MaxYield's Second Soil Journal - Strawberry Diesel - CFL Veg & LED Flower

Hey MaxYields figured I would come check out another local Colorado journal. Hope you don't mind. Your SD looks great, props to seraphim for a beautiful clone. I some times think it would be cool to see someone else grow a strain I'm playing with to see how it reacts to another environment, different feeding schedules stuff like that. Got a SD bag seed a couple months back but it didn't germ so I'm excited to see how this turns out. No stranger to long veg times here either. I love to train my girls and watch them take shape. I'm on my second grow now other than my outdoor summer fail last year so thirdish aswell. Working on my first journal and they were veged 8 weeks. All the best to you and may your garden flourish. :Namaste:

That's exactly why I asked c526 to do a co journal with me.

Looking good maxyields looking good.

i hope im not too late to the party

subbed if you don't mind mate, everything looks exceptional :ganjamon:

That's exactly why I asked c526 to do a co journal with me.

Looking good maxyields looking good.

Thank you very much D.P.! I am glad with her progress and she is really lookin' beautiful... I love training her in a spiral and I think she is really going to bush out the way I want it too.

i hope im not too late to the party

subbed if you don't mind mate, everything looks exceptional :ganjamon:

Not too late at all! I am more than happy to have you along 420brother!! Thank you very much for your kind comments! Photos and updates to comes soon!

:welcome::thanks:

I know what you mean KCMP. I had to go with 2 humidifiers to get my Veg tent above 50% RH.

Subbed. Glad to have another local grower to bounce ideas around with.

Speaking of... How are you keeping your humidity so high? I am having trouble hitting 30% with a humidifier running.

Hey there KCMP! Super glad to have you around my Journal friend! Your advice/criticism/questions are always welcome here! And I am just as glad to have a local grower around, I am always looking for people who are local and willing to share advice and experiences!

And it is very hard, especially here in Colorado as I am sure you know! In my Veg Room however I don't have any ventilation, so my only way to get fresh air in the room is too leave the door cracked so Temps and Humidities tend to stay high with such low air flow. That plus the rags I hang in there keep it above 50% most of the time.. although I should probably get a Co2 Bag in there to make up for the lack of air refreshment.

I know what you mean KCMP. I had to go with 2 humidifiers to get my Veg tent above 50% RH.

Yeah it's gotta be hard with ventilation.. keeping my Flower Tent above 30% is quite the task!

- UPDATE :: VEG DAY 27 -

So guys we are almost in the fourth week of Veg now, things are going very well! She is growing a little slower than expected but I think that is just due to the low Temperatures in my Veg closet at the moment... It has been cold here in Denver the last few days. However her LST is going great and she has several tops now! I don't think I am going to top her, just curl her in a circle around the pot until Flower. So anyways, lets get into the update!

GENERAL UPDATES ::

January 31:
Strawberry Diesel was up-potted into a 15 gallon Smart Pot, had her roots misted with a 1gal Denver Tap Water / 15ml Rhizotonic / 2drops Super-Thrive mixture. The top inch of soil is Royal Gold Basement Mix, I was running low on Perlite so I decided I would rely on the Coco for the extra drainage. I have been misting her every day since transplant with Denver Tap Water.

January 2:
Gave her a light watering today of plain Denver Tap Water, about 1/3 gallon.

Some photo's before transplant...
IMG_32396.JPG
IMG_32403.JPG
IMG_32415.JPG
IMG_32423.JPG
IMG_32434.JPG

Afterwards...
IMG_32555.JPG
IMG_32534.JPG

Some close-ups...
IMG_32464.JPG
IMG_32489.JPG
IMG_32475.JPG
IMG_32655.JPG
IMG_32667.JPG

The Temperature/RH in the Veg Room...
IMG_326711.JPG

The Nutrients lined up for Flowering...
IMG_32748.JPG

I forget if I listed it before, but the mix in my Smart Pot is:
-6 gallons FoxFarm Happy Frog
-6 gallons FoxFarm Ocean Forest
-3 gallons Perlite
-15 tablespoons Dolomite Lime​

I mixed it very thoroughly.

Thanks everyone for following along!:thanks::thanks:

Nice update Max.
I had to go with 2 humidifiers to get my Veg tent above 50% RH.

Yeah it's gotta be hard with ventilation.. keeping my Flower Tent above 30% is quite the task!
The ventilation's fine. I keep the tent open during lights on unless we have company & turn one humidifier off & the other one to low during lights out.

Sweetness! Good to see her in the new large home! She's happy! :high-five:

Nice update Max.

The ventilation's fine. I keep the tent open during lights on unless we have company & turn one humidifier off & the other one to low during lights out.

