MaxYield's Second Soil Journal - Strawberry Diesel - CFL Veg & LED Flower

Wow Max :bravo:

beautiful red/yellow pistils you got there :)
exceptional job my friend im betting your bud will be primo stuff :high-five:

are those 10 gallon smart pots you got there?

I appreciate the support Brother!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I think she is starting to look exceptionally pretty!!!

I actually have the Purple Elephant in a 5 gallon smart pot and the Strawberry Diesel in a 15 gallon Smart Pot... It is pretty big, one of the reasons I want to flower her alone in tent :laughtwo:

The Sour Monster and the Carls Jr. are in 1 gallon hempy's. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking sweet

I appreciate that DP! I would have to agree :cheesygrinsmiley:

- SOUR MONSTER & CARLS JR. DEFOLIATION -

Decided to take off some of the lower growth on both Sour Monster and Carls Jr. SM looks absolutely beautiful with her skirt gone, Carls Jr. looks good as well. Should help get more light and energy to the fatter colas.

Both are half way through week three of Flower now. Started flushing all of my soilless plants once a week to keep PH in check and build-up to a minimum. On regular waterings they are being fed 15ml Big Bloom / 10ml Grow Big Hydro / 0.25tsp Beastie Bloomz per 1 Gallon of water and on Wednesday they got their third Foliar Feeding of 1.25ml Snow Storm Ultra per 1 Litre of water.

WATERING TIME​

SmNutes1.JPG
SmNutes2.JPG

SmPeeing.JPG

SOUR MONSTER POST DEFOLIATION​

SmAfter.JPG
SmAfter2.JPG
SmAbove.JPG

CARLS JR. POST DEFOLIATION​

CjrProfile.JPG
CjrAbove.JPG
CjrTop.JPG

:thanks::cheer::thanks:

hey brother Max, i bet your girls enjoyed that perfect pH'ed tea you got for them there :high-five:

i was thinking about defoliating in flower but im kinda 50/50 on it cause never tried it before and people say different things about it

how is it working for you?

High five on that. :high-five:

High Fives all around!! :high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five: Appreciate the support Reg!

- PURPLE ELEPHANT FINAL DEFOLIATION & BUD SHOTS -

The Purple Elephant is doing wonderfully, she is in week five of Flower and starting to bulk up, pistils are nice and chunky and very abundant... Resin is creeping its way up sugar leaves right on queue, and her leaves are a beautiful deep green.

I cleared away some of the large fan leaves that were shading the lower bud sites, the Purple Elephant didn't even miss a beat, started reachin' for the light not even an hour after her hair cut. On Monday she got a good 5 gallon flush of plain tap water PH'ed to 5.8, run off came back at 5.3. There was build up and residue on the Drip Tray and the Pot however(a lot of dried nutrients in the Drip Tray).

Yesterday I washed the drip tray with very hot water and dish soap, then flushed the Purple Elephant with 2 gallons of plain tap water PH'ed to 5.9, run off came back at 5.8... not bad. :cheesygrinsmiley: She was then watered with her regular feeding of 20ml Big Bloom / 10ml Grow Big Hydro / 5ml Tiger Bloom / 0.25tsp Cha Ching per 1 gallon of water, PH'ed to 6.0. She was given her fifth Foliar Feeding of 1.25ml Snow Storm Ultra in 1 Litre of water.

WHOLE PLANT: PROFILE AND ABOVE SHOTS​

PeProfile.JPG
PeAbove.JPG

TOP COLAS: PROFILE AND ABOVE SHOTS​

MainColasProfile.JPG
MainColas.JPG

TOP COLA: CLOSE UP​

PeCola1.JPG
PeTopBud.JPG

I wanted to ask 420magazines opinion on something... SO I am in college and I live with roommates, and we all have friends and we all drink yada yada... THE POINT IS, inevitably people admire the pretty plants that I grow in my little clothe closet. That doesn't really bother me, it is secure and my friends and I would smash anyone who tried to mess with it. :rofl: :rofl:

Whats DOES bother me, is when people grab my top nugs between their pointer finger and thumb, and squeeze and tug on em... I barely even touch my own plants... I just admire them and let them grow. What I have noticed (and I have started telling people to keep their hands TF off...) is that pistils that are touched, ripen up almost immediately.

