Mars Hydro

what's been going on with the light DK ? which one were you running ?

what i was referring to is bang for the buck.. mars has a habit of outperforming similar priced fixtures. how they do it, and the build quality of the fixture, does create some questions imo...

When it works I get terrific results. Best yields I've ever had. The problem is it stops working every few months and the warranty sucks. I paid $200 to get it fixed in August 2019 (still under warranty.... what a great waranty) and now it's fucked again. Bang for the buck doesn't mean much when the fucking thing never works. Right now I have a tent full of plants and no light. Not sure what the hell I'm gonna do to keep them alive. You want bang for the buck? Listen for the bang when this piece of crap hits the trash bin. Most unreliable piece of junk I've ever owned.

When it works I get terrific results. Best yields I've ever had. The problem is it stops working every few months and the warranty sucks. I paid $200 to get it fixed in August 2019 (still under warranty.... what a great waranty) and now it's fucked again. Bang for the buck doesn't mean much when the fucking thing never works. Right now I have a tent full of plants and no light. Not sure what the hell I'm gonna do to keep them alive. You want bang for the buck? Listen for the bang when this piece of crap hits the trash bin. Most unreliable piece of junk I've ever owned.

well that sucks. maybe reach out to budget led and see what they offer. they got qb based products at very competitive pricing and are US located so support may be better and shipping time less of a factor.

I'll be going with CMH now. LED's have many benefits but they're just too unreliable.

Need to be repaired

curious - did the entire board fail or just a portion ?

if total fail - usually bad or poor quality driver
it part fail - usually bad or poor quality chips, sometimes wiring , or insufficient heat sink.

curious - did the entire board fail or just a portion ?

if total fail - usually bad or poor quality driver
it part fail - usually bad or poor quality chips, sometimes wiring , or insufficient heat sink.
Half, same as last time. I was warned about this company but I took a chance and now I regret it big time.

Half, same as last time. I was warned about this company but I took a chance and now I regret it big time.

i don't blame you.
hope you get it sorted.

i actually have a couple spare cobs i keep on hand just in case of failure. i support a few other light rigs as well, so it's nice to have the reserve. have a couple drivers on hand for the same reason. never had to use anything in 5+ yrs. stopped selling the rigs when the qbs came out.

Totally understand the frustration. If you ever consider LED again, keep us in mind.

The last thing we want is a customer down; especially during a grow.

Totally understand the frustration. If you ever consider LED again, keep us in mind.

The last thing we want is a customer down; especially during a grow.
I finally heard back from Mars. They told me to buy a new fucking light. What terrific customer service. I told them I won't be buying another one from them. Ever.

@DaddyKush 's Mars II 400 had been in use for two and a half years when it was first repaired, and a few months later it had problems again, the service life of our old led is three years. If it is repaired again, the cost will be very high. Besides the broken lamp beads, other parts of the light are also aging, so there is a high chance of the light breaking down again. We don't advise him to repair it again. So we chose to directly replace a new TS1000 to him, TS1000 is our new LED with new SDM tech, it has better efficiency and lifespan. :green_heart:

Regarding the issue I've been having recently with my MarsII 400 LED, SmokeSara was kind enough to offer me a TS1000 to compensate for the issues with the other light. So I'm very happy with this outcome and would like to state publicly what a great job Smokesara did getting this resolved. Thank you, this is what quality customer service looks like.

Regarding the issue I've been having recently with my MarsII 400 LED, SmokeSara was kind enough to offer me a TS1000 to compensate for the issues with the other light. So I'm very happy with this outcome and would like to state publicly what a great job Smokesara did getting this resolved. Thank you, this is what quality customer service looks like.
Very impressive!

Back
Top Bottom