I meant with Ventilation running it makes it even harder to keep things Humid :cheesygrinsmiley: but for sure. I want to get a humidifier for my Veg Closet really bad, unfortunately with everything going on the Grow Rooms require more attention than I can currently give them (my current living conditions restrict all of my grow stuff, so it is set up in a friends house and only receives care when I make it down there.) so until that changes no Humidifier for me... I guess I have no complains with my current set up though! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking fabulous buddy. That SD is beautiful and looking happy as can be. :bravo:

Yep looking happy and healthy my friend! :)

Sweetness! Good to see her in the new large home! She's happy! :high-five:

Thanks Sub, Light and Seraphim! I sure hope she is happy, the transplant was a little rough for her (those cloth pots are a B*%$& to take off......) and she definitely was showing a little stress, but I tried my best to help make her recovery as quick and painless as possible. One of the reasons I misted her root system with the Rhizotonic / Super-Thrive mixture.

I think she will enjoy her new home, she has so much room for activities!

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

- UPDATE :: VEG DAY 32 -​

Hey friends!!!

Lots of fun new activity in the Veg closet!! The Strawberry Diesel is still loving her new home, just chugging along like usual, her leaves are all much bigger than any on my current flowering girls. I also decided to take a couple clones of her, she was getting pretty crowded so I took of 3 clones of branches that weren't working towards my LST efforts. She will be in the Veg Room for a while, I actually might keep her in there once the Flowering Tent clears out... We will see!

So the three cuttings I took all got different treatment when put into their new home, this is what each of them received;
  • Clone #1: Not cut at 45*, bottom half inch scraped, fan leaves clipped.
  • Clone #2: Cut at 45*, bottom half inch scraped, fan leaves clipped.
  • Clone #3: Cut at 45*, not scraped, fan leaves clipped.
All clones dipped in Rootech cloning gel, then placed in RockWool cubes that had pre-soaked in Denver Tap Water and Rhizotonic / Super-Thrive added at 15ml / 4drops a gallon of Denver Tap. Placed in the Humidity Dome and then misted with plain Denver Tap Water.

Current state of the Veg Closet, side grow L.A. Kush was up-potted into final 3 gal home. 6 clones in Humidity Dome and the Blue Diesel sprout. Strawberry Diesel still in her 15gal obviously.
IMG_33188.JPG

Temperature and Humidity in the Veg Closet.
IMG_33195.JPG

Close ups of the girl, this was after I took the clones.
IMG_33205.JPG

IMG_33218.JPG

Strawberry Diesel Clone #1.
IMG_33267.JPG

Strawberry Diesel Clone #2.
IMG_33275.JPG

Strawberry Diesel Clone #3.
IMG_33286.JPG

Group shot of the clones.
IMG_33299.JPG

Thanks everyone for stopping by!!!:thanks::Namaste:

Just wanted to share this picture with you all! She was cloned 2 days ago and stakes down yesterday. She is so resilient and looks beautiful.
image19138.jpg

I see you have a few clones from flowering plants Max. What type of luck have you had with them? Every flowering cut I've tried to clone suffers from bud rot.

I see you have a few clones from flowering plants Max. What type of luck have you had with them? Every flowering cut I've tried to clone suffers from bud rot.

Hey Reg!!

Thanks for stopping by! This is actually a totally new experience for me and I have really just thrown myself into it hoping for the best. So far I am not disappointed, obviously they haven't showl any new growth up top, however two days ago they all had a big clump of root bumps on their stems :cheesygrinsmiley:

I cut them all at 45* angles, scrapped the bottom half inch of 2/3, dipped in rooting gel and then stuck em in the presoaked RockWool cubes. The cubes were soaked in Denvr Tap Water with Rhizotonic added at 15ml per gallon. I have been keeping the cubes wet and the leaves misted.

I stopped taking them out of the cubes to inspect roots so I don't accidentally hurt them. Waiting to see roots come out of the cube at this point. Luckily this their mom stretched for about 3 1/2 weeks (she's indicia Dom..) so her buds were still rather underdeveloped when I took the cuts. As far as I can tell no bud rot so far.

I just want one to root so j can save this genetic for a little while. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm keeping track of them pretty closely over on my First Journal if you wanna see how it goes :cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks:

That's pretty much the same technique I use minus the ziplock sandwich bag. I'll try it without the bag for the cuttings in bloom next time but how often do you have to spray? We're not home during the day.

That's pretty much the same technique I use minus the ziplock sandwich bag. I'll try it without the bag for the cuttings in bloom next time but how often do you have to spray? We're not home during the day.

We are in a relatively similar situation, My grow room is not in my house so some days I don't check on the ladies. Those days (about every other day) they get sprayed once by my friend. The humidity dome is also sprayed to keep the RH up. On days I am there they get misted 3-5 times)... I hadn't even thought about bud rot honestly, I will be seeing them shortly so I'll inspect them carefully for Bud Rot. I leave the vents half way open as well.

Again, I took them while buds weren't that formed, mainly covered in long pistols.

Back
Top Bottom