MaxYield's Second Soil Journal - Strawberry Diesel - CFL Veg & LED Flower

Looking forward to them Max.

Thanks a lot Sue, it is always reassuring knowing that you are following along. Give my regards to Dale when next possible, I'm sending good vibes towards your new little babies!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm sure they will be above ground to smile at the world soon!

- Update on the Purple Elephant -

So with a little help from my good friend Subnoise, we came to the conclusion that the Purple Elephant is a cut-only Purple Urkel Hybrid or a selection from S1 Seeds. Here is the Seedfinder description.

JojoRizo's (RIP) Purple Elephant is basically a Purple Urkel hybrid or perhaps a selection from S1 Seeds. It's a massive yielding hashplant version of the Urkel and is a very rare clone only strain. Only a few people in the world have her and the few people that do hold her close. It's finish time is roughly 8-9 weeks and yields rivaling that of Big Bud. Breeder, Gage Green, has popularized this strain using her in the infamous Grape Stomper aka Sour Grapes as can be seen in pretty much any recent issue of High Times.

And here is a Seedfinder picture...
Clone_Only_Strains_-_Purple_Elephant.jpg

So I am very excited about this plant.. if I haven't already made that clear. Subnoise and I took some cuts and they are under his expert care... they have been struggling however one looks as if it might make it. We are praying after reading that Seedfinder description haha. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Again, can't thank our awesome friend KCMP enough for this beautiful lady :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't wait to give you some of her bountiful harvest :cheesygrinsmiley: I hope I make you proud! haha

good job max :thumb:

its so nice to have a community in real life, makes it really intresting to keep growing.
happy for you brother :high-five:

Thanks a lot Sue, it is always reassuring knowing that you are following along. Give my regards to Dale when next possible, I'm sending good vibes towards your new little babies!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm sure they will be above ground to smile at the world soon!

- Update on the Purple Elephant -

So with a little help from my good friend Subnoise, we came to the conclusion that the Purple Elephant is a cut-only Purple Urkel Hybrid or a selection from S1 Seeds. Here is the Seedfinder description.

JojoRizo's (RIP) Purple Elephant is basically a Purple Urkel hybrid or perhaps a selection from S1 Seeds. It's a massive yielding hashplant version of the Urkel and is a very rare clone only strain. Only a few people in the world have her and the few people that do hold her close. It's finish time is roughly 8-9 weeks and yields rivaling that of Big Bud. Breeder, Gage Green, has popularized this strain using her in the infamous Grape Stomper aka Sour Grapes as can be seen in pretty much any recent issue of High Times.

And here is a Seedfinder picture...
Clone_Only_Strains_-_Purple_Elephant.jpg

So I am very excited about this plant.. if I haven't already made that clear. Subnoise and I took some cuts and they are under his expert care... they have been struggling however one looks as if it might make it. We are praying after reading that Seedfinder description haha. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Again, can't thank our awesome friend KCMP enough for this beautiful lady :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't wait to give you some of her bountiful harvest :cheesygrinsmiley: I hope I make you proud! haha

Yeah Buddy! That Elephant is gonna be the goods! Things are looking great over here Max, nice job! Did you say that Strawberry has another 12 weeks to go!? Gonna be a monster! Keep it growin my dude!

Trig

good job max :thumb:

its so nice to have a community in real life, makes it really intresting to keep growing.
happy for you brother :high-five:

You got that right Brother!! Everyone I have come in contact with has inspired me to keep pushing forward with growing so I can learn and gain as much experience as possible... Everyone here gets me so excited about growing!

Thanks for the compliment and support, wish we were close enough to share some bud! Until then have this internet joint!
:passitleft:

Yeah Buddy! That Elephant is gonna be the goods! Things are looking great over here Max, nice job! Did you say that Strawberry has another 12 weeks to go!? Gonna be a monster! Keep it growin my dude!

Trig

Thanks a lot Trig! Your support is really appreciated and keeps me motivated!

And yes actually I did say that.. could possibly be another 16 weeks. I am trying to flower her solo in the Flower Tent, and it wont be clear now until mid May, and possibly early June with the other plants I have going.

