Attachments

• 20180924_140230.jpg
    20180924_140230.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180924_205050.jpg
    20180924_205050.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 37
Obvious mistakes:

-Too many plants in confined space...this restricts airflow, observation/maintenance, and ultimately, with botrytis, it's like a clown car bomb...a fcking mess.

-More aggressive pruning...it's hard to type that but the truth. I topped most and cut off about 12"+ at least 2x on each plant...it needs to be done harder in veg because too late in flower and, like the Stankberry, some head for the ceiling...and that is bad for condensation/bud rot/inspection&maintenance...etc.

-Earlier watering (when they pre-flower/flower)....I might have precipitated the yellowing by not doubling their watering sooner.

-Earlier active ventilation (fan)...not sure anyone expected this humidity shitstorm, but I had the tools and I was slow to use them.

-More/better trellising....tomato cages are for plants under 6'...I now understand why people use livestock fencing and timber.

-Eggs in multiple baskets....I almost had this clumped in with the first line, but it's worth it's own line. Next year I will have 2x (or more) locations to offset risk of cross contamination of whole crop. Since some of the strains flowered early (and got harvested early) the later ones may actually have a better fate if RH comes back into mortal parameters in the coming weeks.

Next year I am growing in 65-gallons (or larger) and focusing on 6-8 monsters. I'm giving each (at least) 4' radius of space from stem. (Yes, 8' per plant.) I will have 1-2x these in at least 2x GH locations. I am going to trim off lower 5-7 branches to create more of a "trunk"...minimizing larfy branches/buds that just aren't worth the hassle of the restricted air/human movement amongst the trees.

I'd lollipop harder.

I will have rigid trellising of either cattle panels (or similar) in a 6' circle and, if needed, timber framing support....which will essentially quad line the plants as I direct the branches into their locations (I can add another net or trellis outside and to this cattle panel if needed to contain flowering branches. . I'll prune them all to be under 7' prior to flowering (my other GH have a higher ceiling...10'). I'll probably have them all up and running no later than May 15.

Things that worked:

I liked my soil mix and with the added seaweed it should only be better, so hopefully that in bigger pots and we're good. Fish fert was a good boost and I'll definitely plan on using that in pre-flower every 4-5 watering.

Things are still unfolding, but I liked the strains I ran this summer and would happily run most again.

I love growing anything, and cannabis is no different. I was just jarring the DTF and Blueberry from the drying racks (and into the root cellar)...I felt more like I let those plants down than vice versa...they could have been EPIC. Instead of 3x half gallon jars of buds (per plant) they should have been 3x 5-gallon buckets....which is the goal next summer (and POTM :cool:)

This is some great advice. And I know... my bro planted way to many in his GH, and it became a jungle in no time.... that set up the problems for mold.

Agreed my friend
I am far north of the city dwelling libtards.

Yeah but them damn hippies are all over up your way bro

I'm moving to ADK once I get my shit together.

I need me a log cabin on a hill facing east .

Yeah but them damn hippies are all over up your way bro

I'm moving to ADK once I get my shit together.

I need me a log cabin on a hill facing east .

No hippies around here my friend
Few ahmish folk near closest town making their way north, who dont seem to grasp the concept of “private property”, but i nipped that in the butt right away;) ( my property dogs did too )
Nothin but mountains bro, with some of the highest taxes in the country, but living here is worth the serenity, peace and quiet..
I hope you find your way soon

I cut open 2x of these today (not interested in reusing with these stains) and strangely the stain was not on the inside. So I am taking opinions here on wtf this is...and I just put up a separate thread seeing if other have gotten this before...mainly wondering if it is a vector for mold....

Moss?

You know a lot of local growers are dealing with mold issues when you go to the store and the shelf looks like this....

All the larger H2O2 were gone...lady stocking shelves looks over at me and says "more coming tomorrow"...I got the last 32 oz..
I got a couple gallons og 12 % H202 on the zon for cheap and thin out to 3%.

Hiya BH,

Yeah, last night was a bad one for me. Almost lost one lady. The rain weighed down a huge branch about 4 ft up the stals, and split the stalk in two. So I cut the branch off and wrapped a silk rope around the stalk tightly. She seems fine again. She's starting to recover (lifting branches up again).
Yesterday, I was looking for bud rot (of which I found 2 little spots), but one leg of the step ladder (8 ft) was in soft dirt. So, I went over and down, took out 4 branches, but I'm alright. Always something! I do have a nice premature stash drying, though!
Hope your experience was better than mine, lol. Everything is fine here. Just a bump in the road. Thanks for asking.
Nice try

Good luck with the weather Blew!! Hope you and the fam have a great weekend brother!!!
Weather was superb....second attempt at The Owl in the park and we came up short (again)...next year I think we'll finish...it is a hell of a trail and very proud of my kids for getting as far as they did for 9/11...we got about .5-.75 miles further than last year when they were 8/10...but it gets really vertical near the end with a lot of rock scrambling just when you are most tired...tricky...kept thinking my wife would not be happy seeing her babies on the side of a mountain! Everyone safe and sound which is 100% success!

Hiya BH,

Glad you and your young'uns are back safe and sound, and you guys had a great time! Memories of a lifetime!

Botrytis season is kicking up here. Just a heads up as humidity has been high still, and rain coming again in a couple days. Picked off 5 or 6 spots doing a quick check. Need to give a fine toothed comb tomorrow. Top colas getting very sticky. Some purple coloring on sugar leaves.

How are your ladies doing?

Botrytis season is kicking up here. Just a heads up as humidity has been high still, and rain coming again in a couple days. Picked off 5 or 6 spots doing a quick check. Need to give a fine toothed comb tomorrow. Top colas getting very sticky. Some purple coloring on sugar leaves. How are your ladies doing?
Funny you should ask...double checked the GH again around 3pm and this time went up the ladder...about half the Carnival colas had rot...and I have a full day tomorrow...so I took her down in the most irreverent harvest yet...quick and dirty but got her "trimmed" and 4-bucket washed and she's drying in the basement. More work than I wanted on a Sunday!

Took down both the Kushberries and the Blueberry clone....one step ahead of the rot (barely)

Raining and cool all day...calling for more. Maybe next year we can tend these ladies to their final maturity...but for now I'm making hay!

Back
Top Bottom