MaxYield's Second Soil Journal - Strawberry Diesel - CFL Veg & LED Flower

Thanxx Subnoise. I'll be following yours closely Max, make sure you take pics. If I can get cloning flower cuttings down pat I'll only clone the plants with heavy resin and stacked bud structure.

I found cloning off a flowering mom meant no difference in my little bubble cloner, I didnt worry on the bud rot bit as my clone was just sat head free, without a dome or cover. Never sprayed it once :)

That's kinda where I'm at cloning straight into coco now and not using any dome or spray if one gets a little droopy I drop a 2l bottle over the cup for 24hrs or so till it perks back up then I remove the bottle.

Thanxx Subnoise. I'll be following yours closely Max, make sure you take pics. If I can get cloning flower cuttings down pat I'll only clone the plants with heavy resin and stacked bud structure.

It would be my pleasure Reg! I'm with the ladies right now, I am replying on my phone and will be at the grow room until my Physics Lab tonight, so I'll take plenty of pictures with my nice camera for an update tonight. From the sounds of it less humidity is better with flowering clones so I'm only gonna mist the leaves from here on out and not the whole dome. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I found cloning off a flowering mom meant no difference in my little bubble cloner, I didnt worry on the bud rot bit as my clone was just sat head free, without a dome or cover. Never sprayed it once :)

That's kinda where I'm at cloning straight into coco now and not using any dome or spray if one gets a little droopy I drop a 2l bottle over the cup for 24hrs or so till it perks back up then I remove the bottle.

From the sounds of it, cloning a flowering plant is relatively similar too cloning a vegging plant. And that's what I've been told by my friend at the hydro store, just that it would take longer to root. I am going to keep my humidity down a little lower from here on out and we will see what happens! :cheesygrinsmiley: I am pretty confident we will be seeing roots within the next week!

Thanks for following along you guys, I really appreciate all the feed back and conversation, makes this Journal even more pleasureable to update!

:thanks: :thanks:

- UPDATE :: VEG WEEK 7 -​

Hey 420magazine! figured I would give you all an update on the Strawberry Diesel. She has been vegging for about 7 weeks now, and is getting pretty large! I am so excited and pleased with her growth, she is so pretty and big! I am still twisting her in a circle and letting her growth do its thing! I don't want to do much defoliation to her during Veg, haven't decided if I am going to in flower or not... we will see!

I have been feeding her 2 gallons of plain Denver Tap water when she is dry, and she is given 10ml Rhizotonic, 10ml FF Big Bloom and 3ml FF Grow Big every three feedings.

On to the pictures!!!

View of the grow room...
IMG_34017.JPG

Temperature and Relative Humidity...
IMG_34214.JPG

View of the beautiful lady...
IMG_34035.JPG

Close ups...
IMG_34185.JPG
IMG_34206.JPG
IMG_34197.JPG

The clone group shot...
IMG_34135.JPG

Clone close ups... All have roots, just waiting for them to pop out of the RockWool!
IMG_34165.jpg
IMG_34152.jpg
IMG_34173.jpg
IMG_34146.jpg

Thanks everyone for following along! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

[EDIT] :: If you are looking for the progress of the Warlock Reveg Clones, you should check out THIS JOURNAL

Everything looks incredibly healthy Max.

Everything looks incredibly healthy Max.

Appreciate it Reg! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Two of the Strawberry Diesel clones are showing some yellowing on their leaves, isn't scaring me too much as the top growth looks healthy and the roots are obviously started. The Warlock ReVeg Clones all sprouted roots out of the RockWool Cubes and have been planted in FFOF/Perlite in Solo Cups and are officially growing their new Veg leaves! Check 'em out if you wish :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

All my clones get a little yellowing on the lower leafs right before they root & nah, I have the Top Led 96x3w reflector donated to us by two of the most gracious members here.

Just some pictures of all the current rooted / rooting clones!​

All three Warlock clones had roots showing and have been transplanted into soil, all showing their new ReVeg growth at the top.. so beautifully ugly! All 4 original Strawberry Diesel clones have been placed in grow medium, two in a 35/35/30 mix of FFOF/FFHF/Perlite. One has been put in 100% Perlite. The last was planted 100% Coco Coir, and she will be going out to my friend Subnoise this weekend!