She is going to be a monster that is for sure... Well I think she already is. I am going to take some pictures of all of the ladies today. SD gets a Defoil this weekend to focus energy on new upwards growth. I have the circumference of my Strawberry Diesel bush correct... now I'm just waiting for height! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for stopping by you guys!

Awesome bro. You're ramping up like a boss since you came on the forum. Love to see that. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern right now while we finish the current meds but I've got something brewing and you know I'll keep you posted on the....wait for it....the DROP! haha looking forward to your progress!

Trig

Awesome bro. You're ramping up like a boss since you came on the forum. Love to see that. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern right now while we finish the current meds but I've got something brewing and you know I'll keep you posted on the....wait for it....the DROP! haha looking forward to your progress!

Trig

Hey I really appreciate that Trig :cheesygrinsmiley: I like how things are going that's for sure.

I do regret buying and popping my Auto seeds however. I already had enough going on, I should have kept them for a rainy day... From here on out I am going to focus all of my energy on my Photoperiod ladies. The Purple Elephant, Sour Monster and Carls Jr. being most important.

I couldn't have learned more from my first grow... I am feeling pretty good about my method of Vegging now, at least in my FoxFarm soil mix. I am just hoping I can improve on the flowering phase as much as I improved on Vegging.. I am pretty confident. I have definitely made it past that "New Grower Eagerness" phase and am able to focus on providing a perfect life for my ladies, rather than having as many as possible :cheesygrinsmiley:

That being said, it is nice enough here in Colorado that they Auto's will be finishing outside while my Photo's do their thing in the tent. If the Autos make it I'll have extra buds, and if they die I honestly wont care... All of them have given me at least one problem so far.

Anyways, thanks again Trig. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I cannot wait to see what new things you have in store for us.

Can't wait to see the Elephant start to bulk up and go purple. My ladies just started putting on some weight over the last few days.

Hell yeah dude, the differences are noticeable daily now. Week 4 of Flower and she couldn't be loving life any more. I know I keep saying I will get pictures up and I am being Sincere haha... I have been so busy with midterms and work and what not... BUT luckily I am on Spring Break now so I will have the time :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: Lucky man I am to have so many beautiful ladies all up in my house :rofl: :rofl:

Your ladies are all looking spectacular as well, those Golden Goats are so big :cheesygrinsmiley:

;;; UPDATE ;;;

Hey everyone, gonna give you all a quick picture update of what I got going on with these ladies. Everything is going great, Elephant Purple is on week 4 of Flower where Sour Monster and Carls Jr. are both on week 2. Strawberry Diesel is cruising smoothly into week 13 of Veg.

Elephant Purple is getting fed 15ml FF Big Bloom / 10ml FF Grow Big / 1ml FF Tiger Bloom / .25tsp FF Cha Ching. Sour Monster and Carls Jr. are both being fed 15ml FF Big Bloom / 10ml FF Tiger Bloom / .25tsp Open Sesame. They are all getting sprayed with Snow Storm Ultra every Wednesday usually between 4:00 and 8:00 pm.

Strawberry Diesel was given 2 gallons of Denver Tap 2 days ago. Removed a lot of lower growth that wasn't getting light. Hopefully it will promote upwards growth, as I want her to get tall in these last 12 weeks of Veg. She bounced back very quickly and she should be growing full force again soon. I will top dress her with some quality EWC within this coming week. I also tied down her tallest shoot, as it was getting much closer to the light than ay of the other tops.

Purple Elephant...
IMG_37116.JPG
IMG_37124.JPG
IMG_37137.JPG
IMG_37195.JPG
IMG_37225.JPG
IMG_37217.JPG
IMG_37202.JPG
IMG_37185.JPG
IMG_37156.JPG
IMG_37175.JPG

Sour Monster (right)...
IMG_37245.JPG
IMG_37263.JPG
IMG_37294.JPG

Carls Jr. (left)...
IMG_37245.JPG
IMG_37276.JPG
IMG_37107.JPG

And last but definitely not least, Strawberry Diesel!
Whole12.JPG
BeforeLST1.JPG
Trunk8.JPG

Defoil1.JPG

Top116.JPG
Top219.JPG

very healthy looking ladies :thumb:

excellent job buddy :high-five:

Girls are looking great buddy. Nice to see a sour monster flowered under leds she is nice and tight. Making me proud my friend. :bravo:

I appreciate it my friend!! She is so easy to raise, she is constantly reaching for the light and loves to drink haha :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm very excited to see what kinda resin I get stackin' on these beautiful ladies :cheesygrinsmiley: I appreciate the compliments Sub, and always great to have you in my Journal!

very healthy looking ladies :thumb:

excellent job buddy :high-five:

I appreciate it Brother!!! I hope they're healthy and happy, I'm sure trying my best! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Agreed, you're rocking this grow Max.

