JPG
DSC016644.JPG
DSC016543.JPG

that was in a scrog

Back
Top Bottom