MaxYield's Second Soil Journal - Strawberry Diesel - CFL Veg & LED Flower

It was a pleasure my friend can't wait to kick it again. Can't thank you enough for the Deathstar brother, feels so surreal to have my favorite strain on deck in my grow. So exited to see her grow up and have acess to that strain again. Since I no longer need dispensarys I haven't had some Deathstar in probably 9 months or more. Much respect and :Namaste: Max.
20150302_064702.jpg

- : GROW ROOM UPDATES : -​

Hey everyone!

So I figured I would post a follow up update with some changes I have made to ensure the ladies in the journal are only exposed to the best conditions. Firstly let my post part of the update from My First Soil Journal....

While I am speaking about the Warlock, I will update you all on my worries of the small buds. I met up with my good friend from this Forum Subnoise, and he brought over his Ph pen (Along with some other goodies you will all see later :cheesygrinsmiley: ) and we ran some experiments on my water. I haven't been Ph'ing my water and this is what the readings came in at on Saturday::

Straight from faucet Tap ::
- Ph : 6.5
- PPM : 186​

Sitting in gallon jug for 5 days ::
- Ph : 6.5
- PPM : 164​

With Week 1 of FF Trio Bloom Nutrients at full strength ::
-Ph : 5.8
-PPM : 1170​

So as we can see, my water is perfect for soil when no nutrients are used. When FF Hydro Trio is used, it brings it down to about perfect for Hydro and Soilless (I brought the Ph of my mix up to 6.0 for Coco as recommended by Subnoise). However after mixing all of the FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio, as well as the FoxFarm Water-Soluble Trio the Ph is far too low for soil. I believe that my plants were not able to absorb the proper amount of Phosphorus during flowering because of this... and their buds did not swell like they should have... Anyone have thoughts on that?

I believe that explains some of the problems I ran into with my first three ladies, not to mention that was coupled with the stress from moving grow spaces several times, weird light exposures... etc. For this Journal I have ensured there are no light leaks in the tent, cleaned out any remaining plant matter and pollen that could still be hanging out in there. I removed the power strip and set it up outside so there is no risk when misting in the Flower Tent. I also procured some large 25" drip trays to make flushing easier and keep the tent clean, as well as a 1000ml Measuring Pitcher and a Fine Mist Hand Sprayer.

I also ordered a Ph pen and calibration fluid so I don't run into PH problems anymore as well as General Hydroponics PH Up and PH Down.
PH_UP_DOWN.jpg

The other additive that I purchased that I am more than excited to use on the ladies in this journal is Emerald Triangle's Snow Storm Ultra (0-0-3). Supposedly kicks Resin Production to the next level. We will see! :cheesygrinsmiley:
SnowStorm_Ultra.jpeg

These ladies will continue to receive FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio/FoxFarm Water-Soluble Nutrient Trio if in soil, and FoxFarm Hydro Liquid Nutrient Trio/FoxFarm Water-Soluble Nutrient Trio if in Coco (or other soilless).
FF_Liquid_Trio.jpg
FF_Hydro_Trio.jpg
FF_Water_Soluble_Trio.jpg

For Cal-Mag deficiencies I use Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus.
Cal_Mag.jpg

This is the Molasses I flush with.. Don't know why it says Hi-Brix on it.. probably just a marketing ploy.
Molasses1.jpg

For root growth I use Rhizotonic and for stressed plants I use Super-Thrive.
Rhizo.jpg
Super_Thrive1.jpg

So there is that everyone! I am going to have to resize all of those pictures so they aren't so annoying to look at in posts. Thanks too everyone who is following along! I will post the strain profiles for all of my new plants in a following update! :cheesygrinsmiley:

It was a pleasure my friend can't wait to kick it again. Can't thank you enough for the Deathstar brother, feels so surreal to have my favorite strain on deck in my grow. So exited to see her grow up and have acess to that strain again. Since I no longer need dispensarys I haven't had some Deathstar in probably 9 months or more. Much respect and :Namaste: Max.
20150302_064702.jpg

Hey like I said Sub, it's the least I could have down! She certainly is pretty and I know she will do crazy things under your care. Such a cool strain, who needs dispensaries? Networking for the win!!!

She looks beautiful.. Even prettier than I remembered! :cheesygrinsmiley:

McD's

Great update & congrats on the networking Max. It's great to have fellow growers in the vicinity.

I couldn't agree more Reg. Such a blessing.

Glad you like the journal, things are going to get real interesting over here within the next few weeks! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Keep those plants green! I will be looking for some clones in August when I get back in town from my Summer gig and know exactly who to call.

Definitely hope that Elephant Purple works out for you. She certainly got reallllly bushy after a top and some late night medicated supercropping.

Be sure to get some shots of the root ball afer harvest. I have a feeling it is going to be EPIC! :thumb:

Keep those plants green! I will be looking for some clones in August when I get back in town from my Summer gig and know exactly who to call.

Definitely hope that Elephant Purple works out for you. She certainly got reallllly bushy after a top and some late night medicated supercropping.

Be sure to get some shots of the root ball afer harvest. I have a feeling it is going to be EPIC! :thumb:

Oh I'll be tryin' my best to keep em Green KCMP! And yeah my friend, you should most definitely hit Subnoise and I up for clones once you return in August. I just posted this in my First Journal but I'll cross post it here... we both got our seed orders yesterday so we will have a fat line-up of genetics for a while.

MaxYield's Seeds ::

-Pure Kush : GreenHouse Seeds : Fem
-Exodus Cheese : GreenHouse Seeds : Fem
-Berry Bomb : Bomb Seeds : Fem
-Blue Berry : Spliff Seeds : Fem
-Crazy Miss Hyde : Samsara Seeds : Fem (free)
-Ultraviolet Auto : Samsara Seeds : Fem (free)

Subnoise's Seeds ::

-THC Bomb : Bomb Seeds : Fem
-ICE Bomb : Bomb Seeds : Fem
-Vanilla Kush : Barney's Farm Seeds : Fem
-LSD : Barney's Farm Seeds : Fem
-Cherry Bomb : Bomb Seeds : Fem
-White VooDoo : LaPlanta Labs (Denver Company) : Regular
-Crazy Miss Hyde : Samsara Seeds : Fem (free)
-Ultraviolet Auto : Samsara Seeds : Fem (free)

So yeah, that is more than exciting! And I'm sure the Elephant Purple will work out, she is beautiful and I trained her fattest lower branches outwards so they could get more light and start growing up. Bushy is an understatement, you couldn't have topped or super-cropped her any better.. I love her. She is gonna be huge after stretch I would imagine.

I will definitely be documenting the root ball. I can guarantee it is already EPIC haha. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

- GENERAL UPDATES -

Hey guys, so I am gonna keep this post as short as possible, just wanted to give you all a heads up on what was going on with the ladies in general... It has been a busy couple of weeks in the grow room and it has definitely paid off having College Friends... unpaid trim jobs for the win! :cheesygrinsmiley: haha

Anyways, 3 new plants, a lot of rearranging and house keeping in the grow rooms.. Things are becoming much more fluid, space and light are both being utilized much better, plants are all healthy and problem free and things are happening the way I expect them too... My garden and I are picking up momentum and shall soon be in equilibrium with each other :cheesygrinsmiley:

ON TO THE UPDATES!

Strawberry Diesel ::
  • No topping, terminal shoot is continuing to be twisted in a spiral upwards. Love the structure it is giving the plant, she is getting HUGE.
  • Watered 3 gallons of plain Denver Tap on 2/3/15. 30% runoff achieved.
  • Removed all LST hooks from lower branches, letting them grow upwards now.
  • Misted with plain Denver Tap water every other day or so.

Purple Elephant ::
  • The 5 largest lower branches were pulled and trained outwards to increase the bushing of this lady during stretch.
  • Flower Week One nutrient line-up was: 2gal Denver Tap / 30ml FF Big Bloom / 7.5ml FF Grow Big Hydro / 10ml FF Tiger Bloom / .5tbsp FF Open Sesame.
  • Flower Week Two nutrient line-up is: 2gal Denver Tap / 30ml FF Big Bloom / 10ml FF Tiger Bloom / .5tbsp FF Open Sesame with a one time Foliar Feeding of 1qt Denver Tap / 1.25ml Snow Storm Ultra.
  • She takes 2 gallons every other day currently, and I get about 20% runoff. Every Wednesday she will receive her watering as a Bottom Feed Drench... First one was yesterday and she soaked up nearly all of the water I put in the Drip Tray. She takes nutes in every watering as well.. currently at 100% strength except the FF Grow Big as I have had Nitrogen Toxicity problems with it, I am currently using that at 75%.

Sour Monster ::
  • No training or topping what-so-ever.
  • Moving her underneath the LED for a couple hours each day.
  • Hempy Reservoir seems to run dry every two days.. really fast drinker and she seems to love nutrients. Veg Week 4 nutrient line-up is: 1gal Denver Tap / 15ml FF Big Bloom / 15ml FF Grow Big / .25tbsp FF Open Sesame. She takes about 1500ml (almost 1/3gallon) before I get 20% run off... She is such a fast grower and a beautiful plant....

Carls Jr. ::
  • No training or topping what-so-ever.
  • Hempy Reservoir seems like it's going to run dry every three or four days.. Still pretty full yesterday. Veg Week 3 nutrient line-up is: 1gal Denver Tap / 15ml FF Big Bloom / 15ml FF Grow Big. Skinny plant but very pretty, and I know her buds are extremely dank as well (based off Subnoises previous grow).