Thanks Reg, that means a lot! I'm starting to get worried that I will have Ph problems and suffer from lockouts again... We are almost in week 5 of Flower with the Purple Elephant so hopefully she starts stackin' on weight... My State Tax Return can't come fast enough haha I am going to get my self a nice new Ph Meter from the Hydro store near me :cheesygrinsmiley:

I also have a lot of updates on my Warlock Reveg, I am going to move her into this journal. I kept the fastest growing (she also had the most roots) Warlock clone and she has been chugging along nicely. Finally starting to pop 5 bladed leaves again, she is gonna look pretty in a week or so!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: Up potted her to a 1 gal jug.

Looking good! Keep up the good work!!!

I appreciate the compliments Hunter!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: Hopefully this grow turns out better than my last, and I have some weight behind the quality this time. Thanks for all of your help when I was just getting started, wouldn't be where I am without ya my friend.

- UPDATE -

Greetings 420magazine,

Went to the Organics & Hydroponics store near my Grow House and picked up a few things. Firstly I picked up 4 lbs of Organic Earthworm Castings (1-0-0) to top dress my Strawberry Diesel with...
IMG_37393.JPG

Pulled out the slow-release Dolomite Lime I bought a couple months back... Add four (filled em up twice) Gallons of Denver Tap which I PH'ed to 6.5. One of the Gallons had 6ml Rhizotonic mixed into it...
IMG_37384.JPG

3 lbs of EWC spread over the top of the pot...
IMG_37404.JPG

5 tbsp of Dolomite Lime on top of that...
IMG_37415.JPG

Mix with the top bit of soil, and let the water do the rest! :cheesygrinsmiley:
IMG_37423.JPG

While I was there I decided to drop the money and finally put my mind to ease with my PH concerns... So I got a fancy PH Meter!

It was about 70 bucks so it better be correct and last a long time... That brings my total number of PH Pens to 3 :rofl:

I am pretty sure that when I had Subnoise over, and we took measurements of my water, we tested water that had something mixed in it... His PH Meter read my tap at 6.5, shortly afterwards I got my first cheap PH Pen and my tap read at 7.5. Then a week later I got my second cheap PH Meter and still it read at 7.5. Now I have my new expensive PH Pen and my tap still reads at 7.5-7.7.

The guys at the Hydro Store know me so they took it out and calibrated it right there, then cross checked it with theirs. So I am pretty confident my tap water is around 7.5 PH and 164 PPM, and don't have to constantly worry about that any more.

Max, Just a tip on the Dolomite Lime. The slow releases pellets is not really good to use on grows that we do. By the time the lime breaks down the grow will be over. If possible get some of the powdered Dolomite Lime it works a lot better. Mix it with your soil before you plant at the 1 table spoon per gallon of soil. The slow release is just clay treated with the lime nutrients and takes forever to break down. They are meant for huge fields that will be planted on over and over.

Max, Just a tip on the Dolomite Lime. The slow releases pellets is not really good to use on grows that we do. By the time the lime breaks down the grow will be over. If possible get some of the powdered Dolomite Lime it works a lot better. Mix it with your soil before you plant at the 1 table spoon per gallon of soil. The slow release is just clay treated with the lime nutrients and takes forever to break down. They are meant for huge fields that will be planted on over and over.

Sounds good, I appreciate the tip! It's all I got at the moment so I guess as long as it isn't hurting it I don't mind :cheesygrinsmiley: I think I had read that somewhere after I got it, but never updated my pantry, oh well... next time!

Wow Max :bravo:

beautiful red/yellow pistils you got there :)
exceptional job my friend im betting your bud will be primo stuff :high-five:

are those 10 gallon smart pots you got there?

Back
Top Bottom