This first picture is of a Cola that gets a ton of unwarranted finger action, the second picture is of one that gets close to none... check the difference.

Touched.JPG

Untouched.JPG

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

Thanks a lot for those of you following along, this grow is going much smoother than my last and I am very anxious to see my final results!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

oh god i got annoyed just by reading that Max, i'd bash their freaking head on!!! and yeah you can notice the difference. I'm sorry brother you just got to be firm and put an end to this, if you can't do it then noone can. Having people asking you to see the ganja plants all the time is frustrating enough i can't imagine how you feel when they go fondling around your pistils like they know what they're doing, if they really knew what they were doing they'd keep their godamn hands off your plants!!! fuck that annoyed me more than it should have, im sorry.

btw scroll up i want your opinion on something :)

hey brother Max, i bet your girls enjoyed that perfect pH'ed tea you got for them there :high-five:

i was thinking about defoliating in flower but im kinda 50/50 on it cause never tried it before and people say different things about it

how is it working for you?

Well, it is kind of hard for me to say at this point. I am still figuring out my technique... mastering my art, if I may :cheesygrinsmiley:

Up to this point I have defoliated every plant I have grown, to some extent. I don't want to take into account my first grow because of their PH issues... wouldn't be fair to make judgements on them.

This is what I will say, when I defoliate my plants, I don't notice a very prolonged stall in growth. I never defoliate in peak growth times and I try to keep the defoliation to a minimum. My plants usually look sad for about an hour and then perk right back up and start reaching for the light. It also makes sense (at least in my head) that energy is better spent on the larger top colas... You'll notice on my Sour Monster, I only took off her four lowest branches. Didn't even touch any leave above that 5th branch... Only bent those huge Fan Leaves down and tucked 'em underneath the buds.

On the Carls Jr. I only took off her lowest branch, and then lollipopped some of the smaller bud sites on the lower branches. Did all of this about anm hour before I took the pics of them you see up there.

SO IN CONCLUSION :: I can't give a fair judgement based on my hands on experience, from what I have seen on the Forums you can use it and get GREAT results.... However I think it comes down to personal preference and grow style. What I can say fairly... is that I have never seen a long growth stunt after defoliation, my girls are usually back in the game within an hour. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope that helps Brother :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

oh god i got annoyed just by reading that Max, i'd bash their freaking head on!!! and yeah you can notice the difference. I'm sorry brother you just got to be firm and put an end to this, if you can't do it then noone can. Having people asking you to see the ganja plants all the time is frustrating enough i can't imagine how you feel when they go fondling around your pistils like they know what they're doing, if they really knew what they were doing they'd keep their godamn hands off your plants!!! fuck that annoyed me more than it should have, im sorry.

btw scroll up i want your opinion on something :)

Yeah dude.. you're telling me. I am very level headed in person and usually keep things that bother me to myself... a lot of the time I shouldn't do that and this is definitely one of those times. I have gotten super stern about it.

It just bothers me, because if I was looking at something that someone put their time, blood, sweat, and tears into that took weeks or even months to make, I wouldn't IMMEDIATELY put my hands all over it. I wouldn't do anything that the person who owned it didn't do.. I personally wouldn't do anything except look!

I just really don't get it. At all.

Yeah dude.. you're telling me. I am very level headed in person and usually keep things that bother me to myself... a lot of the time I shouldn't do that and this is definitely one of those times. I have gotten super stern about it.

It just bothers me, because if I was looking at something that someone put their time, blood, sweat, and tears into that took weeks or even months to make, I wouldn't IMMEDIATELY put my hands all over it. I wouldn't do anything that the person who owned it didn't do.. I personally wouldn't do anything except look!

I just really don't get it. At all.

i get it brother, you're a chill down to earth mellow guy that just minds his business and keeps out of trouble, i admire that. The thing is, when people start messing with your business it becomes something more, all they see is MJ plants and get excited cause it's probably their first time seeing them in person but they dont see the hard work you've put into it for them plants to look this good. My honest opinion on the issue is that you should scold them about it and if they dont get it or they get mad at you well thats their toughy.

be well my friend and keep them jackasses off your ladies!

