The Kid's 2nd Grow - Continued

Hey Kid! Looking good. What are your leaves looking like? I had an issue with leaves on my flowering girls too. They would get a few little brown spots, but mostly they were turning yellow and dieing. i never figured it out. But, I wasn't really motivated to investigate, because it wasn't really hurting the plants. You are so close to harvest that I wouldn't really worry. But, keep an eye on her. Your plants are really looking healthy overall. How are your little 8 Miles doing. Sounds like a strain I'd like to try. I dig Mandala, too.
Best of luck to ya!

Thanks guys. I'm doing my best.

tricome - Good to know. Thanks bro. The 8 Miles are doing great. They're working on their 3rd set of 5 points. Once they produce their 4th set, I think I'll throw them into the flower room. I got the Mandala after seeing your grow. Then I read up on them a bit and really liked their natural approach so they are on the top of my list now. Looking to get the "Beyond the Brain" for sure and haven't decided on "Chill-Om" or "Point of no Return" yet.

Here is what the leaves are doing at this point. I have trimmed about 20 of them off so far. I have flushed her twice with 2 gallons of higher ph water each time trying to level her out. The runoff is reading a ph of 5 so the water I'm using to flush her with is around 7-7.5 . Is this an ideal flush for this late or is there another cheap alternative I could do? Pics were taken Saturday night:

9712.jpg

Here's a few extra shots:

9751.jpg

9741.jpg

Going to take some pics of the others now.

Here is what the leaves are doing at this point. I have trimmed about 20 of them off so far. I have flushed her twice with 2 gallons of higher ph water each time trying to level her out. The runoff is reading a ph of 5 so the water I'm using to flush her with is around 7-7.5 . Is this an ideal flush for this late or is there another cheap alternative I could do?

Hi Kid I've been using the FF Sledgehammer Flush for a similar issue and it did a great job. It's pretty inexpensive and goes a long way. My runoff was way too high and it brought it down, now I run 6.0 ph through and my run off is 6.8. I'm doing what I think is my final flush today and what others have told me the leaves at this stage will brown and die off no matter and is normal if that's what your concerned about. It looks like your getting pretty close with some of the pistils starting to brown out. What is your estimate to harvest? :thumb:

:peacetwo:

Thanks Mac. The PK just started week 5. She is a 45-55 day flowering plant, so roughly 20 more days or so should do it, but you never know. Gonna sample her at the end of the week most likely :rollit:. She's starting to pump out the resin. Another thing I noticed, neither of the plants have a strong odor. I just now opened the Ona Block for the PK. I'm really surprised at the mild odor even this late in flowering. I was expecting both of these plants to stink due to their lineage.

Hey Kid... sorry I missed this post. In the past week my grow suddenly went from mild to just stinky lovin goodness and it seemed like it happened overnight. Now my wife says she can smell em outside and people are waving as they drive or walk by with smiles on their face that she doesn't even know lol! Don't know if that's such a good thing but I do enjoy the scent! Me, shit, I can't smell em until I open the room and then I get that nice blast, woohoo! I hope to harvest this weekend. Almost all pistils are brown and turned in. Will post some pics later on my j.

:peacetwo:

Thanks for the info MacG. I was looking into the Sledgehammer but haven't been to the store to look in awhile. I'll have to look into it now. I know the feeling of not really smelling it until you open the room. I wonder if I've gotten used to the smell and only smell it in concentrated doses :grinjoint:. The PK has the sweetest smell I've ever smelled from a plant. She literally smells like fruity gum. Very similar to Juicy Fruit. I love going out to visit her every day :yummy:.

Thanks Jango. Yeah, not much longer on her now. I can't wait to get a good sample from her.

nicee was looking for a power kush from dinafem grow thread , just germinated a seed and in soil now cant wait

and subscribed:cool:

Thanks and welcome aboard Nintendo. I will have to say you won't be disappointed with her. I love the way she grows, her scent and how easy she has been. The only thing left to wonder about is her potency and effect. Hopefully she'll have a long lasting high :grinjoint:

Thanks and welcome aboard Nintendo. I will have to say you won't be disappointed with her. I love the way she grows, her scent and how easy she has been. The only thing left to wonder about is her potency and effect. Hopefully she'll have a long lasting high :grinjoint:

yay mine just popped out the soil yesterday cant wait to lst

also im going to be doing 12/12 from seed how you think she will do?

Welcome aboard Crower and thanks. Have you grown the PK before? Just wondering what kind of high to expect.

Hey Nintendo. Congrats on the sprout. If you want an idea of what to expect out of her from the start, check out my Lowryder Purple Jems journal. That's when I started the PK and the Taiga. I agree with Crower. 12/12 will be fine. Not sure where I saw it but there is a 12/12 thread somewhere. It gives you an idea how the plants grow on that cycle. I plan on switching my 8 Miles to 12/12 very soon as young as they are.

They look great. Figure I will tag along and see how things come out. I may try an auto flower next time.

Did your other sprout open up?

Kat

Thanks Kat, and welcome aboard. This is my first time with autos. I do know that potency and yield are sacrificed, so I'll keep you posted and let you know if they are worth investing in. I also crossed the PJ with the taiga and the PK, so I'm set on autos now. I've been a little slow on updates lately. Both of the 8 Miles sprouted and are in the veg cab with the Taiga.

A little later than anticipated, but here is an update on the Taiga and 8 Miles High. Enjoy :rollit:

Taiga:

9981.jpg

9931.jpg

9831.jpg

9916.jpg

9961.jpg

10018.jpg

The bottom of the bottle is exactly at the rim of the pot of the plant to show her size.

8 Miles High

A little stretchy and N deficient, but otherwise doing well. I have planted them in larger pots and will introduce FFBB on the next watering.

9841.jpg

9851.jpg

Back
Top Bottom