Lions Head Mixed Grow Outdoor Sesh, Cape Town 2019

It's been pouring with rain for three days... somewhat of a deluge. On seedling got buried by the rain and lost but the coco perlite mix is excellent in these conditions. It drains beautifully and retains enough to keep the plants happy. I bought jiffy pellets yesterday and I have transferred my cuttings that appear to be rooting into them and out of the cups of water I had them in. My first F1 popped overnight and has a looong taproot already. I put that into a pellet too and as soon as the rain passes I will put that straight into a 15 liter pot.
Security has become an issue. I live in an house that has been compartmentalized into 4 independent units. We have a lot of Bergies around here, begging for food and trying to get into peoples properties for opportunistic pilfering. People are starting to take notice of my plants through the shade cloth screen and all I need is a dagga hungry opportunist watching my plants through flower and then harvesting while we sleep. My housemate and I were chatting last night and we are going to make a reed screen to prevent people from looking in. I did a lot of pruning last week... I mean a LOT. Our electric fence is out of action because it is choked with vegetation. I need to clean that up next week. That will mean climbing on a ladder and I do not like heights at all! I have very poor eyesight as a result of a degenerative corneal issue in both eyes, and I get vertigo too, so my chances of having an accident are increased. R works very hard at home and he has a demanding job, so I feel I really must pitch in with the domestic labour to give him a rest.
Two days ago, J saw a guy on the other side of her fence trying to get over using a wheely bin and I had to instruct two Bergies to move on when they harassed me through the fence the day before, soooo..... My bedroom does not have any windows. Instead it has a double wooden door leading onto a balcony that wraps around the house. I usually sleep with this open for the fresh air, even in winter when I keep it on the latch but ajar. I am questioning this a bit, but it is too stuffy if I keep it closed.
I topped Mama TK yesterday and tomorrow I will clean those cuts and put them into pellets to root. She is too bushy and I need to clean away some of the growth excess. This is new for me, so I am nervous. One of her main branches split away from the stem from over zealous handling on my part, so I cable tied it back to the main stem in the hopes that it will have enough stem still intact to stay alive.
The temperatures are up and down, sometimes going below 13 degrees still, but the leaves of all of the plants look like they are recovering. I may have burnt them a bit I am not sure, but they are enjoying the rain. I am going to do some research on organic feeding rather than the chemical solutions, as it might be less shocking for them if they process their own as needed in the outdoor environment. So, if anyone has any great ideas for me to try, I would be interested to experiment. I don't want to change from the coco-perlite... it is working very well for me and it is clean and affordable. The fancy soils are terribly expensive on the market because people are making hay while the sun shines. I need to find a local farmer who is not trying to tear a new one for us all. Once I "weed out" my plants into a stable stock, I will probably try half of the F1s in organic soil mix, and half in coco-perlite.
My gawd, this has turned into an essay!
My rugby team are playing today against England and I am a sucker for the boys in black, so even though it is probably not good for our chances for the win, the All Blacks just are the best team in the world and honestly there is not much contest at this level. If you are not from a part of the world where rugby is the national religion, then I urge you to look on Youtube and find a Haka to see just how impressive the New Zealanders are. In fact, why don't I do that for you :D Farewell Haka Sept 2019 ... sjoe all that power! It's quite unstoppable... Having said this, the South African Springboks have beaten them on several occasions, and my first loyalty is to my country, so if we do make to the final and we are up against them, I would have to support the South African team. Go NZ!!! :cheer:

meow... okay, that was a lot for my brain to absorb! It’s 9:15 Am here in Canada, and I’m still kinda groggy and sleepy still..

The haka dance is powerful stuff ehh?

I’ve watched it before on the tube, I can’t remember why,or what but I have watched it before.

good stuff!!

Aren't you in luck ms.Carmen for I do have such another cloning session coming up soon, would you like me to document it for you....
I think it's the best online tutorial for cloning that I have found Smeegs. I think I have got myself sorted now but if I were you I would do the tutorial on a separate journal so that other people can see the steps. Thank you mate. Are you watching rugby?... Started the message at half time. Now all I can say is SHOSHLOZA

Hoe gaan dit Mense? Training Day. What a stunningly beautiful day on the garden. We have the Oranjezicht City Farm about 1 km from my place, so yesterday when I took my compost down to them I bought a bunch of seedlings that I planted out straight away. The sun is shining and the weather is sweet... I deffo moved my dancing feet today. I also made a lot of soap.
OMG 2 more sleeps until the rugby world cup final!

Nee gaan goed dankie en met jou? Woah mama tk is looking huge and beautiful as ever! Hectic training on the chronic Ryder. Can't wait to see what it looks like in 2 weeks as they bounce back so fast.

Rwc will be very good I also can't wait.

Goei vok vroumens.... Moeni soe vloek nie.. Die is n vokken kerk huis :rofl:

Hmm what other soaps do you make? I had a pervious allergy to soaps and had to use protex or dove.
No what's happening on Google?
I know, it's bad but this is how I speak in the privacy of my home and journal lol... it helps me feel better about life if I can express how I feel with spicy language.
I made an oat, honey, ginger, clove and citrus soap with shea and coconut today. I just do what I feel inspired to do in the moment really. They are healing soaps. I am sure that you could try this and it wouldn't bother your allergies, because it is all natural. Google have their banner as rugby players in green jerseys, scrumming. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Still raining and cold. Wish it would blow to the dry regions. We are swamped. Progress is good here. A bit of nutrient fluctuation and some minor leaf damage in places. 4 F1s in coco already. Babies doing well. Silver Haze in recovery after removal of caterpillar.

Back
Top Bottom