That's it for now, I will post pictures within the coming days! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

- UPDATE :: FLOWER & VEG -

Hey 420mag!
I decided I would post some pictures to this journal to keep you all up to date on what the plants looked like and how they were growing. I've come to the realization that I am going to have to reduce the amount of plants I have until I am able to get more lighting in both of my rooms.

The CFL's have done great work in my Veg closet, but after collaborating and constantly sharing info with Subnoise I have seen the growth of plants under LED.... I have decided I need to outfit my Flower Tent with more powerful lights (most likely the new Platinum LED's.. thinkin' 2 x P450's or 3 x P300's) and move my Mars700 into the Veg Room. Until then I am going to have to keep my plant count down... Might have to get rid of some little ladies.

Here we have the lovely Elephant Purple. Today is her thirteenth day of 12/12 for her, Pistils are starting to work their way out of the bud sites. She looks very happy, yesterday she received her final Defoliation, took off leaves covering bud sites and dead/crowded inner growth.
IMG_36487.JPG
IMG_36498.JPG
IMG_36508.JPG

Next are the pictures of the lovely Strawberry Diesel, today is her sixty-ninth day of Veg.. Which means tomorrow is the 10 week mark! She is getting very large, feeding her plain Denver Tap Water when thirsty and very minimal nutrients every third or fourth watering.
IMG_36386.JPG
IMG_36447.JPG
IMG_36427.JPG
IMG_36436.JPG

On to one of the newest tenants in the Flower Tent, next up are the Sour Monster and Carls Jr. Sour Monster had 4 weeks of Veg and is standing tall while Carls Jr. has had 2 weeks of Veg, no topping or training what so ever. Being fed FoxFarm Week 1 Bloom Nutrients at full strength. Day 2 under LED.
Sour Monster...
IMG_36328.JPG

Carls Jr...
IMG_36335.JPG

Thanks everyone for following along! This grow is getting interesting and I cannot wait to see how these new girls produce for me now that I can keep Ph in check! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful color & structure on that Strawberry Diesel Max.

Beautiful color & structure on that Strawberry Diesel Max.

Thank you very much Reg! She is making me an extremely proud father! Every single leaf she produces is absolute perfection :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: Until my fat fingers mess them up haha

Thanks for stopping by my friend!

happy plants :thumb:

good job brother

Subbed for the rest of the ride MaxYields. You are a natural. It's obvious in the way plants keep finding their way to your door. :laughtwo::green_heart:

happy plants :thumb:

good job brother

Appreciate the encouragement brother! :cheesygrinsmiley: I sure hope they are happy :cheesygrinsmiley:

Subbed for the rest of the ride MaxYields. You are a natural. It's obvious in the way plants keep finding their way to your door. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Wow, I really appreciate the compliment Sue :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: Coming from someone with your natural skills, it means a lot. You are too kind.

I still have much room for improvement, and as I work my way towards HB Growing I still want to develop my techniques with the mediums and nutrients I have... It would feel wrong to drop this method before I have even gotten consistent results with it. Now that I have a Ph Meter and am aware of the importance of PH'ing my water, things should develop the way I want :cheesygrinsmiley:

Extremely excited you have started your new Journal, you can expect me to drop by consistently!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Word Max! I'm in on all of em now! Lookin tasty!

Trig

Thank you very much!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I am more than happy to have you in all of my Journals, any and all advice welcome from you my friend.

- STRAWBERRY DIESEL UPDATE -

Hey everyone!!!!

So the Strawberry Diesel is getting very large, basically takes up the entire Veg Closet and is growing so so fast! She is in week 10 of Veg and has at least another 12 to go. If you didn't catch it before, I am going to flower her solo in the Flower Tent this summer while I grow outside.

I also have some news... I couldn't stop myself any longer... I had to top her. And I couldn't be happier I did!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I topped her 12 times, and the next day her undergrowth had already gone crazy!! She is so thick now, and her new tops are starting to shoot! This was three days ago, yesterday I gave her a watering with full strength nutrients, this is the only time she will receive nutrients at full strength and it is to help her get over the topping and start her new growth with a bang! :cheesygrinsmiley:

2gal Denver Tap Water / 15ml FoxFarm Big Bloom / 15ml FoxFarm Grow Big.

PICTURES....

IMG_36635.JPG
IMG_365712.JPG
IMG_36596.JPG
IMG_36609.JPG

Thank you very much for following along everyone!! :cheesygrinsmiley: Updates on the other ladies to come!

:goodjob: Max.

Looking forward to them Max.

Back
Top Bottom