Did some defoil on my Strawberry Diesel and took 4 more cuts of her, trying to get some nice looking clones... The original #1 is especially ugly.

IMG_34385.JPG
IMG_34398.JPG
IMG_34406.JPG

Subnoise's Clone before transplant....
IMG_34365.JPG
IMG_34372.JPG
IMG_34355.JPG

- UPDATE :: VEG WEEK 8 -​
- - NEW ADDITIONS - -
- - PURPLE ELEPHANT :: SOUR MONSTER :: CARLS JR. - -​

Hey 420magazine!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

So this update brings lots of changes to not only the grow room, but this Journal as well! Don't fret though, I believe everyone will enjoy these changes and if embraced... should lead to a pretty great show! So let me stop babbling and start explaining!

This weekend I received three new plants from some friends I made on this forum! I am all about collaboration, and in one case several plants and strains were traded, and in the other case a young lady without a home was adopted! My good friend Subnoise, came down this weekend and hung out, and brought me several gifts! Thanks to him I now have a BEAUTIFUL Sour Monster in Coco Hempy (3 weeks Veg) and a very pretty Carls Jr. in Coco Hempy (1 week Veg). They are both soakin' up light in the Veg Closet with the Strawberry Diesel, and will remain there until my Warlock is harvested this Sunday!

Another awesome grower I met on this forum, KCMP, was looking for a place for one of his HUGE plants to go as his Flower Tent couldn't hold all of his ladies anymore. I gladly accepted his offer when he reached out to me (and I can't thank him enough, you will see how large this girl really is in a few sentences!) and I know have a huge new addition to my Flower Tent... a stunning Purple Elephant! She is in the Flower Tent with the Warlock currently, as she was three days into flower when she entered my Grow Room!

This was such an amazing weekend, and I was able to give Subnoise a cut of the Strawberry Diesel, Purple Elephant and a Deathstar Clone I got at a Medical Dispensary I frequent! Lots of collaboration... I LOVE IT! HURRAY LEGAL WEED! :cheesygrinsmiley: :clap::laughtwo::slide::partyboy:

On to the PICTURES!...

STRAWBERRY DIESEL ::
Veg_Closet4.JPG
SD_Whole.JPG
SD_New_Growth.JPG

SOUR MONSTER ::
SM_Profile.JPG
SM_Top_Angle.JPG
SM_Top.JPG

CARLS JR. ::
CJr_Profile.JPG
CJr_Top_Angle.JPG
CJr_Top.JPG

PURPLE ELEPHANT ::
Flower_Tent1.JPG
PE_In_Tent.JPG
PE_Profile.JPG
PE_Profile2.JPG
PE_Top1.JPG
PE_Leaves.JPG
PE_Leaf.JPG

PE_Stem.JPG

So excited to have all of these new beautiful plants under my care, I promise both Subnoise and KCMP I will not disappoint! :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks a lot to of you for stopping by you guys, it was a pleasure to meet you both and I can't wait to see you again soon! :cheesygrinsmiley:

But, where does that leave the beautiful Strawberry Diesel?? Well don't you worry, I have a very fun plan for her....

I am going to continue to twist her stem upwards in a circle, and Defoliate the inside branches to promote the outer branches growth and bush out... As I already am doing. She is going to go about 21 to 25 weeks of Veg, and I am going to put her in the Flower Tent SOLO to bloom during summer.... Most likely late May to mid June... whenever the last flowering plant is harvested! :cheesygrinsmiley: Expect lots of training with her, she is going to be a monster... Good thing I went with the 15 gallon GeoPot! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks everyone for joining me! Don't be a stranger and head over to my First Soil Grow and check out the Harvest that is going on!

Also my Third Soil Journal is starting to pick up speed as well, so don't be afraid to sub over there!!! I love any advice or suggestions on how to improve!

Thanks so much too everyone following along... I LOVE this website!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

:bravo:

Wonderful update. Wonderful news. Wonderful plants.
:bravo: Max's friends
:bravo: Max
:circle-of-love:

Thank you very much my friends, I am more than excited about the small group of growers I am currently networking with in Denver, and I only have high hopes for where it will go from here! :cheesygrinsmiley: Not to mention and am more than overwhelmed with the gratitude of fellow 420magazine members.... Absolutely amazing.

McD's

Great update & congrats on the networking Max. It's great to have fellow growers in the vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom