Lavendar's - Continual Harvest - 5th Grow

high norcaliwood,
have you seen the fluraman guys grow, post below...those are some lights...

ok, wanted to tell you about north of you...was out and about the local natives yesterday, and its not good...first was the replants from last spring...didnt do the moods any good...then the second plant....which is now going to pm and bud rot...and many diss. peeps, can understand....makes me sick...esp. since this is how some feed their fams...not good...even the indoor grows suck this yr....i lost the 7 to the heat, but nothing compared to others who are just now comming clean with the horror tales...ugh...ive gotten used to the fact that no one wants to admit some degree of failure, but im an ez out...every one thinks i'll fail...only female in a male world, but to see the sadness was overwhelming....so much moldy smoke on the market...and everyone trying to say, its not so bad...well, im allergic to mold, so in my world it is awful....one guy a month ago called and ask about pm, i told him a guy who would tell him how to make homemade sulfer burner...he has comm. grow...and while that isnt my thing, helping others is, so after i connected him with permission by phone only usually....i figured the guy did the hook up, he never even called...i had to buy some supplies and ran into the sulfer guy who said and asked about the p.m. i said did he get the inst. he said he never even called, i apologized....felt bad about the whole deal...but then the hubby and i ran into the guy with the pm....he sitting there p&ming about all his stuff dying...so i asked the logical question, he thought he could handle it....d.f......sorry but im really annoyed...mostly younger guys in it for a quick buck and early retirement...usually dont work that way in real life....you work your butt off, and are lucky to get along and maybe earn some good kharma out of the deal...

anyway, i know the rain is a real killer, and it is not any help i know, but you are not alone...i hope you can do all you can and salvage most of it...you are a grower, and are consciencious....and i value that...i feel horrid about this rain and what it is doing, am very glad some are inside for you....let me know how its going....

yes, the humidity is horrid...first i turned on the a/c that also has humidity thing in it, and about every two hrs it turned offf with a full tank...finally got smart and asked hubby if the dehumidifier was still draining to the outside, he said yes, so turned it on, and it is running 2hrs on and 2 off/24hrs a day, if it wasnt for the lights the humidity would be killing me indoors...so far im a little ahead of it, but it could catch me any day...hope youre doing better, but its still raining here, and when its not, it steaming and thinking about raining...L

norcaliwood
on a more up note, yeah, i liked the diesel, but after 2 yrs, im tired of it, and found i have a surplus...so i guess im just bored with it...the ones i really like are the zulu and chronic haze, and l.a.conf. but mine is a witch....finally think i have her wired, if all the rain doesnt foul her up again...she loves it dry...and hot...nothing like growing a cactus in a rain forest...i just had so many others i want to try, that it was time...diesel is good tho...L, but yes, i agree, alot are better...sitting here enjoying her now, but nothing compared to the chronic haze i enjoyed yesterday in town....took her and zulu to show off to kid....

NP just thought I seen diesel written with bad taste in your mouth. Yea sucks I looked last nite outside in greenhouse, over 80%. I bought a top line dehumidifier. Drops it 10% anyways. I run it at nite when its cooler. I had a plant get outta hand in my greenhouse. I know I should've spent more time on it but it was 8' tall, 7'x7' wide. It pushed itself into a corner on the greenhouse and I couldn't bend enough or super crop enough to keep from rubbing up against the glass. Got tads of bud rot on most everything rubbing on the walls. Couldn't get enough air back there. Made me sick. Was only the back corner, but my luck I'd rather kill the problem, than waste more later. Now I got to get rid of the body. Feels like that. What to do with 2, 2 cubic ft soil bags packed full of plant?? Garbage can? Out back of Walgreen's? LOL my luck they wood have a camera and think I was dumping a real body. Well pretty pic,s gal Keep em Green, least what we can grow, and whoever said they never had bad luck, which, we ALL have had, is bald faced... Well hope you keep your pipe filled

NP just thought I seen diesel written with bad taste in your mouth. Yea sucks I looked last nite outside in greenhouse, over 80%. I bought a top line dehumidifier. Drops it 10% anyways. I run it at nite when its cooler. I had a plant get outta hand in my greenhouse. I know I should've spent more time on it but it was 8' tall, 7'x7' wide. It pushed itself into a corner on the greenhouse and I couldn't bend enough or super crop enough to keep from rubbing up against the glass. Got tads of bud rot on most everything rubbing on the walls. Couldn't get enough air back there. Made me sick. Was only the back corner, but my luck I'd rather kill the problem, than waste more later. Now I got to get rid of the body. Feels like that. What to do with 2, 2 cubic ft soil bags packed full of plant?? Garbage can? Out back of Walgreen's? LOL my luck they wood have a camera and think I was dumping a real body. Well pretty pic,s gal Keep em Green, least what we can grow, and whoever said they never had bad luck, which, we ALL have had, is bald faced... Well hope you keep your pipe filled

thanks for the good words....we have a burn barrel, and in country so we wait until the wee hrs and burn baby burn with gas....has to be fast and hot...but who knows maybe the neighbors wonder why they feel good the day after?? only can do it sometimes tho....otherwise we mulch it....which also stinks....but hes very into stealth....lol...L .. and it is a real problem...i know...who'd a thunk it??

i like fresh bud so i can chop dry 2 or 3 days in a shirt pocket n smoke cuz ive been doing organic an since its in bloom it usally gets a nice flush from watering i no people go for amber i would too but if theres a few red hairs i have cut had to last time an ive noticed that the hair turns red if you cut early or later but that just been my exp what u say lav

i like fresh bud so i can chop dry 2 or 3 days in a shirt pocket n smoke cuz ive been doing organic an since its in bloom it usally gets a nice flush from watering i no people go for amber i would too but if theres a few red hairs i have cut had to last time an ive noticed that the hair turns red if you cut early or later but that just been my exp what u say lav

yep, ive had the hairs turn red in cure....i dont to by the hairs, yes they are a yard stick for telling when done, but so many colors of flowers now, some times its hard to tell...i just use them for a guide....i go by the color of the oil in the t's...clear, cloudy, honey, i like them all for diff. things...L:tokin::tokin:

Hey lav,

Just a quick note to say hi. Hope the garden is doing well, along w/ yourself.

v.
yes, all is fine, just busy...have some pics to post...hoping for today sometime....been busy shaping and topping the plants...am holding them up
uptil there is a space open in the bud room...so busy keeping them small...use the best ones i cut off for cloning, the rest feed the chickens...the poor things...the funny thing about it is, on the day after i
give them leaves, they all lay, on the days i dont, only a few eggs...wonder if it makes a real diff....or just me...been watching them for a couple of wks now...but they sure do love munching on them...

plants:....keeping them under control height wise is a constant battle...they wont stay static....but it takes them a wk or so to recover, and then a wk or so to grow....so buys some time...but need to be well over the topping by bud time....been there, done that, wont again...ugh...having 3 sets of plants to work on while waiting for their move ups is alot of work...will be glad eventually to find our most favorites....later, L

your garden really looks great...congrats...L:cheer::cheer:

azamax worked out great... never had a pest problem before, and those damned mites slowly killed off the plants... so it was hard for me to determine what the exact cause was until it was a little too late for a few of 'em. But everything is doing great now, thanks for the advice :D

Hello L, I'm finally gettin off my behind and doing some visiting. About time! Great pics I see up there and that label is awesome!

I just chopped the rest of my Bagweed 1B and she was all cloudy with a few amber here and there. She's a sweet orange smelling smoke that reminds me of the smoke I'd get in California. I've been rather busy the last couple days out on the deck. We'll have temps down to 33 in the early morning and last night went down to mid thirties. I've taken a huge plastic tarp and draped it over our old porch swing (removed the seats). I've got 4 big plants under it (also many of the wifes vegetables and flowers) I put an old portable electric heater in there also to keep the temps down. Seems to have worked last night, with no frost burn at all. I've got the Bubba and what's left of the Pink (and purple) lady inside for now. Temps will warm up this week and hopefully stabilize for a bit longer.

Sorry I've been away for so long L, it won't happen again (ya right!).:)

azamax worked out great... never had a pest problem before, and those damned mites slowly killed off the plants... so it was hard for me to determine what the exact cause was until it was a little too late for a few of 'em. But everything is doing great now, thanks for the advice :D

how long have you sprayed them? dont trust them, spray more....they'll just keep comming back if you dont....wow, does that sound paranoid or what...i just hate those things....L:goodluck::cheer::):)

how long have you sprayed them? dont trust them, spray more....they'll just keep comming back if you dont....wow, does that sound paranoid or what...i just hate those things....L:goodluck::cheer::):)