P.S thanks for the advice, i'll get more into it :high-five:

Whew glad I dont have that problem! No one comes into my grow room except ME! =)

I noticed you said pH of 5.8? May i ask why so low? Soil should have a pH of 6.5? Thats what i keep mine at.

Those colas are starting to swell and looking good!

Also, You should try one plant and not defoliate at all... I think you would be surprised! Keep up the good work!

Whew glad I dont have that problem! No one comes into my grow room except ME! =)

I noticed you said pH of 5.8? May i ask why so low? Soil should have a pH of 6.5? Thats what i keep mine at.

Those colas are starting to swell and looking good!

Also, You should try one plant and not defoliate at all... I think you would be surprised! Keep up the good work!

I guess the title of this journal is somewhat misleading now... My apologies Hunter, completely my fault!

All of these plants I have adopted, and they were all given to me in Coco! The Sour Monster and Carls Jr are in 1 gallon Coco Hempy's and the Purple Elephant is in a 5 gallon Cloth Pot with 70% Coco / 30% Perlite. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am really starting to like Hydro, unfortunately I haven't had a smooth soil run.. So I wont choose favorites yet, maybe I will after I Bloom my Strawberry Diesel though! (she is in soil).

I definitely plan on trying no defoliation in the near future... But for some weird reason I just have not been able to hold myself back.. I get the biggest urge to make them look the way I want.. One day I will conquer that urge :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks a lot for stopping by Hunter!

And don't worry guys, come next fall I will have my own place and everything shall be in my room... I will never be more at peace :Namaste:

Impressive Max. Healthy coloration and vigorous growth. She's a beauty. The canopy shot was the clincher for me. I got lost there. :laughtwo::green_heart:

How much longer with her ?

Impressive Max. Healthy coloration and vigorous growth. She's a beauty. The canopy shot was the clincher for me. I got lost there. :laughtwo::green_heart:

How much longer with her ?

I really appreciate the support Sue :cheesygrinsmiley: I am always impressed with her when I open my tent, each day something new to admire!

She is 2 days into week 5, so a good 3-4 more weeks after this current week! :cheesygrinsmiley: Swelling has just started and I'm excited to see how big she gets. I have kept PH perfect since I got her, haven't over-fed, run-off is near perfect PH, canopy 10 inches from my lamp.. I have high hopes! And hopefully some purps! :laughtwo:

- PURPLE ELEPHANT FLOWER WEEK 5 (DAY 6) -​

Hey 420magazine!! Purple Elephant is chugging along really nicely, she has started to pack on weight these last 4-5 days. Very proud of the swelling going on, noticeable size difference every day and she still has a good 2-3 weeks to go. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Still feeding FoxFarm Flower Week 5 Nutrients :: 2 gallons Denver Tap / 40ml FF Big Bloom / 20ml FF Grow Big / 10ml FF Tiger Bloom / .25tsp FF Cha Ching. Today I gave her 4ml Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus along with her regular regiment.

PPM: 1420 (1210 actual)
PH : 5.9 (Jug 1) 6.0 (Jug 2)

TOP COLAS

IMG_38024.JPG
IMG_38133.JPG
IMG_38123.JPG

- WARLOCK REVEG -

Hey everyone, so I figured I would add this little girl to this Journal. She has come a very long way since I took her from the Warlock in my previous Journal. She has been Re-Vegging for close to two months now, took about 3 weeks to fully root and this is how far she has come since then.

She is just going to remain on the back burner until I have time to take nicer clones off of her to veg and then grow. I need a redemption shot after the PH problems that plagued my first grow, see how much I can improve on. Have been feeding her plain water with veg nutrients at 50% strength about every 3 waterings.

REVEG DAY 1

IMG_32692.JPG

REVEG DAY 30

Top_View_21.JPG

REVEG DAY 50.. SOMETHING?

IMG_38157.JPG
IMG_38144.JPG
IMG_38165.JPG

looking good there buddy :)

looking forward to see how the reveg goes

:Namaste:

Back