Ya thats what the guy at the hydro shop said as well. I figure on spraying once a week for a few weeks and at least another soil flush. I don't want a few extra larvae popping up again. The biggest thing for me was purely identifying what the problem was. When the leaves start to die off from so many bites, they almost resemble nute burn... so thats what I thought the initial problem was, so the infestation was pretty bad on a few of the plants. It's sad to see your SD go. I came across some Strawberry Kush last winter and am growing it now, its strawberry cough x raspberry kush x sour diesel. The SD really shows through in the pungent smell it gives off near the last few weeks of flower, and that ever familiar taste. I love growing it, such a strong plant. Anyways, your grow is interesting and I look forward to seeing more updates. And the west coast wasn't the only one with weather problems... seems just about the whole country was a mess this year. Heat and humidity were problems here as well... I swear that through the middle of June until the end of August we had 100% rh and dewpoints exceeding 70 almost every day. I ran my a/c more than ever before... the rh being 100% sucks, but when the dewpoint gets that high... its almost impossible for things to grow right. Oh, and ya... pest problems too... which I've come to realize, lol. OK I'm done ranting haha

ok guys, MODERATOR PLEASE oh, moderator!!

every time for the last 3 times i have tried to post pics, the file says not an image type supported yet....it is supported...its the same one i always use...for the last two times i loaded the pics one at a time....this time i refuse....please fix this....i have complained about it before and it was ok for a while and i figured it was the same this time, but....it wouldnt even take 2 pics this time without giving me an image not supported warning....they are the right size and format....please do something about this....lavendar...and would you please let me know when this has been fixed....again thank you...

well all,
for the past couple of days i have been trying to post pics, no go, it wont let me load them....so until the problem is fixed im at a stand still....

i will do a smoke report tho:

revisited strawberry haze
i was doing inventory and decided to smoke some s.h. while i was there and boy was that a pleasant surprize....excellent smoke, very up energetic med...has a distinct strawberry smell and taste, no guessing it comes across as strawberry....the high is kind of creeper, and there is no harshness to it now....a good solid 10 for taste and smell, a 9 for med, and a 10 for curing and storage ability...

chronic haze

the chronic haze is the first to rate a good solid ten all the way around....it is a pretty plant, needs to be cropped and contained, grows well, and produces alot of buds, it does grow the typical foxtail sativa buds so if your expecting the cones you will probably be disappointed...i should say that that may depend on the pheno you have, not sure if it will come true each time...some dont....the smell is heavenly, not overpowering, just pleasant and smooth, no cough, the taste is mild, altho the hubby says the oil does burn his mouth...i have had no problem with it....it comes on gradual and smooth and lasts 5-6 hrs....a great smoke to do projects with....just everything about it was a keeper....i got a few seeds, 4 from it and that is fine....

sour diesel

the sour diesel, is what new can i say, its a sour diesel, one of my favs and it grows well, i hated to d/c it, but so many more kinds of diesel to try, and the number of plants is limited....i do have seeds, so i can get back to it if wanted...and im sure i will....it is still a good solid nine, and love to go back to it after i have smoked others for a while...a very good plant....kinda middle of the road for pain, works, but not the heaviest....for pain i would go to the kushes or affys....but the diesel is an outstanding plant and would recommend to anyone...

bubba kush
i give these a good 8+, or nine, they are great for the pain and are good to sleep with, i havent tried picking them yet with just cloudy to see if they are good other ways, but they are good to great for the aboves...good med for evening....and the plant grows just beautiful, and does even better with the kushy kush food....decent yield also...about one and a half dry oz. per plant...

have a brain storm in the bag, but not ready to review yet....

will get the pics up when they get the thing fixed...sorry no pics...L

ok guys, MODERATOR PLEASE oh, moderator!!

every time for the last 3 times i have tried to post pics, the file says not an image type supported yet....it is supported...its the same one i always use...for the last two times i loaded the pics one at a time....this time i refuse....please fix this....i have complained about it before and it was ok for a while and i figured it was the same this time, but....it wouldnt even take 2 pics this time without giving me an image not supported warning....they are the right size and format....please do something about this....lavendar...and would you please let me know when this has been fixed....again thank you...

bump

Hi Lavendar :popcorn:
I know how frustrating not bring able to post is. I think you and I have had this trouble twice now. They will get it fixed soon. It is frustrating though...you get all your stuff ready.....and then it's a let down. They'll do their best!
Think of it as rest period. Ok, not so good of an idea.:smokin::smokin:

<<looking for the pic's. It will get fixxed gal. Happens to all of us. BUTTTTTTTTTTTT I am looking foreward to some pic's seeing I can't read. Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom